Does exercise affect your period or ovulation cycle?
I wanted to know if exercise will affect my period or ovulation?  I recently have had abnormal periods due to loss of a pregnancy at 20 weeks with a d&c performed.  My first period came back 35 days after surgery and the second just came back the other day, 47 days after the previous period.  I have waited the treen months like the doctor told meand we are for sure ready to start trying again.  I like to get on the treadmill and exercise, but I am scared that it will affect my cycle.  I did not know that if alot of exercise, where I would sweat alot can cause my period or ovulation to be even more screwed up or skipped.  I have heard that alot of heavy exercising can delay your period, I did not know how true this was, does anyone know? I do not want to risk skipping any more cycles and ovulation cause I want to ttc as sson as possible.  i am confused????
a little excersise is always good for you, and shouldnt effect your cycles unless your working out a massive amount of time, i know when i was younger i did gymnastics and there were girls (not me unfortunatly) who didnt have periods at all because of their extremly low body fat, and they excersied probably 3 times a day, everyday, but thats the extreme, if you get on the treadmil a few times a week, its not going to effect you, good luck! oh and just to add another good point about exercise, if you are at a moderate( like in the weight range for your body type and age) your much more likely to have a normal cycle then if for example you were extremly under or over weight, hope this helps!
I am a personal trainer, I know for a fact that exercise on moderation eg: cardiovascular and weight training, does not affect your period, it only affects you when you are on extreme diets and exercise, like the other post says, above your limits. Go ahead and do your workout, then you are going to be more healthy and strong for your pregnancy. Good Luck!
I agree with the other post that exercise is always good for you.. but we do hear often that people who do a lot of exercise like athletes do skip periods..
i myself do 5 days a week 30 minutes of really fast walking since about d
i recently stared working out, last week and I went three times last week and twice this week. I am doing 30 minutes of cardio and all the machines at comfortable weights and reps. I also started eating less calories, but still healthy. I did not used to exercise, except for walking. my period was due on monday and today is wednesday I took a home pregnency test yesterday and it was negative.  last month my period came on the day it was supposed to in the morning, could i be pregnant? or am i most likely late due to the changes i have made??? also i have two beautiful little girls and my tests showed up positive early on.
i have recently started working out 5 times a week for about 45 minutes... i've only been doing this for two weeks and my period is a week and two days late... i have always been really regular, i am breastfeeding but i have even been regular while breastfeeding... i took 3 pregnancy tests and they were all negative... could it be from excersise or might there be something else wrong with me?
is it good to workout on my period
I came off the pill about 8 months ago after being on it since 17 now I am 36 and just started exercising over 3 months for 45 mins 3 times a week, since then my period is very light and painful. does this have anything to do with exercise or should I go back on the pill?
I am a triathelete and run,bike and swim 6 days a week.  I have normal periods, but low body fat.  I have been off birthcontrol for 9 months.  Will my ovulation be affected with my low body fat even though I have normal periods?