Can constipation delay my period?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Can constipation delay my period?

My period was due today (23/01/2011) but over the last week I have been having cramps, constipation and dirreah. I have been tired, emotional and feeling just off. My period has not arrived yet and I dont feel like it is on its way. My cycles are not regular but are usually early not late. I am also not on the pill and my boyfriend and I use condoms.

Is there still a chance I could be pregnant or could the constipation and dirreah cause it to be delayed?
Tags: Period
there is a chance that you just have a bug or something and thats whats delaying your period, but to be sure and rule it out i would take a pregnancy and test and go see your doctor of you dont start feeling better. you dont want to be taking pills to make you feel better incase youre pregnant and harm the baby so i would rule out pregnancy first :)
Thank you, still not period yet so I am going to try and get a pregnancy test today.
First Response or Clear Blue would be best.
But even if they comeback negative & still not period when you go to the doctor you might wanna ask for a blood test just to be safe.
Good luck
Thank you hisgirlforever
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
KTowne, and pb95 commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
pb95, and Des_a_rae commented on Risa615's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals