D
Does anyone know how long after a D&C before you get a period??
I recently had a misscarriage and I am amazed at the number of people that said it shouldnt be a big deal because I already have 4.  A baby is a baby whether you have none or 10.  I have been blessed with 4 daughters ages 20, 17, 14, and 3...You would actually think that the chance of having another girl would disuade me BUT....I really would like to have that boy. I am fast approaching 40 (11 months to go) and really dont want to wait to much longer to try again. But the doctor has asked me to wait until after my first period.  Also after having 4 girls are my chances still 50/50 of having a boy.  Or should I maybe just give up hope.  Anyone got any myths on how to get that male???  LOL
My sister had 3 boys before she finally got that girl, then had another boy after that. It is actually up to the "dad" to make the boy.. I am sure at this point you'd try just about anything so I will tell you that I heard if you do it standing up, a boy is more likely. I have no idea if this "wives tale" is true, but it can't hurt.. well unless you have a bad back.LOL
As for the miscarriage, I am so sorry. I myself have 5 beautiful children. 3 girls and 2 boys ages 9 to 16. If I were to become pregnant and lost it, I would be devastated. For people to tell you that it shouldn't be a big deal since you already have children is just insane, not to mention heartless. A loss is a loss. A child is a child! Don't listen to them. Don't feel guilty for grieving your loss. You have every right and I would think it would be strange if someone wasn't sad to lose any child, no matter how many they have.
You should listen to your doc as far as conceiving after you have had a cycle. This will give your body time to recover and become healthy again to carry a baby to term. Anything it takes to insure you don't suffer another loss.
Good luck to you. I have my fingers crossed that you get pregnant soon with a bouncing baby BOY!!
I think everyone's body is different, but after my D&C in Feb, it took 5 weeks before AF arrived. So sorry for your loss, but don't give up hope.
There's a saying..."A Mother wants and loves all her babies"...
I know it sounds stupid but......when your done, stand on your head.  Male sperm swim quicker and somehow it helps. I had 3 girls then two boys via this "old wives tale"