Brown spotting 3 days before period.

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Brown spotting 3 days before period.

My period is expected on friday, since yesterday I have brown spotting I never had that before what does it mean?
It doesn't mean much of anything. Sometimes women get their period early and it starts by spotting for a couple of days. It's nothing to be concerned about.

Not every period you will have over your lifetime will be exactly the same every month. It will be different sometimes. It's nothing to get worried about.
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your answer, I hope its not anything to be concerned about :)
I agree.  This is actually pretty common and harmless.  good luck
Avatar n tn
Im begining to be a bit worried because I have it since 3 days now and my period is expected on friday. At first it was dark brown and now its really light. Will that have an impact on my period or will it come as expected?
If it were me I'd just consider it an early period and not worry about it. I use a period tracking app, which I highly recommend to everyone to do, and I always count the first day of my period to be the first day that I have any kind of bleeding, whether it's spotting or more than that and regardless of what color it is. That's how I've always tracked it, by the first sign of any kind of bleeding, and I've never freaked out about starting the first couple of days as spotting. I mean like I never even gave it a second thought. I'm confused about why this normal kind of thing is so concerning for you.
Avatar n tn
Thank you  Chima for your second reply. I am only 17teen years old and Im not as experienced thats why i worry about things that never happened to me before expecially when it links in with my period. I will wait till friday and see but i hope that youre right and thats its nothing to be worried about :)
Sorry. I've had my period since I was 12 and I'm 41 now, so I've had all kinds of periods, and the only time I worried was if it didn't come at all or if it was really really heavy. But they didn't have period tracking apps, much less cell phones when I was a kid, so I had to track my period on my paper calendar. If you don't have a smart phone in order to download an app then keep a separate paper calendar to mark down when you start bleeding. I always either drew a star or bought the star stickers at the office supply store. Once you start tracking it, you'll be able to know when to expect it the next time, and you'll be able to better see right away if you're having any irregular cycles. Also, whenever you go to the gyne, the first question they will always ask is when was your last period and it helps to have it written down or else you will definitely forget.
Avatar n tn
I do track my period on this app "my cycles" thats why i said my expected period is on friday and since 3 days i have brown spotting and im not sure if it counts as period or not because its not proper period and it didnt start on the day it was supposed to start.
Well, for the purposes of my own tracking, I've always considered the first day of my period as being the very first day I have any kind of bleeding even if it's just spotting. And the last day being when I no longer have any kind of bleeding at all. That's how I've always tracked mine.
Avatar n tn
Ok but if the spotting doesnt contain blood at all is it still considered as a period? Thank you for your advice :)
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
12 mins ago
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
Belle313 staples out & going home to... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals