Brown Discharge
So since the last year, i have been having late or missed periods. for example i got my period in march n then didnt get one till may, then didnt get one till july. it seemed to be getting back to normal but then i missed it again in october and got it in november. i thought maybe it was because of stress and i am not even sexually active. however this month i was expecting it to come in february, but instead i only got small portions of brown discharge. again i am not sexually active so i dont understand the cause of this. Is it my old lining coming out? or is there a problem? i am not experiencing any pain or side effects of diseases. Please help! i would really like to understand of this cause.
Brown vaginal discharge is most often associated with old endometrial tissues. In other words, if your period is late you might get a brown, rather than red, discharge. It could also mean that for whatever reason during your last menses the entire uterine lining failed to make a timely exit. In some cases however there is cause for concern like  cervical cancer, pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), menopause, or sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea and  Chlamydia .You should consult a gynecologist who will physically examine the local area and may consider tests for diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello, thank you for your answer! The problem is I have had shots for cervical cancer that will prevent it. And for the sexually transmitted diseases i am not sexually active so I dont think that is an option. How can I tell if it's PID or menopause? And can menopause happen this early? I only 19.
Menopause can occur in age 40-55. Pelvic inflammatory disease is caused by viral, fungal, parasitic or most often bacterial infections. You need to go for blood test, urine test, histopathological examination and Ultrasound Pelvis. If the tests come positive, you have to undergo laproscopic diagnosis for confirmation.

After about a week and half of brown discharge n spotting, i finally got my period today. Is that a sign for something? or was it just lining from my ladt period?