Brown discharge and irregular periods

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Brown discharge and irregular periods

I'm 17 years old, and I've never had sex before. My periods are very irregular and they come pretty randomly, in fact, I usually only bleed a little and then the rest is brown. I have frequent itching and the discharge has an odor. It has been this way for quite sometime now. I'm not sure if this is an infection, and I've never been to a gynecologist before. I haven't talked to anybody about it, just because I'm not really sure how to approach it or anything. I think I might have a hormone problem because I was premature when I was born and that has seemed to cause many of my developing problems. I just need an idea of what is wrong with me.
also, the discharge is sort of clumpy sometimes.
I would recommend seeing a GYN as soon as possible because of this issue with your periods and this discharge issue.  You NEED medical attention dear.  Have your parents take you.  

My guess.....the itching and clumpy, smelly discharge is a Yeast Infection.  
Please go see a dr, it sounds like you have a yeast infection.  It is normal for your period to be somewhat abnormal in the first two year, but at 17 I'm guessing it's been longer than that.  If you have something wrong with your girly parts, you need to know and get it fixed.  You don't want to jeopardize your fertility.

I had my first yeast infection at 17 and didn't know what it was.  When I finally did go to my mom, she asked me why I didn't say something sooner.  I would recommend not using scented anything "down there" as it has caused me many miserable yeast infections
pb95 Anyone hear from ribaby15? Comment
Shannon79, and specialmom commented on KeeLolo's status
Foam Rolling
16 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals