Can i still be pregnant even though test negative

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-250 comments:
Having a similar situation I last had my period on10/23, it is now Dec. and I still have not gotten my period. My periods are normally every 29 days like clockwork, however for the month of September I my cycle was 34 days and when it came in October is was 35 days and now November it is totally MIA. I went to the doctors for my yearly physical where I mentioned my concerns and the fact that I was trying to conceive, therefore he ran a battery of blood test, excluding a pregnancy test to make sure there was no reason for my period to be irregular. Everything came back normal. He even tested my LH and FSH levels to ensure I was not perimenopausal. I have taken 2 pregnancy test which has both come nack negative. I do not have any symptoms except I am a little more tired than usual and have been using the bathroom a little more often. I go for my yearly GYN visit next week. Is it possible I can be pregnant? I am stressing as I had a miscarriage about two years ago and have been trying since then.
Hi Every One Im New Too This,

Um My Period Is 7 days Late And ii Took 3 Pregnancy Test and That All Came Back Negative Could ii Still Be Pregnant?
Just read all through these.my last period was 5th nov and was due on the 3rd dec ,and now im 3 days late.took pregnacy tests all which are neg.am i taking them too soon ,i have had 5 kids believe it or not ,but never experinced this before.i have back ache and nausea,some one please help.i also noticed by reading that these preg tests dont always work and i used the pound ones .is it better to try more expensive ones
everyone..i think yes it is possible to be pregnant even if the test comes out negative. my cousin was 9 days late and the test came out neg. then she took another one a few days later,and it came back positive. so u never know!
I am really confused could anybody
Help me??... I'm over two weeks late on my period.. I'm having lOts of White/clear discharge... Also my boobs are very very sore to the point where I can not lay on my tummy... I have had odd twinges and cramps..... But very strange all three test are negative.... Iv been off the pill for four month and been having unprotected sex ever since I came off the pill.... Also iv been waking up feeling really groggy and tired and eating alot lot more than usual .... Any answer? Xsammyx
Can I be pregnant even though I took a pregnancy test and it was negative... I feel movement in my stomach, crams and my boobs are getting hard... My husband and I have been trying for almost year...  I have taken a blood pregnancy test too and it was negative too... I think it's just in my head.... That I am pregnant because I really want to be pregnant... Has this ever happen to anybody as well...?
you have to check your  prolactin levels, if your prolactin is even slightly hight it can cause kind of pregnancy symptoms.

Tati
o.k. so i missed my pd about 32 months ago and took a test to be safe, it came back neg. this last month i had what i thaught was implantation bleeding because it only lasted an hour. 2 days later i started my pd. i had a friend that bled through-out her whole pregnancy. is this normal and should i go to the doctor because i have taken more than 5 home pregnancy tests- all neg and i am showing 95% of pregnancy symptoms any ideas on what to do?
i meant to say three months ago
You dont get that line on my stomach until your late 2nd or 3rd trimester.
on your** stomache
Im the same I'm 9 days late took a test I'm not but my breast are sore I get headaches I use the restroom like every 10 mins & I sleep most of the day I crave salty things I drink more water then I eat can I be pergo?
U should of come on 18th if last period 21st u count up 3 days I'm 10 days late no pos test yet I'm having symptoms and have 2 boys already so recognise the symptoms so little confused too
Im going through the same thing, but my period did come after being about two weeks late. I feel pregnant. Im moody, i have headaches everyday for about a week now, Im so hot all the time even in a cold water shower, i have nausea, Im tried easy,I have a child and  I feel the same way as I did when I was pregnant, that strong weird feeling in your gat and all the other symtoms (symptoms) im feeling. I took two pregnancy test at home and one at the docs all came out negative. I've been strees, but to feel the same symtoms (symptoms) from my first pregnancy makes me think that I'am pregnant. Im going to make an appt for a blood test. If anyone else has gone through the same thing and found out what was wrong, I would very much like to read your story. Thank you for ready. And remember know matter how alone you may feel you are not the only one going through what your feeling, thinking and doing.
Is their anyone Else who feels weird movements, my boyfriend and I felt movements may be its gas but I feel so weird. Im going through the same thing but my period came late by two weeks. I feel pregnant. If anyone has gone thourgh pregnancy before the symtoms (symptoms) can be very strong at times with some people, I knew I was pregnant the first time its that nausea, butterfly, nerves feeling in your gat that I felt, I just knew. I kind of feel the same way but three pregnancy test came out negative, Im confused I have pregnancy symtoms (symptoms) and I felt movement. Has anyone eles have gone through the same or just about the same thing and found out what is going on? If so what did you go thourgh at the docs and what was wrong? Thank you........
What info can you gave me about a blood pregnancy test. Does medicaid pay, do i pay if so how much. And how long does it take for the results to come in. Any info would help. Thank you for your time.
I'm in this position right now. I had my period but it was really light and really short, like spotting basically. The day before the spotting began (spotting started at 4am) around 8pm I had a pain on my left side towards my uterus. So I called my gynecologist and she said wait a week and take a home pregnancy test. By then I was having a minor headache, I was super tired, and I felt sick around noon everyday. Now here it is and I'm still having signs and I took the test Thursday, and it was negative. Today's Monday so I took one this morning... again negative .. btw before I ask for help, let me put this out there.. I'M FOURTEEN .... I am mature, used to being around babies, I have money coming in (150 in 3 days) ... any advice please? I need help as soon as possible. I'm nervous .. ):
I am eleven days late and I have taken two urine pregnancy tests that have come out negative. I've never been more than 1 or 2 days off. I keep track of all of my periods. I am not unusually stressed, ill or have gained or lost a lot of weight. I have no idea what to do. I can't really afford to go to a doctor right now especially if I am not pregnant. Someone help please!
Can I be pregnant even if sometimes my period aint normal sometimes idont get it one month or not on the same day but I been feeling discussed a lot like throwing up or when I eat I sometime feel that way  ive taken a pregnancy test but came out neggative is it possible I could be ?
I am in the same boat as alot of you ladies. I am 3 months late. I have all the pregnancy symptoms, took 2 home pregnancy tests and 1 test at the health department and all came back negative. I have a 18 month old daughter. It took 2 months to find out i was pregnant with her because the pregnacy tests kept coming back negative. It finally showed positive after 2 months of negative test results. I wonder if this is going to be the same way or is it something else wrong with me.
well i know went to the hospital the nurse  thier said to come back next thursday  i misse my pedrod i was 23 of this month it is know the 26 so i took two home pregent test both negetive dont know any one what this might be my breast do hurt my feet feel very sollen and my back huert and my stomick never felt this way before
I am in pretty much the same situation. What ended up happening, were you pregnant?
Im late i was possed to git my period anywhere from sep13-17  n its the 27 so round 14days late give or take a few days..ive been streessin on when its goina git here..i took two home pts n went to docter n took one all three were neg. Can i still b prego? O yea for a week or so i felt like i was goina start but when i checked it was clear discharge..n i had mild crampin but it went away..i always have regular periods.. I dont think i have anysymptoms..no sore boobs.no mornin sickness..idk but lately i been wantin brisk iced tea everyday..n shouldnt i have n idea of wats its like to b prego caz i was 4months prego almost 5months ago but i had a miscariage..so shouldnt i kinda know wat to expect?? Mayb im hopin im prego..n thats y it hasnt came?? I wanna git blood work done but i called n i told them the situation n they said i should git another urine done.but i dont want that..i wanna know pretty bad n a blood test would confirm it..does anyone think that me havin a miscariage almost 5months ago could effect anything like that?? PLEASE ANYONE W ADVICE OR KNOWLEDGE FILL ME N..COMMENTS OR ANYTHING HELPS!!!
MY LAST PERIOD WAS ON JULY 21ST, 2013 IT LASTED FOR 5 DAYS-I TOOK 2 DOLLAR TREE TESTS BOTH CAME OUT POSITIVE-TOOK 7 MORE MIDSTREAM TESTS ALL CAME BACK NEGATIVE AND AN E.P.T. TEST IT CAME BACK NEGATIVE-SO, I WENT AND TOOK A BLOOD TEST AND IT CAME BACK NEGATIVE.COULD ALL THE OTHER TESTS BE WRONG? MY BREASTS ARE SWOLLEN,A LITTLE BIT OF NAUSEA WITHOUT THROWING UP,SENSITIVE NIPPLES,SWOLLEN STOMACH,MY BACK HURTS,AND TIRED ALL THE TIME.I RECENTLY PURCHASED A FETAL DOPPLER AND WHERE I FELT LIKE SOMETHING WAS MOVING IN MY STOMACH I RAN IT OVER THE SPOT AND THE HEARTBEAT CAME UP AND IT READ 146-WHAT CAN IT BE? JUST FOR MY SANITY I WOULD LOVE FOR MY DR. TO TAKE A SONOGRAM BUT,IT HAS TO COME OUT POSITIVE AT THE OFFICE SO,THEY'LL GO AHEAD AND DO 1-HAS EVERYONE ELSE EVER BEEN IN THE SAME BOAT? I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SO, I CAN HAVE A HEALTHY BABY IF THERE IS 1 INSIDE BY CHANCE.WHAT COULD IT BE?
I missed my period last month on the 1st And its the first today. Still no period or no signs of pregnancy . 2 Month no period am i pregnant or can it be Another reason ? If so , iM 17 do you think i should have it ?????
im on the pill loestrin 20 but three weeks ago was on strong antibiotics for kidney infection now im 5 days late for my period and feel sick dizzy headaches etc but done 4 hpt and all neg i dont no wot to fink i got 4 kuds so i no im feeling pregnant
I'm five days late. I'm on birth control and take them regularly. My bf came inside of me twice and I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative. Should I begin the pill on Friday like usual even if I haven't started? I don't feel different and it'd be extremely unlikely to be preggo, right?
YES, you CAN be pregnant and STILL do a pregnancy test and it come back saying NEGATIVE. The pregnancy hormones (that is if you are pregnant) may not be strong enough or you could simply have tested too early or you may not be pregnant at all. BUT the only SURE way to know is if you go to a doctor, request a blood test, as well as let your nurse or doctor (or both for safe measures lol) know any sort of symptoms you are having (if any). Blood tests are the most accurate way of knowing. & if there is even a chance you are pregnant, you really do need to make an appointment for your doctor because the sooner you know the better, and the more confident you can be/feel about your baby's health and correct development. All expecting mothers know that you worry about every little thing that is going on with your body and are nervous throughout the whole 9 months of your pregnancy about your baby even if the doctor assures you that everything is going good with the baby, you STILL WORRY. That is a motherly instinct that you just cant help. So like I said, the sooner you find out, the quicker you can start taking prenatal vitamins, get healthy, change anything bad in your diet, etc.... So my answer is yes, you can be pregnant and fail at home pregnancy test, go to your doctor and get the blood test done. Please! For YOU and your peace of mind and possibly your unborn child! :) Good luck to you all.  
Hi can anyone help!  After reading all of the recent messages on here i feel a little overwhelmed.

I came off the pill in August after my initial bleed I then went on to have my normal period 25 days later on the 7 th October which lasted a full 6 days.  If i keep to the same 25 days this would make me 10 days late with no sign of a period.

I have a horrible metallic taste in my mouth, nauseated, lower minor stomach cramps, sever dislike of once loved foods and sore nipples.

I feel pregnant but i took a test at 4 days and a test at 9 days both negative.  My partner says I'm crazy and to look at the scientific evidence which tells me I'm not pregnant, but i just feel like i am.  Any advice gratefully received.

Hi i had my last period in Sep 10 .. and had dark brown spotting on Oct 15 lasting for 3 days. and i checked for home pregnancy test... but i was negative for two times... this nov 8 i had pink or red spottings for 3 days with a metallic smell.. but very light flow . I got confused whether it is implantation bleeding or mensus... i had vomiting , nauseating, in these days.. just please clarify me whether im pregnant or it is irregular mensus ... pls... pls
Im a week and a day late on my period im usually regular when it comes to my period i been really nauseous lately im tired all the time one of my breast is getting bigger i tested today and it came back negative.  HELP i would really love to give my husband the baby he wants
Ok i have been haven unprotected sex oneday after having sex had pain just on left side almost like cramps. But then it permanently went away after 2 days. Now its light brown discharge no smell to it. My period suppose have came this month still kind of waiting for it i took a test it said negative. I have not had breast tenderness but dizzyness tiered n feeling hot i called a pregnancty hotline n the lady told me i could have took it to early i should have waited until 17 days after sex and i didnt i was so curious to know. N she said i could just wait until this month is over to see if my period will come or not. I already have a one year old daughter but i have never had brown discharge even before a regular period i dont know i wish it didnt take so long to know what yall think
Ok so I need help...so 4 days ago I was spotting well there wasn't much and my boyfriend and I wanted to do it so we did it and ever since we did it there's no more spotting and I still haven't go my period but my period isn't due until around the 28th what should I do or what do you think it means? Please help
I know this is old, but I am a 15 year old girl soon to be 16. My ex and I had unprotected sex on the 1 of November, he kept saying he had to *** and asked if he could inside me. He says he didn't but exactly a week later on the 8 of november I started to spot which lastest about 4 days then my fifth day it was an extremely light period, and it stopped. I went to my school nurse and took two tests which both came out negative. But my stomach has gotten harder I'm constantly tired, feel sick but I can't throw up, I never feel as if I'm hungry but when I do eat it feels like I can keep.on eating (for the most) and I'm having a think milky white discharge and its sticky. I would be 3W3D today if I could have any help that would be extremely helpful thankyou
Ive missed my period for 17 days. And i thought i was pregnant. But lastnight my boyfriend & i had sex and this morning i woke up bleeding. What should i do?
Well ladies i had an abnormal period Oct 10-13 and Nov 6th i came on that morning and the 7th i had a period that whole day i was off on the 8th came back on on the 9th and went back off the same day then a week in a half later witch is today Nov 30 later on tonight im back on what does that possibly mean?
Well ladies i had an abnormal period Oct 10-13it was brown and Nov 6th i came on that morning and the 7th i had a period that whole day i was off on the 8th came back on on the 9th and went back off the same day then a week in a half later witch is today Nov 30 later on tonight im back on what does that possibly mean?
I had unprotected sex in early September we both did.not finish. I have slight symptoms since sore breast, nausea, lower abdominal is harder then usual. I've taken over 15 prego test and been to the gyno they did a urine came back negative they said don't worry your not pre go. But I'm still.scared should I be? Or just stop worrying BC its negative?
Yes. I'm 2 months late on my cycle and took a pregnancy test about 2 or 3 weeks ago and they were negative. I'm not sleeping regularly, my breasts are slightly tender but not much, and I'm always hungry, I also have weird cramping randomly but not regular cramps or come at the same times. I have no idea what to do! Should I go get a blood test?
Hi i'm Lucy and I have the exact problem same day same everything!!! did you ever find out???? please tell me, thank you!!
hi my names dache i would like to kno wat happen did u have a baby ..cuz im in the same boat
I am 6 days late including the day my period was due I have taken 3 hpt, 2 have faint pink lines I the result windows... I'm worried that it should be darker by now. I had a miscarraige (miscarriage) in sept and I'm putting off going to the dr as I am scared of any bad news.... Want to know for sure before I go and get blood test....
I am 31 overweight and have not had my period for 52 days I have took three pregnancy test all negative and I have no idea what to do I am scared because I'm afraid there is something else wrong if anyone could help ease my mind on what I should do I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
My period was supposed to start on Monday February 3rd. Yesterday morning at around 6 am I started but it was brown with no clotting and around 9pm I noticed it was barely anything and now I have a few brown spots on my pad. I have taken 5 hpts and all negative and a blood test came back negative. I have had pregnancy syptoms (symptoms) for about a week and a half. I called my doctors office on thursday and told them my symptoms and they said since blood test is negative then im not and i must have an infection so now i am on antibiotics (day 2) and I still have all my symptoms and period has not restarted or the flow has not picked up. half my family says Im pregnant and others say im not idk what to do I will be 21 in 2 months. I need advice.
I'm 16 years old... i had sex on February 6th so its been 18 days... im on the depo shot but Ive been having headaches and been peeing way more then usually Ive also been eating way more then usually and my uterus has been tight and ive had cramps and lot of sharp pains down my sides and a tender stomach but i havent had the tender boobs im so confused ive took 2 home pregnancy tests and went to pregnancy center and got a pregnancy tests all 3 came back negative could i be pregnant? someone please help me out  
I am having the same thing you are. I am 18, and I am on the depo shot. I am always tired, I am eating more, and my belly is growing, and it is harder then normal. I don't have a period, but I do have some cramps in my stomach here and there, and my feet constantly hurt. I have took 3 tests, and they all came back negative.
hi there i have a daughter that looked really pregnant and i took her to get a test done but was negative than i took her to get a blood test done its still negative. she is a size 8 with a huge tummy shape size like a two month pregnant lady. anyone have this problem, or know what maybe happening please thanks.
Hi there.  Well, I'm not sure jess.  There could be other reasons for a bloated belly.  I think it is reasonable to take her back to the doctor and ask for an ultrasound.  What if she has a cyst or tumor?  

Young girls often don't get much of a belly early on in pregnancy during the first trimester.  I know that when I had my first child (in my 30's even), I didn't show until I was 16 weeks (MISS those tight stomach muscles!).  So, she could even be farther along than two months and that would explain why she'd have lower HCG levels.  

But that is really rare.  You hear of an occasional false negative urine home test but not too often that a pregnancy is missed when someone sees an actual doctor.  But never say never.   So, I'd want to know why she is so bloated.  And I'd go back to the doctor to determine this.  May turn out that she is indeed pregnant or you may find out there is something else going on.

By the way, does she have any recollection of when she was having unprotected sex?  That helps for gathering information about whether she is pregnant or not and how far along she'd be.  

good luck and come back and tell us what happened!
hi there she has unprotected sex everyday, so she says, but i will get her checked at the doctors to see whats going on i think ultrasound is the next best thing.
Viewing 201-250 comments: