Can a Yeast infection spread to the anus?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I recently been diagnosed with a yeast infection and i am currently using a cream to treat it: Miconazole 7. This morning i started to feel a bit itchy and my rectum started to feel a little burning sensation after going to the bathrrom. I was thinking maybe its spreading because i was told to wipe from front to back. To treat it do you think it will be ok to use the cream to put some around rectum area?
By the way a yeast infection can go away right?
I've heard people say it's possible, but I've never personally talked to anyone who has had one. I would call your doctor and see what they say about it and what you can do. I know when I had my yeast infection I just took a pill once a day for 3 days and it went away.
i've had many and yes they do go away. I've never had it spread to my rectum, but i would think that it is possible. a yeast infections occurs when the bad bactria in your body over produces and out numbers the good bactria. the reason they say wipe from front to back is so you're not getting fecal matter in your vagina. All these good and bad bactria live in your intesine and they are needed in order for your body to function and digest food properly...so yes i think its possible that it could have spread to your rectum since the bad bactria is in the rectum
so if it can spread to the rectum, what do i do about it?? and what would happen if i leave it untreated?