Could I be pregnant?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Could I be pregnant?

I am wondering if it is possible to know you're pregnant within a week or so of having intercourse? It's been over a week now since having sex. My boyfriend did use a condom. However, I cannot depend on my period to know for sure if I am or not. My periods have been messed up for a long time now. Frankly, I have been on birth control but I had to stop getting them because I don't have insurance and they became too expensive. In the past week or so I have not felt myself, I have felt very different. It's very hard to describe. I have had mood swings, cravings, headaches, sensitivity, and fatigue. I know those are general symptoms. But is there a possibility that I could be pregnant? Is it too soon for implantation?

Any help would be appreciated! I apologize for the length of this!
You need to wait atleast two weeks the egg has to come down and attach to your uterine wall. This can take several days. Then after the implantation it takes a few more days for your hcg level to get high enough for the home pregnancy test to detect. It could be hormone changes or you could be pregnant. If you are not pregnant you should go to your local health department and you can get birth control pills at a low cost.
Planned Parenthood, if available where you are, will also help provide birth control to those in need.
Thank you!
Thank you very much!
Thank you so much!
AnnieBrooke busy, busy, busy Comment
AnnieBrooke commented on Cindy's status
MH Community Mgr uploaded new photos
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals