Women's Health Community
Can a Yeast infection spread to the anus?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can a Yeast infection spread to the anus?

I recently been diagnosed with a yeast infection and i am currently using a cream to treat it: Miconazole 7. This morning i started to feel a bit itchy and my rectum started to feel a little burning sensation after going to the bathrrom. I was thinking maybe its spreading because i was told to wipe from front to back. To treat it do you think it will be ok to use the cream to put some around rectum area?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
By the way a yeast infection can go away right?
Blank
1194973_tn?1385507504
I've heard people say it's possible, but I've never personally talked to anyone who has had one. I would call your doctor and see what they say about it and what you can do. I know when I had my yeast infection I just took a pill once a day for 3 days and it went away.
Blank
i've had many and yes they do go away. I've never had it spread to my rectum, but i would think that it is possible. a yeast infections occurs when the bad bactria in your body over produces and out numbers the good bactria. the reason they say wipe from front to back is so you're not getting fecal matter in your vagina. All these good and bad bactria live in your intesine and they are needed in order for your body to function and digest food properly...so yes i think its possible that it could have spread to your rectum since the bad bactria is in the rectum
Blank
so if it can spread to the rectum, what do i do about it?? and what would happen if i leave it untreated?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...