Brown/bloody discharge
Has enyone had unusuall period or experience with brown/blood discharge instead of normal period? Usually I have short periods, but this one was very strange. One day brown discharge and a little bit of bright red-pinkish blood when urinate and on tolilet paper. The rest 2-3 days only brown spots and that's it.I am very concerned, I did couple of home-pregnancy tests-negative. Is this urgent, should I see doctor? Any help wpuld be much appreciated....
What you are experiencing is quite common and normal. The brown "discharge" you are having is probably just old blood from last months period that was not expelled. As blood ages, it turns brown. The first time it happens it can be a bit scary. Why they don't teach us this in school or why our mothers don't tell us is beyond me.
Because your uterus still had a build up of last months unexpelled blood, THIS month, there simply wasn't enough space and/or need for your body to build up even more. Hence you're expelling more of the brown left over blood and the smallish amount of this months fresh blood.
I don't know how old you are, but our periods often change, sometimes they do weird things and they do it without consulting us. Really rude, eh?
I don't think you have anything to worry about, but I am not a gyno and therefore would still recommend you bring this to his/her attention.
I don't like to ever tell people to Google symptoms, but it would be my guess that if you went to a very reliable web site like the Mayo Clinic and looked up "brown menstrual blood" or something like that, you would see that this is OK. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rules, like if you were GUSHING brown blood, but you're just having some light spotting, that is what mine was always like. If you Google and get spooked, call your doctor ASAP.
You're fine!
Promise
Peace
Greenlydia
Oooo...txanks for all the answers...I am almoust 35, been trying to get pregnant, so this was again false alrm...grrr....
Unforcunatelly I do not have my gyno, but I'll try to find one really god, once I went to see a specialist-it was actually fertility doctor, didn't do any testing-just recommended Hysteroscopyand Laparoscopy, I wasn't scared, just not enough money...
I was scared and confused-am I healthy enough to get pregnant, so...this time I thought there is a hope...but no worries-it's been 4 years, still nothing.
I was scared is that a sign of endometryosis or ovarian cysts...
Yes-the first thing should be a pelvic scanning and ultrasound, I assume and then..but I'll wait my next period, I wont panic anymore...
Thanks again-you've helped a lot...