Dysplasia!!! :( Help! i'm scared & need advice.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi all! I just came back from the gynecologist. They read my results and told me i have high grade dysplasia. I am 25 years old with three kids and had two miscarriages in my life. I am so scared when it comes to things like this. This is my first time ever that i have to get surgery. The doctor told me i will be going to an out patient place and that i have to be put to sleep so they can remove the dysplasia. i just wanna know different peoples experiences and advice. Im scared to be put to sleep. Alot of people have told me that it is a really good feeling. and that it is absolutely safe and feels like a normal sleep. I also wanted to know id this little surgery is safe and is dysplasia very curable. Will i be okay? should i not worry myself much? im scared to be put to sleep and im scared of the surgery.
I'd say not to worry about being under anesthesia, I have done it many times and it has always been routine. The Dr or nurse will likely talk you through the process and be able to address your fears and concerns. It's like falling asleep really. One minute awake the next not. You will wake up in recovery, you'll probably be a little fuzzy but will know where you are and what is going on. As for dysplasia, I'm told an abnormal pap is not uncommon. Rest, relax. You'll be healthier when you are done. Good luck to you :)
thanks (=