Does anyone know if you can get pregnant in a hot tub?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Ok, I know this is a silly question, but has anyone to their knowledge gotten pregnant in a hot tub?  I am 8 days past ovulation and have some preg. symptoms:  lower back pain, upset stomach, and at 5dpo very light head and slightly dizzy.  I have no implantation bleeding..does that happen every pregnancy?  I have been preg. before but miscarried at 7weeks.  I am very scared and very curious.  Please help!
DID YOU HAVE SEX IN THE HOT TUB????
Yes,  my DH and I had sex in the hot tub....
Has anyone gotten pregnant while having sex in a hot tub.  (By the way, we the hot tub is at our home, not a public one). :)
Sometimes you wont see the implantation bleeding.  I didnt.
not many people even get implantation bleeding you can get pregnant anytime you have unprotected sex.
It is possible, but your DH would have to have some pretty strong sperm.  The heat from a hot tub can kill sperm.  In fact, it is advised that men avoid hot tubs when TTC b/c it can lower the sperm count so much.  But, if you were in your fertile days and had unprotected sex than anyting is possible.
Wow!  You are keeping my hopes up!  Thanks!
Oh, I've always wanted to try it in a hot tub!  I would think any time you have unprotected sex, you could get pregnant and it sounds like you were around your ovulation time, so the chances go up quite a bit.  Depending on how long you were in there before you did the "deed", the shorter the soak time, the better chance of getting pregnant.  Prolonged heat does kill sperm, so that's one thing.  And, just to let you know, I know alot of people have been claiming they've had implantation bleeding on these forums here lately, but implantation bleeding is rare and most women do not get it when they get pregnant, I didn't.  I'm almost 33 weeks pregnant and never spotted a drop.  Good luck!
Thanks for your help.
Completely impossible. I've had sex in hot tubs numerous times, completely unprotected, and have never got pregnant. I do have AIDS, though, so that might change things a little bit. I would recommend getting AIDS before you have sex in the hot tub again. That way I know you won't be able to get pregnant.

And since you read it on the internet, you know it's true.