Did you have a period and not know you were pregnant?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Has anybody been on there period and not realised they were pregnant but had symptoms?

I have been having a lot of symptoms, came on my period on time but lasted 4 days when it  normally lasts 5-6.  and then a few days after was having some very light brown discharge and now im having a lot of white (creamy) discharge.

It would be nice to hear if anybody else has been in this situation.  I feel so different lately and its not like me!

Thank you x
well nattie have you taken a test? having your period a day shorter is not a reason to assume pg. what are your symptoms? there could be other reasons you are feeling this way, that your period was shorter, and maybe your white discharge is a "normal" discharge for this time of the month or you could have an infection. some women do have bleeding when they are pg (its not a period though). nobody can tell you over the internet if you are pg, the smart thing to do is take a test if you really think you are. or call your dr. maybe you have an ovarian cyst. there are lots of possiblities. and dont have sex without a form of birth control so you dont have to worry about this again.
Avatar n tn
No - I have not, nor has anyone I know. It sounds like you had your period and had a normal variance. All early pregnancy symptoms are interchangeable with menstrual symptoms.
Avatar n tn
though it's rare it can happen. my mother had a normal period for 4 months before she found out she was pregnant for my brother. ( i know alot of people seem to think that it's down right impossible, but true!) she went to the doctor because smells started making her so sick to her stomach and sure enough she was.

just a couple years ago it happened to my sister -in-law too. she had a "normal" period, but had symptoms. the home pregnancy tests even showed up negative. she eventually went to the doctor and they did an ultrasound and found out she was 5 months pregnant.

without a doubt these cases are extremely RARE!!! and more than likely it was just a weird period or a cyst, like what was mentioned. but make sure you talk the tests or go to the doctor just to be sure.  God Bless!!!!
its not a period if you are pg. its just bleeding. a period sheds the uterine lining. but that really doesnt matter in this case, i just thought id share.
Avatar n tn
I think way to many people believe doctors and what they read in medical books and assume it's 100% fact. not realizing some people just don't seem to fit inside that perfect little box. isn't this site testimony enough to prove not everything is as it seems? though it may not be labeled as a "period" it happened to come once a month, with the same length, consistency, and flow as a normal period.  my sister-in-law never even got a positive on a blood pregnancy test until about 7 months. the hcg wasn't even showing up, and she delivered a healthy baby boy. I believe ANYTHING is possible. this was not wrote to offend only to share my information. :)
Avatar n tn
Thanks for the information guys.  Its only cos i had been feeling really sick and extremely exhausted and dizzy and am still getting period pains in my legs. But taken a couple of tests but came up negative. i was just wondering if anyone could of told me there storie if they had been in that situation. Thanks for the advice. xx
Avatar n tn
hi i had this feeling and i was taken in to hospital for suspected pendicits and then i found out i was 12 weeks preg. now im 23 weeks and im loving it.
Avatar n tn
i had unprotected sex on the last day of my period could i be preganant i been trying really hard
Avatar n tn
HI CAN SUM1 PLEASE TELL ME IF IM PREGNANT OR NOT?
I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX IN AUGUST AND MY PERIOD CAME 1WEEK EARLY BUT DIDNT LAST LONG SO I DIDNT THINK I WAS PREGNANT, THEN NO PERIOD CAME IN SEPETMEBER AND WERE NOW IN OCTOBER AND IV HAD EVERY PREGNANCY SYMTON ASWELL!!!
TOOK A PREG TEST AND IT CAME BAK NEGATIV!? IM FEELING VERY BLOATED,SIK, AND GONE OFF MY FAVORITE FOODS AND SMELLS ARE MAKEING ME VOMIT! ANY ANSAWS 2 THAT?
Avatar n tn
What if you feel pregnant, look pregnant, and have discharge that dries up could this be a sign. I have had an abnormal period, usually regular. Tested negative 5 times, finanlly convinced dostor to do a bllod test. waiting on results what do you think
ME AND MY BOYFRIEND HAD UNPROTECTED SEX AT THE BEGININNG OF NOV.I HAD A PERIOD IN DECEMEBER AND ITS NOW JAN AND MY PERIOD USUALLY COMES ON THE 5TH AND I HAVENT SEEN IT YET AND I HAVE A FEW PREGNACY SIGNS COULD I BE PREGNANT?
Ok, Here's my deal for those that want to read. I have had regular periods up until about 7 months ago. At the end of June...(7 mos ago) I had light spotting in between my periods that lasted 3 days and went away which is what I thought may have been implantation. Waited, period didn't come...Did a test...Negative. Period ended up comming 2 weeks late. Then the months after that, I got a what I thought was a regular period, but then in Sep. I didn't get one at all...Then early oct. It came. I have been getting periods like clock work since early oct. on the 7th of each month. Now this month (February) I am a week late. On top of all this, I have gained 10 pounds, all in my waist line and stomach...(I'm small and thats not like me...I look pregnant) and Have been having headaches, lower back pain and moving sensations in my stomach. I even feel small nudges from the inside like someone pokes me from the inside out...But Still, I test Negative. I tried to tell the Doc to give me a blood test but since the urine is comming back negative they wont do it. I'm scared and don't want to be on that msn channel giving birth to a baby I didn't know about. What should I do????
I AM ALSO IN THIS TYPE OF SITUATION...I BELIEVE I CAN BE 22 WEEKS PREGNANT BUT I HAVE BEEN GETTING NEGATIVE PREGNANCY TEST. SO I STOPPED DOING THEM.. MY STOMACH HAS BEEN GETTING BIGGER BUT NO WEIGHT GAIN. I GET THESE LITTLE FLUTTERS AND IM SURE IT ISNT GAS. VERY CONFUSING!! BUT I HAVE BEEN SCARED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR BECAUSE OF MY AGE {17}.. I THINK I CAN BE IN BETWEEN 22WEEKS AND 3 WEEKS .. I ALWAYS HAD REGULAR PERIODS BUT WHEN I 1ST SUSPECTED I WAS PREGNANT MY PERIOD DIDNT COME ON UNTIL ABOUT 3 WEEKS LATER. THEN FORM THEN ON I HAVE BEEN HAVING IRREGULAR PERIOD? I NEED HELP ALSO.. IF ANYONE HAVE ANSWERS "WRITE ME"
OO I FORGOT 2 MENTION I HAVE {frequent urination eat more feeling of flutters headaches backaches andmood swings}
There are ppl that are pg an still have period its rear but I did an I know alot of other people I took a test an it said I wasnt a month later I passrd out woke up an the doctor said I was preg. Damn test
My mother had periods through out her whole pregnancy with one of my sisters and didnt know she was pregnant until she started showing. So it can happen, No its not impossible no matter what anyone says.
The best thing to do is take a test.
hushush commented on HIV - Risks vs Non-Ri...
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
TTC2006 commented on photo
Jun 25
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals