Distended abdomen, missed periods, NOT pregnant..HELP!
Hello..I'm really nervous and was hoping someone would recognize my symptoms and give me some reassurance!  I dont know if my pregnancy has anything to do with it, but thats when everything started so I will start there.

I became pregnant in 2003. At my 18 week ultrasound my baby was diagnosed with Gastroschisis (sm. bowel, lg bowel, liver and stomach had herniated out of the abdomen and were growing on the outside) I had many complication during my pregnancy and delieered at 34 weeks, in Feb of 2004.  The rest of 2004 was a blur to me, so I really didn't pay attention to my own health.  In 2005 I was missing periods on and off, but thought maybe my body was still regulating itself after pregnancy, anf the stresses of my sons health and hospitalization were causing it.  At the end of 2005 I always felt a "fullness" in my abdomen, almost like I was carrying a baby again.  I took a preg. test and it was negative.  I started gaining weight this year, but my diet was horrible so I didn't think anything of it.  I went on a diet in the Spring and I never really lost weight but my abdomen always seemed very round.  Recently I get really sore breasts, and my abdomen literally looks like I am 5 months preg. but I have had mulitple pregnancy tests and they are all negative!  Also, I have only had 2-3 weird periods all of 2006.
Went to my family Dr today for the third time this year complaining of these problems and today he felt my abdomen and said it felt "full of air"?  I have an abdominal and pelvic ultrasound scheduled in 2 weeks..could I have ovarian cancer? Im so scared!
First of all I wanted to say sorry to hear you have been through so much in the last few years. No doubt it has taken it's toll on your body. As for your symptoms, I wouldn't dare speculate on any of them before your u/s booking. It's too complicated to even begin to do so. Has the doctor spoken to you about the different possibilities of your symptoms? Perhaps you could do a google search on ovarian cancer and see what some of the symptoms are. I hope it's not this bad though. However, you are right to get yourself thoroughly checked out. If you are able to - will you keep us all posted?
Hello, I've had some of the symptoms your talking about like having a period every three months(not normal for me) and a extended stomach(which they thought was air). But any way my doctor told me when you have ovarian cancer you actually bleed a lot. I was was scared of having ovarian cancer myself. He didn't even want to check me for it because i was not having a lot of bleeding, But you can look up ovarian cancer online to check out the symptoms of it. Hopes this helps