Bumps around pubic area...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bumps around pubic area...

i have a bump that is alittle darker than my skin color near my bikini line and it hurts... i squeezed it and a great amount of blood came out of it.. the bump is not huge but its not small either.. i think its an ingrown hair but im not sure...

help?
I'm sure its just an ingrown hair. I get them all the time after I shave or wax and the hair starts to grow back. Sometimes they even have a little white head, but you can put some rubbing alcohol on it to dry it up and the hair should come out soon.
Sounds like ingrow hairs to me also.  Another reason why I stopped shaving in that area.  They sell a cream for that I just don't know the name I'm sorry.
Ringuser>> If you think of the name, please post it since I know that a LOT of women come here with the same problems and it could be very useful info.

It sounds like an ingrown hair to me as well but if it persists, see a Dermatologist for a diagnosis. You can also try HOT compresses to ease the pain and pressure and it can also help to aid in draining it too. Don't be surprised if it comes back and recurs. They are little boogers that haunt you sometimes. You can also put Neosporin on it (externally) to hep the healing process and to get rid of the infection.
--J
i think i have an ingrown hair too. it is at the bottom of one of my  vag. lips and it is like really swollen or inflamed like 2x its normal size. here lately i guess it popped and it has been bleeding.ever since then it has been an almost unbearable pain.should i try the neosporin or should i go see a doctor?
i think i have an ingrown hair too but im not sure cuz it always comes out in that same spot more often like every 2 r 3 yrs. and is one bump. my questions is,

is it normal for an ingrown hair to come out more often?