Constant bleeding, pain in lower left side (had tubal)

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am 36, mother of three.  I had a tubal ligation after the birth of my second child, only to get pregnant almost three years later.  My baby is 3
Avatar n tn
Your doctor may want to do an endometrial biopsy or a D&C to see what your endometrium is like.  They can sometimes determine if a hormonal imbalance is causing the bleeding that way, by examining the endometrial tissue.  It could also be an overgrowth or other abnormality of the endometrium that is causing the bleeding.  

If no cause for the dysfunctional uterine bleeding is ascertained and you are finished having children (you had your tubes tied, so I'm assuming you are) you might want to inquire about an endometrial ablation.  I recently had one for heavy periods, and I'm ecstatic with the results so far.  This will not work with some types of endometrial conditions, that's why I mentioned the biopsy or D&C to see if there is any info to be gained by that.  The drawback is that after a period of time (over the years), you may begin to get your period back.  At which time you can have the procedure done again if you desire.  It is a simple outpatient procedure.
Avatar n tn
Thanks very much for your reply...  I'm going to have the ultrasound done in two weeks and if they say everything is okay I will mention what you said.  It is so frustrating.  I had my tubes tied for a reason, yes I did not want any more children.  That said, we have our little princess which is a good thing.  But now I am so frustrated, been married for 12 years, and I'm still messing around with BC although my husband is fixed now too.  It just doesn't seem right and I just to have some relieve from having my period, it seems ALL the time.

Thanks again, I appreciate the feedback ;-)
Avatar n tn
Just a suggestion, if your DH is 'fixed' maybe you could get ut tubes undone? Im guessing from what u said this started when u had this done? or its always been this way? Maybe you could try and get seen as an emergency say the pain is getting worse? I know its not always good to lie but sometimes its the only way to get things done if u really cant wait. Or try talking to your dr and get them to refer u as emergency say its worrying u alot, and enphasis mental health is as important as physical, I think drs forget that sometimes!

All the best I hope you get things sorted out soon,
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
aiyanas_momma commented on photo
Sep 25
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals