Women's Health Community
Brown discharge and irregular periods
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Brown discharge and irregular periods

I'm 17 years old, and I've never had sex before. My periods are very irregular and they come pretty randomly, in fact, I usually only bleed a little and then the rest is brown. I have frequent itching and the discharge has an odor. It has been this way for quite sometime now. I'm not sure if this is an infection, and I've never been to a gynecologist before. I haven't talked to anybody about it, just because I'm not really sure how to approach it or anything. I think I might have a hormone problem because I was premature when I was born and that has seemed to cause many of my developing problems. I just need an idea of what is wrong with me.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
also, the discharge is sort of clumpy sometimes.
Blank
1268057_tn?1399131913
I would recommend seeing a GYN as soon as possible because of this issue with your periods and this discharge issue.  You NEED medical attention dear.  Have your parents take you.  

My guess.....the itching and clumpy, smelly discharge is a Yeast Infection.  
Blank
2030686_tn?1351692148
Please go see a dr, it sounds like you have a yeast infection.  It is normal for your period to be somewhat abnormal in the first two year, but at 17 I'm guessing it's been longer than that.  If you have something wrong with your girly parts, you need to know and get it fixed.  You don't want to jeopardize your fertility.

I had my first yeast infection at 17 and didn't know what it was.  When I finally did go to my mom, she asked me why I didn't say something sooner.  I would recommend not using scented anything "down there" as it has caused me many miserable yeast infections
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...