Difference:pms and pregnancy symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-277 comments:
Woke up this morning at 4 am from cramps.  Took an hpt and it was positive!  Took another at 8am and got the same result.  Will confirm with the doctor soon, but this is exciting. I just hope the cramping doesn't last very long into the pregnancy:p
Congratulations!!! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and safe delivery!
omg congratulations... have a safe pregnancy..dont know you but hope its a boy!! i mean this sincerely!!!
Congratulations!! What an exciting time! I hope your cramps start feeling better!
Congratulations! Good luck.
I am about 8 1/2 weeks now and last night had some red blood. This morning there is a twinge of brown only when I wipe. I have some very slight cramps but they are like ones I have been getting all along.

I had an appointment scheduled for today anway. I called in sick to work today just to take it easy. I am so scared that something is about to go wrong. I need prayers and good thoughts please.

I'll update later.

Thanks!
Praying for you and let us know that everything is ok!
I hope everything is okay, everhoping. Yes, keep us updated.

I found a site at called Parents Community.  The site is (I will type it with sapces so it doesn't block it out when I post it) community.   parents  .com

You can find a group with your month's due date. I just joined the May 2011 due date group - my new name starts with ARW. I hope we can find each other there! :)
Thanks for the support and prayers.
The doctor was not concerned about the little bit of spotting. She said if it continues for several days to call and go back in. So far no spotting since. I am hopeful it was just another strange effect of pregnancy.

I go back in late November and they will do an ultrasound and let us hear the heartbeat then. It seems so long to wait.

Thanks for the web address Hope1434. I will go check it out.

Wishing everyone well.
Thanks everyone! I'm really excited.  Doc confirmed and estimated I'm about 6 weeks, so I'm going a little crazy now trying to change wedding plans to two months from now instead of 2 weeks before my potential due date:p but it will be worth it.

As for the cramps, still get crampy a few times a day, which I am assuming and hoping just means my uterus is making way for the little one. Has anyone else continued to have cramps? How long did they last?

Glad to hear everything is ok everhoping!
Cramps are totally normal. I had them all through week 6-10. They felt like period cramps. Now I am 12 and a half weeks and I still get little twinges if I'm sleeping or move funny but the doctor checked me out and said it was totally normal and fine.
Good luck with the wedding planning! I just went through all that and it was a relief to have it finished but all SO worth it on the wedding day!
hey i'm 27 my peroid has been come early for the last to month now , back in october my peroid was 10 days early , now this time it 15 days early normal time for peroid is around the 17 of every mth. back in october it come on the 8 now the 4th of nov, .  i have headache alway hungry, breast are getting bigger, upper am lower back ache, alway wanted to cry, took a pergnancy test became back  postive, back in october , also period is normally 5 days , but october only stay for 3 days and my discharge comes with it.
I just received the sad news that I am miscarrying. I have what they call a blighted ovum which means things just didn't take right and now my body is removing it. It is very sad news to get but I am glad I found out now and not at my next appointment (the day before Thanksgiving). So now I just wait for my body to fnish getting rid of the pregnancy. It is heartwrenching and I hope none of you have to go through this.

They told me though that I don't have to wait to get pregnant again so I can start trying right away. I am not sure if emotionally my husband and I will be ready to but we'll see.

Good luck to everyone!
I'm so, so sorry to hear this! I've gone through it before and I was 12 weeks, it is a devastating experience. I pray that you and your husband make it through this ok. I have one suggestion for you and all of the women who are trying to conceive...stop TRYING! Let pregnancy happen naturally. (Not referring to those who need IVF or have other medical issues preventing normal conception) Put the ovulation calendar/chart away, hide the basal thermometer and stop counting the days. When you try too hard, stress can be a factor in preventing pregnancy. Stress is one of our biggest health problems, it can also prevent your expected period which could make you hopeful and then let you down, which could easily lead to depression. Keep your mental health up and just live life. Have wonderful sex with your husband regularly and let nature take it's course. I know it's easier said than done, but it should take a tremendous amount of strain out of your relationship and life. Good luck to you!
I am so very sorry for your loss!! It sounds very devastating. Thank you for sharing your experience. You are in my thoughts and I am hoping for that this goes as easy as possible for you and your husband.
Thanks for the kind words. This has been a long ordeal. I guess I always assumed a miscarriage a was fairly quick event. I was wrong! I am now on day 7 of bleeding. I have bouts of pain so bad they have woken me from a deep sleep. Last evening was some of the worst pain. It was almost like contractions, I would double over in pain for a minute or two, have a few minute break from the pain and then do it again. I ended up passing a large piece of tissue. The pain continued in waves for another hour or so. Then I was exhausted and fell asleep. I am still bleeding today but in far less pain.
Now I hope that in the end my body has done what it has needed to so as to avoid a D&C.
It is hard to grieve and start to heal knowing it still isn't over yet.
Faith, family, and friends are all keeping me going.
I got a positive test result last night, my husband and I aren't getting too excited yet, just because it seems early to get a positive result.  I'm not expecting my period until next week.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!  If I am pregnant I have so many questions; I've been spotting extremely light for the past week.  Not sure what that means.  I thought I was pregnant last month but kept getting negative results so when I got the BFP I'm not sure if I can fully believe it, has anyone ever gotten a "false positive?"
I don't think false positives are the same as a false negative. If you are testing positive then your body is making HCG which is the pregnancy hormone. That is a good thing! The only reason it would not stay positive is if the pregnancy is not viable... meaning something didn't develop right and then you would miscarry.  Maybe your spotting was implantation bleeding. Did you ever get your period last month? If you didn't, then I would go see your doctor and be sure everything is okay. It sounds like you will be celebrating to me.  As long as you aren't feeling heavy cramping with your spotting or any other pain, I bet it was just implantation bleeding.  However, you will experience some cramping as your uterus expands, so don't panic when you notice some of that!

Hope that helps and that I didn't make things more confusing for you!
Thank you, this did help.  I'm going to try and set up a doctors appointment today to find out for sure.  I did have my period last month, at least I thought it was my period.  I do have some symptoms of pregnancy, and of course with the positive test it really makes me think that I am.  I know this is supposed to be an exciting time but I'm so confused!
Doctor's appointment is set for December 16th!  It seems so far away, but they like to wait until you're 8-10 weeks.  With all the stuff I've looked up online, I'm almost sure I didn't get my AF in October but September was the last one I had.  But that is still the soonest they could see me.  So my husband is still unsure but I'm just taking it easy and enjoying it for now.  Baby dust to all who are TTC.  Best of luck and just relax don't try so hard, have fun!
Well Doctors appointment went really well!  We got to see our little peanut.  Tech said that our little one is about 9 1/2 weeks!  I'm sooo excited!  Best of luck to everyone!
I'm so sorry to hear of your lost, have been in your shoes before, not a great feeling. it's been 3 years and I still struggle. I pray for complete healing...

I've been having unprotected sex and my period is due in 2 days. I've been urinating more frequently and early this morning when i wiped there was a pinkish mucus on the tissue. I haven't had cramps yet, which is not normal, my face is clear which is not normal, but a pimple popped up, breast are really heavy and just a little sensitive, I've been sleeping like crazy but I thought it was because we just came from vacation where I hadn't got much sleep. I'm not sure but someone please give me some insite... this would be a pretty good time to get pregnant, but we've been ttc for the past 3 years and no luck...
Hi im new to this... been TTC for a two months so far. I was due my period 2 days ago and i've had every symptoms so far except the positive test :( worried i've been so desperate for this that im imagining these symptoms. tested yesterday but no luck. been having some mild cramping but hoping its not signs of AF has anyone ever had cramps before AF is meant to start but still been PG?  wish it would hurry up and either happen or not!!! i've read that some women dont get a postive test until a week after they've missed the AF anyone had any experience of that?
I am due my period on the 28th January, but for the past few days i have been getting mild twingy cramps and also my boobs are sore, not allover as such, mostly around the sides closest to my arms. I have also felt nausea, not extremely bad but enough to notice.  I think i ovulated around the 15th Jan. I took a HPT a couple of days ago, and it came back positive after approx 20 mins, it could have been sooner, but i disregarded it after about 5 mins. I know that you aren't meant to look after this time, but it obviously has me thinking. I know that it could pos be an evap line, but surely the line would be clear, as there would be no HCG hormone to detect to cause it to be pink. Has this happened to anyone else and it has been positive??

Please Help xx
I was amazed to find this website
It is great to know that we are not alone for the good or bad moments.
My only child just turn 18 months and I as my 27th birthday is coming up
I really wish to get pregnant soon.I have been trying for the past 6 months even went to my GP asking for help as I am starting to wonder is there is anything wrong with me or my husband...I suppose it is a lot of pressure.
I have been having cramps all day and if that is a sign of pregnacy it will be better that winning the lottery.
Having a child is the most wonderfull thing that can happen to us women...but not having them it will breaks our heart.
So for all of us being strong for pains, worries, good or bad moments will only makes stronger.
I'm 38 and had sex during uvulation. I wasn't trying to get pregnant. But I feel like I am pregnant.  I have basic pms symptoms. Except I've been nauseated.  I'm not usually nauseated with pms. So I'm wondering if my intuition is kicking in making me think I'm pregnant.  I'm due to start in six days. Smells are making me sick. So I'm sure time will tell.
I am 29 yrs old. We are trying for a baby and this is our first month. Lately I have been feeling very tired and sleepy, and this has been on since 5 days now. I got cramps couple of times...but not that bad...just slight one's. I spotted last week. My period was due yesterday...I get regular periods with a cycle of 30 days. Yet I haven't got....and this waiting time is stressing me. Is the stress causing my periods to delay? I have not felt week and tired b4 my periods b4. Also i have been having constipation since past 3 days. No other symptoms. Can i be preggo?
Hi all,

I am due for my period on 22 April. I was not having any PMS 1 day before, but from today I am having uterine cramps...with that I am also having nausea. (generally i do not have nausea in my PMS). I was hoping that I am pregnant until my uterine cramps started. I eagerly want to get pregnant..

Can help me in this....can i be pregnant if I experience PMS, (especially uterine cramps)?
I think this is a great site...so much support and helpful advice. My husband and I have been TTC for 5 months (this is the 5th month). I'm on day 27 of my cycle. I'm not sure when to test. Obviously, you know how hard it is to wait. But here is what my cycle has been:

January - 34 days (this was unusual)
February - 31 days
March - 28 days
April - 26 days
May - 27 days
June - ????

When should I test? I want to today, but I'm afraid it's too early.
hey Amy...im in the same boat as u...Thanks to u too for sharing ur story....we wre trying since a year for the baby...everymonth hoping for +ve results  in HPT,that turns to -ve always...this month again hoping for the best...All the best for u
How many of you have had luck after your HSG test? My husband and I have been trying for 2 years , 6 of those months we quit because my husband ( 31 years old) was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. They can't find anything wrong with me or him now and it has pretty much been declared unexplained infertility. I had the HSG 2 weeks ago and my husband and I TTC last week. My doctor says I am more fertile than I have ever been due to the fact of having the test and cleaning my tubes. Other than being a little nauseous, I don't really feel pregnant but my period should come this weekend . If not , I will be rejoicing. I take all the baby dust I can get. We have tried for so long.
I wish u the best of luck! I am 29 and not TTC...however I had unprotected sex within the same week of ovulating!!! My period isnt due until Sept.24....9 more days of waiting uggh!!! I have had soooo many symptoms and its hard to distinguish PMS from Pregnancy!!! My sore/tingly breasts and the sporadic cramping being the most bothersome! Oh yeah forgot the main one.....the fatigue.....but I also get these along with PMS as well so I am at a loss! Good luck to all!!!!!!  :)
Hi ladies! I'm 32 and my husband and I are going for baby #3. We had little trouble getting pregnant with our first one and no trouble getting pregnant with our second, but we have been trying for a third for nearly a year and have had no luck!

I've been feeling different feelings lately and am wondering if I'm FINALLY pregnant. First of all, I've been pretty irritable and emotional for the last couple of weeks, prone to being seriously overdramatic. I've also been having really random yet very vivid dreams. This is very unusual because I typically don't even remember my dreams, but I remember these perfectly because they seemed so real. Furthermore, I've been having random bouts of slight nausea in the afternoons and evenings and right when the yucky stomach feelings hit, extreme fatigue hits as well. I just have to lay down and let it pass. After laying down for about an hour, the fatigue is gone and I get up and go about my day. It's really weird. I also have a dull paining my lower back but that is pretty typical for my PMS symptoms but not the extreme fatigue, slight nausea, and vivid dreams. My AF is due to start on Tuesday (today is Sunday). I wanted to know what is going on with me so I took a HPT yesterday and it was negative. After I took it I was immediately mad at myself for taking it. (Ever felt like that, ladies? I'm guessing so.) It was still 3 days before AF and it was mid-afternoon so even if I am pregnant it was likely to say negative. With my second baby, every HPT came back negative until a week after my missed period so it may be awhile before I know what's up. I'll try to keep everyone posted. I hope I really am pregnant...otherwise my irritability and tendency to overdramatize is just my personality. Bummer!

Thanks for letting me go on and on!

Blessings to you all!
You and I are on the same page. My AF is due on today  I am very anxious to take the pt but i am going 2 wait. I had a dream that I took a pt and it was + and my hubby & I were sharing the news to others. I have been a little sick at times but I am very tired. I have little cramping and I keep checking to see if  AF is coming. I had a miscarriage 2 yrs ago & I am nervous and excited to see what happens. I will keep u all posted...i plan to to take pt this sat.
What about leaky nipples can that just be a PMS symptom?
I am scheduled to have my next menstrual cycle on the 7th of october. But today I have slight spotting and bloating with backpain....my typical PMS symptoms. I have been trying to get pregnant after having done a laparoscopy 3 months ago for bilateral ovarian endometriosis. Could what I am experiencing now be implantation symptoms or simple my menstrual cycle coming early?
I hope this is your month!  If it isn't, keep at it!  Try to have fun with it though & don't let it drive you crazy (speaking from experience).  You can find websites to tell you what foods to eat to help you conceive.  Good luck :)
I am so with you on your posting! We are trying for baby as well, my next menstrual cycle is October 12. I am having cramps and praying hard that it is implantation symptons as well and not my period. I am going to be 37 years old, I am so looking forward to being a mother and sharing this next phase with my loving husband and family.  I AM WISHING YOU THE VERY BEST!!!:)
I am suppost to have my next mesnrtual cycle Oct. 11 and have been having mild like cramps, Im not sure if it is premenstural cramps or early pregnancy cramps of implantation. Lately, Ive been getting headaches, and the other day I could hardly stand to eat my pasta, it was making me feel sick! When I sleep I somewhat have this weird pain like cramping feeling on my lower right abdominal area. Ia m also expercing gas and constipation abd always burping. Can somebody please help me... what amI feeling?
When I got pregnant the first time I wasnt keeping track of when I got my periods and when I started getting sore breasts and fatigue I chalked it up to being stressed. As the guy I was seeing was just a friend and I ended up preggo! Probably the first weird symptom I found was that when I went to smoke first thing in the morning a cigarette would make me almost vomit. (I had never been pregnant before but had been trying at one point with an ex for 4 years with no luck.) I figured I was just sick but a pushed through it.

A few days later I had a really light period that lasted longer than the usual 7 days. After over 2 weeks of having my period I got concerned and thought there was something wrong with me and went to the doctor. I had a pap done and the nurse said I was "bleeding from my cervix and that I was probably having a light period". However, they did a pregnancy test after that and came back in and told me it was BFP! Talked about shocked! I was devasted! This wasnt the guy I wanted to spend my life with, let alone have a child with!

I kept spotting and knew something was wrong. I called my mom(ob nurse of 40 years and told her) She said, "spotting that long during pregnancy IS NOT normal, unless it's implanation bleeding but that doesnt last that long." I went to the closest ER and the DR reassured me everything was fine. My HCG levels were good, etc. I was almost 6 weeks. They did an internal ultrasound and said everything looked good. I was told by the Dr that "spotting during early pregnancy is normal and to go home and be pregnant".

I kept feeling worse and continued to have a temp of 100 so I went back to the ER and they did a urine test and found out I had a bad UTI. I was given meds and sent home and told once again "spotting is normal, go home and be pregnant". I again continued to feel terrible and laid on the couch and just writhed in pain. I finally figured that I should go to a different hospital and drove 45 mins to a better hospital and when I got there they found that my UTI had become a bad kidney infection and I was septic and dehydrated! I didnt sleep for 1 min that whole night. The next morning an OBGYN from the hospital was called in for me and she said upon evalution my "cervix was open slightly" and I would need another internal ultrasound. At 6 weeks and 3 days there was no heartbeat. A few hours later the OBGYN, my nurse, and the lead ER physician came in and shut the door. I knew what that meant.. I asked what my HCG levels were. (Supposed to double every other day) He said they had only risen 400 in almost 2 weeks. Not good. :( I knew immediately what he was telling me. I wanted a D&C done that day but the OBGYN wanted me to wait a week bc she "would not abort a potential viable fetus" After a week I went for another internal ultrasound and found that everything was starting to move down slowly(I would need a D&C done afterall). At this point I had accepted that I was going to miscarry and just wanted everything to be done and over with. I scheduled the procedure and things went perfect. I had a heavy period with clotting and after almost 2 weeks things cleared up and I felt like the old me again.

I have now met and married the man of my dreams and lately I have been feeling pretty terrible. My breasts have been sore for over a week and continue to increase in soreness. It feels the worst when I take off my bra before I go to bed at night. I've had some cramping, like PMS cramping also, have been super tired(slept for 15 hours the other day and coulda slept for 15 more!) Its like my get-up-and-go, got up and went! I've had a bit of nausea lately too, but not like when I was pregnant. The day I got that BFP the morning sickness set in like crazy! I have had some nausea too. I have now been tracking my periods and found that I have a 25-30 day cycle and today is going on day #28 with no period yet. I took 2 pregnancy tests 4-5 days ago, both of which were neg. (One at night, one in the am) I figured it might have been too early, especially if I'm going to have a 30 days cycle this month.

I'm not sure if this is all in my head bc of what I went through and is just some serious PMS or if I will be getting a BFP result here in a few days. Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

For anyone that is TTC or already pregnant some advice would be that if you have a telling feeling that something isnt right, DO NOT just accept any answer from any doctor! Keep pushing until you get answers! My miscarriage and sepsis(It could have ended much worse) could have been prevented if the doctors had just done a simple urine test along with my pregnancy test! As I had a low grade temperature for a week prior to finding out I was even pregnant and again when I got the BFP result, and it was suspected that I had an infection somewhere. Most places are required to check for UTIs in pregnant women, but the doctor's office I went to, and hospital I went to, neither of them screened me for that. Go with your gut feeling! Doctor's aren't always right! Don't let yourself get pushed around!

When I do get my next BFP result(hopefully here soon) I will know the
S&S of a UTI and if I feel I'm getting the run around I won't hesitate to get a 2nd opinion! Best wishes to everyone that is TTC or expecting!

I am on cycle day 28 I usually have a little breast tenderness just before af but the last couple nights it has been horrid! hurts to even sleep on my left side at all and then today they have felt heavy and achey (achy) all day long! I usually get loose bowls and I am so constapated that my side twords the back hurts. and I usually have cramps by now and I am usually a b**** by now but no cramps and I fill pretty good! Do any of you think I could be pregnant?
You ladies should check out the babymed site and check out the fertility ovulation calculator. It's a very detailed calendar that tells you step by step, what is going on in your body. If conception occurred, it also breaks down where the embryo is and when to test for pregnancy. All you need is the date of your LMP and which cycle you are on....28 days, 30 days, etc. Check it out, it's a great tool for those TTC and for those who suspect that they may be pregnant. Good luck to you all!
i had a tubal ligation with clamps 5 years ago (23 yo) and up untill once fell off (my left one) i get my period every 2 months luck you may say but i beg to differ as i never really know whats going on since i only have one clamp on now (i think) however i have been looking it up and i have been reading that theres a syndrome called post tubal ligation syndrom (syndrome) (ptls) that it may make my periods infrequent, as well as i did have ovarian systs in my teens i have had 3 children and they seemed to have gone away, so on to the situation at hand i am now 3.5 months late which is a all time record for me since i have had children my last being 5 years ago so now im getting mad back paid and dizzyness and nausa i cant really tell if my nipples are dark or anything because since i have had my 3rd they have stayed kinda dark i think...got mommy brain mixed with crs lol. anyway im not sure if its pms or pregnancy someone pls help me!!!!!!!!!!!
ok so me and my bf split up about 4 months ago which the last time that i had sex. i remember being scared that i was pregnant but was glad to find out that i wasnt the following month when i had my period. the next 2 months after that i had my regular period. but then last month 2 weeks after my period i experienced spotting. didnt really think much of it until this month. i am now a little over a week late on my period and have gained a couple lbs throughout these past 4 months. i dont feel like im pregnant but i am a little scared to think that i could be. idk what i should do now????
Hello I need some help.. My husband and I had sex 2 days before my period and the first day of my period. he came inside me all the time we had sex. so my period was supposed to come 11/29/11 and is 12/3/11. im usually not late and im having bad cramps, my breast hurst and my lower bac is killing.
can I be pregnant?? plz help me
I'm not sure whether I'm pregnant cos still got 4 to 7 days my period due cos my cycle is 34days. But I start to feel breast tender/sore and nipple pain. My lower abdominal and lower back has pulling and uncomfortable feeling for at least a week already. My husband and I start to have unprotected sex after 3 days of my period. I cant do any test cos too early to test. but can i be pregnant with all these symptoms?
Hey Guys,

First off, you guys have a great community going here! I'm having some pregnancy anxiety. My last period was the 13th - 18th of November. I had unprotected sex from the 21th until abt a week following that. (BTW my bf was away on work so we just got a little over excited when he got back) my period is not due sometime around the 9-11th of December but i cant help but feeling pregnant. first i've been very bloated and gassy and have been urinating frequently. i'm very nauseous but i'm also wondering if that is due to the fact that i have the cold and my sinuses are draining. Also i've been getting a few sporadic cramps, mild. I normally have pms cramping but somehow it just feels different, dont know why. But in general i just feel pregnant! have'nt missed my period yet so i cant say for sure. oh and i've been very hungry lately and i maintain the same general diet i'm used to. Does anybody have any advice or have felt this way prior to getting a positive PT result?
I am experiencing the exact same things that you are.  We are ttc and according to my charts I am 13dpo... I have taken a test and it was negative.  I just feel different...I never have gas or bloating like I have been.  Not tired, no tender breasts... but for the last 2 nights I have been really tired but just toss and turn.. NO SLEEP!  I just keep praying that maybe my dpos are off and the hcg is not showing itself yet.  I really wanted to tell my hubby's parents that I was preggo for Christmas.  I had a plan of how we were going to tell them.  I am supposed to start tomorrow.  No cramps like af is coming today.. just backache...weepy...hungry..twinges..dull cramps some days.. headaches... Baby Dust to all!
I'm having pregnancy symptoms I had somewhat af I'm so lost I've taken tests 1st was faint pos other been neg but supposedly I'm 5wks I'm confused
im a 40 year old parent of a 19 year old daughr=ter and a 2 year old grandson all i know is i missed my period last month ive been having period cramps my back hurts i feel sick sometimes can some body please tell me wat to do confused
Hi there! Have you tested again yet? I am in the exact same boat! I'm 14dpo, would really like to know before Christmas. :) I've been experiencing the very same symptoms plus  breast tenderness and extreme unusual bloating. Some waves of nausea. I've tested but all neg. I haven't tried fmu yet though, self preservation, lol. Ive had short cycles 22 days since getting off iud in Aug, and I'm past 22 days, although I have shown to have an average of 24 days, since one month my period was 29 days late... just hate the wait! Let me know if AF starts or if you test again. Best of luck, sticky sticky baby dust to you!!!
I am 30 and my husband is 27. I have two children ages 13 and 11 and was on the depo shot for about ten years after the birth of my daughter. I have now been TTC since May 2010 with no luck and I'm wondering if my cycles are still irregular because of having been on the depo shot for so long. Although they have always been irregular, in fact before depo I would go months without AF. I did not have any AF during the ten years of depo.

My last six cycles have been (from latest to soonest) 37 days, 37 days, 34 days, 35 days, 34 days, and 32 days. My LMP was Nov 22 which puts me at 32 CD today.

I tested yesterday (BFN) but have very pronounced PMS signs (tender breasts, left abdominal cramps, dizzy spells, pronounced sense of smell, fatigue, nausea, and crabbiness) which isn't especially normal for me. This month is the first time I've used an OPK which showed positive on December 07. We had sex on December 4, 8,9,11, and 15 and am hoping for a BFP by Christmas since he doesnt have any biological children of his own and wants one very badly.

I too am frustrated with testing and getting repeated BFN but am unsure of when I may have ovulated since I don't have regular cycles. Am thinking about waiting to test again on Christmas morning for a nice present which would be CD 34. Not sure again if I'm late since I don't really have regular cylces.....

Baby dust to all and wish me luck. I'll keep you girls posted on my results.

Thanks!

Thanks!
well not the news I was looking for, no baby gift for xmas this year. But I guess there's always next month to keep trying. Dam you AF.
I am so confused right now. I'm due next Friday, breast r full, some bloating. Have experienced nausea like crazy, weird taste n my mouth. Body temperature is a little elevated. Praying we r pregnant.
Hi There,
I need some advice....I'm on birth control...but I basically missed my last period, I had one day of minimal spotting.  I have taken three pregnancy tests and they came back negative so I have been waiting to see if I get my period this month but it is a few days late.  I have sorness in my breasts and cramps but I usally have cramps with my period.  I don't know if this is just a symptom of my period or if I'm having pregnancy symptoms.  Does it happen often that you test negative for pregnancy tests...should I go to the doctor?  Any suggestions would be great...I don't know what to think.  Thanks so much :).  
hi im new to this site, im 25 my name is lisa ive been trying for baby number 3 from november my period is due on the 27th but ive been getting cramps and feel bigger could i been pregnant>?
Hi Everyone!

I'm glad I found this site. It's great!  My husband and are trying to get pregnancy and we been doing everything like we're supposed to; however, I am not sure if I am pregnant yet or not. It's too early for a test.  I started getting cramps a few days after we had sex, and I've had some nausea, headaches, breasts are tender.  But, now I am getting cramps as if I am getting my period; however, the cramps are mild.  If I were to get my period, it should come on the 29th or 30th, which is a week from now.  Has anyone experience anything like this before? I've never been pregnant before and am SO eager to get pregnant.  Are mild cramps normal?  Especially so close to when you would usually get your period? Could I not be pregnant? :-(
SO im am 8days late on my period and have taking like 5 pregnancy test and all coming up negative me and my husband have been trying to have a baby so im excited but dont want to be to excited im so confused !!!! =( pls help
I was wondering how long it takes to get pregnant after having iud removed , had mine removed almost a week ago. And what does af stand for
Hey Keke...af stands for aunt Flo, aka your period. You should be able to get pregnant immediately after iud removal, however, I would recommend that you wait until your cycles become more regular so you know when you should be ovulating. Good luck!
I'm 9 days late  and we have been trying for a baby the whole month... had sex most days when I'm ovulating practically we would have sex everyday or just skip a day and try again. My periods were due on the 15th but on that day I was experiencing cramps and back pain, I took a hpt but it was negative... I took one again 2days ago but it is stil neg, I have been having this cramps on both my ovaries, back pain, nausea sometimes and I start feeling agitated sometimes too... Even now I'm experiencing those cramps. Could I be pregnant or just my periods cramps...? Worried but I really hope and pray that I'm pregnant.
I'm not sure if I am pregnant or not. I technically should've had my oeriod by now but i started taking birthcontrol this month. I have been using birthcontrol for over a year but this month I started taking them late so I think my hormones would cause my period to be late. however i notice that I cry for really no reason and I feel a tight feeling in my lower pelvic region which I hadn't really felt that before, and I know its not cramps because it doesnt really hurt. could anyone tell me before I take a pregnancy test this weekend?
Hi All

I started trying from June 2011 and concieved in November 2011. I have harmonel problem and get my periods after having duphaston. December i did not get my cycles nad i felt that i have concieved but my blood report of b-HCG was negative. Doctor gave me Ovural and i got mild bleeding on dec 8th which lasted for 13 days and result was miscaraige. After i went fo rmy b-HCG test my levels of BHCG was 1400 which was high and i found it was ecotopic pregnance. i waited for my first cysle and tried again for concieveing. I am not sure when i ovulated coz of irregular cycles, i would like to know whetehr mensuration and early pregnancy symptoms are same. My cycle date is March 28th due but from last 3 days i am feeling uneasiness as vomitted mild breast tenderness and bloated stomach.

Can anyone help me knowing can it be pregnancy symptoms or mensuration symptoms?

Idk what to think.. I have been feeling so tired like I could sleep all day and it still wouldn't be enough sleep.. i usually have a normal ap. but i just don't feel like eating.. i have to see or smell something before i know if i want it.. i am sick to my stomach sometime, mostly after i wake up and at night.. my hubby says i am really touchy about everything.. he has always smacked when he chews but here lately i want to smack him when he does it.. :) lol and like i never noticed till like 2 days ago that he talks just way way to much.. i guess i am kind of moody.. I love my dude he is my bffl.. my head will be fine then out of no where i will get the worst headache i've ever had.. my sugar always feels low, and i pee a bit more than usual.. and i can't get enough to drink.. i have slight twingy cramps and bloating.. Is these things common in pregnancy, like the symptoms and stuff? I don't usually have these symptoms with my PMS.. I'm going to the doc tomorrow.. let me know any info helps..  
Oh and this maybe tmi but i have a bunch of egg white stuff coming out.. its been coming out for like 2 weeks and seems to be constant now..
I am 21 years old and my husband and I have been married for 6 months now and we have never used protection. we didnt have sex till after we were married but I am pretty sure i had a miscarriage about the second month of us being married but now i am feeling nauseated a lot that always comes with mid back pain. I also have been super exhausted, i sleep for 10 hours a day and take naps and am still always tiered..... I keep getting pretty bad cramps in my mid and lower stomach and have had diarrhea for the past week and a half. I was due to start my period yesterday but i took prednisone before i thought I could be pregnant and one of the side effects is messed up periods.... i want to take a PT but I dont want to be dissapointed again. we want to have a baby so bad and all of my family has always been so fertile (except me i guess :( ) could i be pregnant or is this just side effects from prednisone?
Hello all,
I have a question. I am about three-four days late for my period. Three days ago I had light spotting but a period did not come after. This has never happened to me before, if I begin to spot a period comes soon after!! I have light cramping, breast tenderness, and dirrhea which is not common for me at all. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Also I took one pregnancy test and it came out negative. Could I be pregnant?
It's true, I have had four babies and the feeling is just different... I had kinda a nauseous feeling the first three months, that never left. And the fatigue was extreme compared to pms. However, my pms is steadily worse after each pregnancy...fun!! ;)
I think what you are saying is right...I am going thru this every month and its devastating...etime when I have perids symptoms I want to believe its pregnancy symptoms..its crazy..
I'm 16 years old and on the pill, but a few weeks back I got a kidney infection. I didn't know you had to wait 7 days after you got off of the antibiotics and I had unprotected sex before the 7 days was up. I've been experiencing lower abdominal cramps and lower back cramps as well and I'm not due for my period for another week.. I've also been feeling sick to my stomach very often and extremely fatigued. Does this all mean I'm pregnant..?
I had sex on 12-21 till 12-25 got my period on tha 25th and then had sex again on the 28th and my bf came in me all dose times and im 5 days late with my period I took a test this mornin but came back negative and I am ttc,could I be pregnant?

Well, if you are having unprotected sex, then you can always be pregnant when your period is late.  good luck
Hello everyone. I'm just another voice to add to the infertility struggle. I understand a lot more of how you all feel than I ever thought I would.

We conceived our first child with no problems and the pregnancy was perfect. We waited a year to start trying for another not thinking we would have any issues. Now we are into our 2nd year of ttc and it is very hard. At the end of the first year of ttc, we had a positive test and a few days later it was negative - chemical pregnancy. That was incredibly hard after a whole year of trying to get a positive that didn't stick. Then I believe we had a chemical pregnancy the month after that also. I was so low that I wasn't testing but had all the symptoms - late period, cramps etc.

Our Dr. is very supportive and allowed us to do the HSG test even though she didn't suspect any problems. I did however wonder if a previous C-section and ruptured appendix as a child had anything to do with it.

Thankfully all that came back fine and we are back in the waiting game. I am feeling the same this month as I did with the 2 early M/C or chemical pregnancies - strange cramping for the past week and af is not due for another 4 days. I am afraid the same thing is happening again.

So nice to see all those positive comments of success - and sorry to those of you who also experienced losses !!!

I got my implanon removed August 27,2013 I had it in since August ,15,2012, now my period before the birth control was always on September 8, since I got the BC Removed I got my period September 9,2013 me and hubby started having sex that Friday or Saturday when I got off.. My ovulation days were 23-28 we have been having sex everyday since after my period !! Like a week and a half ago I had lower stomach cramps like period lasted a few days, I've been moody &tired, also have the white creamy discharge . Now I don't get my period until October 9 pregnancy test has been negative could instill be pregnant
I just had my period last week it hasn't been normal since September I had two periods in that month I'm always active but lately I've been tired & lazy along with the dizziness my sleeping routine is the same why would be I'm only 35 ye old woman can you still be pregnant & still have a monthly period
Viewing 201-277 comments: