Chest and rib pain

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Chest and rib pain

I am only 15, but I've been having these pains for a good year. I get really uncomfortable aches in both sides on my ribs towards the upper part. It often times feels like people are poking pencils in between my ribs. When I take a deep breath my chest hurts really bad. The same kind of pain with my ribs. It happens every once and a while. Most of the time it happens when I sit for long periods of time or just random occasions where there's no apparent reason for them. I usually have to leave school and take medicine and lay down until they subside. They last for a few hours and then disappear. Does anybody know what this could be?
I remember I had pain along the lower edges of my ribs when I was around 12.  I think it was a sort of growing pains.  It was tenderness along the bottom edge of my rib cage.  
Acid reflux! Quite common, especially in women. I was around your age when I started getting it. (I'm 19 now) Stay away from fatty and spicy foods. Don't lie down within two hours of eating. Drink more water, and sleeping with you mattress raised using blocks underneath it. Good luck!
I have an inflammatory problem. Not saying that you have the same issue but I use to get pains like that all the time!  The first time this happened to me every time I tried breathing the sharp pain/tightness in my chest would increase to the point when I thought I couldn't breath. This happened in the 6rh grade.  after taking me to the ER turns out the lining/sac around my lungs were inflamed. This happens on and off over the yrs. and varies from my lungs to ribs...etc.
Hollus commented on photo
Hollus commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals