Do I have weird labia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Do I have weird labia?

I'm 15 and I've been feeling really self conscious about the length of my labia minora... They hang down and appear to be rather long. They can be stretched out to almost 2 inches.
Also, the outer labia also appear to be kinda fat and protruding, although they're a lot shorter then the inner labia...

I looked up stuff like this, and I felt a bit better for a minute when I read that other women had longer/odd labia.
But then I saw some pictures when I searched 'long labia' and they looked a LOT smaller then mine!
I couldn't find any pictures at all with labia as long as mine...
My labia as a whole seems be an inch long, even when it's all pressed up...

My outer labia look really fat and the outer is really long and noticable, and as a whole it all seems to hang down a lot more then it should...

I think I'm overreacting, and people are probably going to tell me that guys probably won't even really notice, but I feel so self conscious about it... I think if I got the chance to be in a sexual situation with someone I really liked, I'd be too afraid to let them look out of fear of them saying it looks weird or different...
As my husband once told me, if a guy is in the happy situation of looking at labia face to face, the last thing on earth he is thinking about is whether or not they look different than other labia.  Especially, when you talk about them looking really fat, there are guys out there who (if they stumble on this post) will get all excited just thinking about that idea.  LOL

Google "Betty Dodson" for a whole bunch of illustrative material.  You're fine.
I am 23 and I was just like you only that mine are two different sizes!! The one side is normal and the other is a freaking flapper! lol  I know what you mean tho, but believe me guys will not pay attention.  I know it still helps me when I see a girl in a porm magazine and see her labia look crazier than mine (Not that I look at porn a lot but when i happen to see one) haha.  Although I do admit I am still embarassed of mine when I go to the gyno.  But best of luck and try not to worry so much! =]
Thank you both so much for your responses. ^^

Ahh, I just can't help being so self conscious about that type of thing.
I just have to tell myself that that looks isn't as uncommon as porn tells us, and that the guy probably won't really care that much. x)
ur welcome. =] and believe me i soo know what u r saying about being very self concious about that! =]
Same here I try not to worry ... They're two different sized one is normal and the other isn't .. Should I go to the doctor, or a treatment. This comment might not be helpful, But don't worry YOUR NOT ALONE.