Can diarrhea be a sign of going into labor soon?
I am 8 mo's, 3cm, and the doc just told me today that the head is down. He predicts that I will have my baby within the next week or two... I posted a question earlier about not being hydrated enough because I was having diarrhea, but I am begining to think it may be something else since I have been drinking TONS of fluids. My grandmother told me that alot of women can be induced by laxatives, which i am not taking but might as well be! I have had diarrhea 4 times already today and I was wondering if it could mean that I am going into labor or about to very soon?????? I keep forgetting to mention to my doc about this, especailly because I just thought I was dehydrated.

I want to have this baby! what do you guys think?????
hi yes it could however it dosent usually go on for a few days or week ect it usually happens a day or hours befor you go into labour if you have had it a while ot is probly something else did you ask your doctor.
Well, that was a huge sign for me! I had it for several days, 2 or 3 times a day before my contractions started. You may be well on your way...best of luck to you!!
Yeah like sailors wife said are u 8 months? Are you having twins or something? 3cm dilated already and ur dr is ok? Maybe we're missing something here. Or does 36 weeks work out as 8 months! I get muddled up . Anyway seems the dr is ok with whats happening, and if ur 3cm already and diaherria then could be a sign. I have read that the body starts naturally doing this (forget why) I didnt have this personally, but I Do remember with my eldest I went into labour naturally and didnt need the loo, but when I was induced I kept needing to go so maybe this is a good thing!

Let us know how u are if u can! all the best! and remember BREATHE! hehe