Do tampons ever expire?
I bought a box of cardboard Tampax tampons almost 10 years ago and never finished after the first (cardboard applicators hurt for me!) It's been sitting in my closet for years now and I'm cleaning out.

I don't plan on using them, may give them away if I find someone wants 'em but I want to know if it's safe first of all.
Hi!
Yes, they do have an expiry date, but it is particularly long. The tampons need to be stored in cool dry place or they catch fungus easily. Also, old tampons can cause vaginal infection. So, if they have been in your closet for long, please throw them away. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
If you have had them in your closet for one year, is that okay?