Blister-Like Sore on Outer Labia

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Blister-Like Sore on Outer Labia

2485903?1202519317
I have a blister-like sore on my outer labia about the size of a pea.  It was like this like 3 days ago and i stumbled on myself and popped it.  It bled a lot.  Now that it has been a couple of days since it popped it is still bleeding a bit.  I've been wearing a band aid (it helps with the discomfort) and applying neosporin.  It doesn't hurt to the touch but it is hurting from irritation from walking and sitting and my clothing.    I had my husband look at it and he says it looks like a bump with a small sore in the middle.  

It is definitely not an ingrown hair or a cyst, I've had those before.  There is no puss on this bump/blister.  I have been tested for a battery of STDs within the past year two times and it was all negative.  I haven't been sexually active since my tests.

It is towards the back of my labia almost where the outer labia ends.

If you have an idea what this could be please post.  I'm very worried and I don't have a doctor's appointment until 4 days from now.
it could be a boil
Avatar n tn
If it is a boil, wouldn't it have puss?

Thanks for your reply.
Avatar n tn
It is also not hard like a boil would normally be.
could you have gotten bitten down there? if its slill bleeding you need to go have it checked
Avatar n tn
Well I went to my primary doctor and she didn't anything of it.  She said it was a very clean wound and that it seemed to be healing.  She suggested I use neosporin and a gauze on it until it heals.

She said it was probably not an STD or anything serious.

What a relief...but i hate the lack of exact answer.
This Is crazy. I have found myself in this exact situation 3 years ago....and my doc gave me the same advice after my full testing for stds was all clear negative results.She told me not to worry and i never did.....now after 3 years it has happened again..i was tested only a few months ago..my bf is not worried and has never had any problems...but i def feel weird that this is the second time for me.. i mean isn't that wierd?>>>>> I made a doc appt.  because ..i mean maybe she is wrong? or something else? so waiting to go back i can't help but let my mind wander...and look on the net for answers
if you shave you could have nicked yourself
Avatar n tn
Here is a Information and Medication that you can try to and this will work.  First you must clean the vagina area with an anti-bacteria soap.  Second you must let the vagina area dry completely.  I mean pat dry and the walk around and let it air dry. Next apply a Triple Antibiotic Ointment.  This ointment must contain these ingredients (Neomycin, and Polymyxin & Sulfates and that  Bactracin Zinc Ointment). I have never seen this kind of ointment over the counter.  I got this from the place I work for.  I is used on clients who has major sores.  You will feel comfort as soon as you do these things. I have tried this for myself. It heels with in a few days. Post your result as soon as you can. Yes I am a nurse.
I'm actually in the exact situation. Well, not in the fact that its bleeding a lot, but its kinda like a pimple, no puss, not an STD, just kinda sore, its not a boil, I've had a boil and I know what they look like. I'ts just kinda uncomfortable, and it makes me even more uncomfortable when i read all this crap on the internet about what it could be. It's frightening. Lol Good luck on your quest for answers.
I found a site that said this type of sore might be cancerous. She should biopsy it. Stupid doctor.
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
KTowne, and pb95 commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
pb95, and Des_a_rae commented on Risa615's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals