Endometriosis??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Endometriosis??

Hey :)
I'm 16. I menarche at age 11. At first I had no pain with my periods but as each period went on, the pain continued to get worse. It became so painful I could barely move. I had this pain in my legs(thighs), pelvic area and in my ovaries. I had this pain right before my period started and all during my period. It was particuarlly worse on the first day of my period. I get this pain sometimes even when I don't have my periods. My periods were always on time and regular to begin with but as the pain worsened, my periods became irregular. It became a real problem, stopping me from doing things so I consulted a doctor about it last year at Christmas when the pain was so excrutiating I was stuck in bed and he suggested I should start taking an Oral Conraceptive Pill called "Yasmin". When I first began that it completely fixed me for the first two or three periods and then the pain started up again and slowly became worse with each period. I went back to the doctor and they thought it was endometriosis and should see a gyno..?? Does anyone have any other suggestions??
Editional Information:

Also forgot to mention that i have chronic fatigue which is apparently sometimes a symptom for endometriosis..
Definitely go see an gyn that specializes in endometriosis. I had symptoms such as yours in the beginning and ignored then until one of my ovaries ruptured and I was faced with emergency surgery.  They can preform an ultrasound and other tests that can help determine where you are with it if you even have it.  I would just say that nothing good will come from waiting on it.  Just go.