Extra vaginal skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Extra vaginal skin

Okay so let me just start off my saying none of the topics seemed to fit this so I just picked one. I am almost 16. I am a virgin, but a while ago I noticed some extra skin around the opening of my vagina. I am aware of the inner and outer lips and I'm sure it is neither of these. The extra skin is painless and pink like the rest of my vagina. I just want to know why it appeared and how it can be corrected. It looks weird and is kind of embarrassing. Please help
A lot of vulvas look like a hamburger with fat lettuce hanging out.  A lot of women get their idea of what their lady parts should look like from either childhood (when the vaginal lips are still inside the vulva) or from porn (which is into genitals on women that look childish).  Don't buy into the notion that anything about your genitals is odd or unusual.  There are lots of ways for genitals to look, and except where they are mutilated by surgery, they are ALL normal.  As men are often told (but don't believe), it's not what you look like but what you do with it that counts.