Women's Health Community
Excessive Bleeding After Tubal Ligation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Excessive Bleeding After Tubal Ligation

I had a tubal ligation 10 days ago.  I am experiencing heavy bleeding which may be the early onset of my period (the bleeding began about 10 days prior to expected period begin date).  However the amount of the bleeding seems very unsual to me .. I am not in severe pain but any lifting of my toddler for more than a short time has caused sharp abdominal pains, etc. and wears me out. I have since stopped doing that!  However I am now bloated and bleeding bleeding bleeding.  It seems to "pool" so that when I sit down in the bathroom I get a very large amount "rushing" out at once .... my periods, while heavy prior to surgery, never were like this, pooling, etc.  Is this normal??   Post-surgery I had several days of dark spotting but it slowly turned into this current active heavy bleeding.  No fever, no nausea.  This is only day 4 of the heavy bleeding.  Should I be concerned?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yes. Please call your doctor today to be safe.
Blank
YES CALL YOUR DOCTOR TO BE SAFE, WITH MY TUBAL SINCE THEN I DO HAVE VERY HEAVY PERIODS
Blank
Good news, things seem to be slowing down a bit. I am keeping appt with dr. anyway just to follow up, be sure, but I am a lot less concerned now.  Thanks much!
Blank
I had a tubal 9 years ago after my 4th C-section.  After I would have one day of heavy bleeding and then I would have a nasty brown discharge for about 2-3 weeks straight and then it was time for my period again.  My doctor then did a D&C and a thermal ablation to try to stop this.  It helped somewhat but I still have the discharge of old blood off and on for about 2 plus weeks.  Makes it difficult for my partner and I.  No odor just discharge.
Blank
I have had a TI about three months ago after my 3rd c-section and Now the heavy bleeding as started for about seven days. Before the TI I stayed on  for three days MAx. why dont the doctors explain all this to you it would save a lot of people a lot of hassle.
Blank
1533842_tn?1292318060
i had a ti done back in 2000 and sin then iv had very having bleeding and big blood clots i also had the coil and was told that will slow down the bleeding but it did would having a Tubal Reversal  help me in anyway
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...