Bleeding during intercourse and bowel movement. scared to death

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

For the past almost 3 years, I bleed during intercourse. It started off not as bad, just around my period. Now it is everytime I have sex. It is a bright red, not like period blood. I have been tested for all STD's and they were negative. I have been seen by different doctor's and they say they can't see anything that would cause me to bleed during intercourse. Now I am bleeding when I make bowel movement, rather it be hard or extremely loose. This is effecting my sexual life with my BF and my mental state. I need something to help me point the doctors in the right direction. Can someone please help me, I have looked and asked everywhere and I can't find anything. I'm really starting to get scared. i have 3 boys, I'm 30 years old and I am all that my kids have. They can't lose me, I need to know before it's too late.
try to get a body scan, or exray or something, or go to another doctor and see what they all say..
at least one doctor out they will find whats wrong..
I bled like that for yrs, but i had endo
try seeing a  disease specialist. yes, they actually have doctors for that
With the endo was there any other signs. What did they have to do to find that. I am really getting scared. Are there any known disease that would cause that?
I think you need to work with your doctors on this one. Have you kept up with your paps? What I would be worried about - and I don't mean to scare you just want to suggest this - but when cervical cancer becomes invasive, it can cause bleeding from the vagina, as well as the bowel. AGAIN - don't mean to scare you - but it would seem that this would be a big thing for doctors to investigate.

It is my understanding that bleeding caused by endometriosis only occurs around the menstrual cycle - not ongoing. Really, if your doctors are not pursuing this vigourously, find one that will.
I had an ultrasound done the other day. I have also had about 5 paps in the last 6 months, and been tested for STD's twice. Everything was fine. I have another appt. the 26th of this month, they are looking toward endo. So I'll know more then.
When you are bleeding from a bowel movement, is the blood coming from your vagina or from your rectum?
It's sounds as though the penetration during intercourse is too deep. You don't need scans. A womans body is so complex, much more so than a mans. It is delicate. He needs to be careful how he handles your body, especially your cervix. The cervix doesn't like to be pounded at certain times of the month as it drops when ovulating and during your menses. Good luck.
I am having the same exact problem as you....I even had an ultrasound done & there is nothing....please keep this post updated & i will do the same...my next appt is on sept 7th
Hi. I am 23 years old and have been experiencing bleeding during intercourse for the past year now. It has gotten worse throughout the year. It was about 40% of the time and then increased to about 80% of the time and now during bowel movements - almost every time!

It is very frustrating and mentally exhausting with myself and my boyfriend. I have seen a doctor and suggested getting my cervix "frozen." Within that appointment he ran an STD test and it came back clear. I was nervous about this, so for my next pap smear I asked the doctor and she put me on an antibiotic for a week and to keep her posted with how many times during sex I bled. Well, I have had sex about 5 times and I have bled every single time but one. She said that the next step would be to get a cervix biopsy done (If i remember correctly). They are going to take tissues and see what is wrong.

This is so awful! What did hear back from your doctor on your 9/7 appointment?