Extremely itchy labia near vagina, no discharge
Ok, so I've been putting up with on again, off again itching for months on my labia, near my vaginal opening. Never "diagnosed" with HPV but I did get rid of a suspected wart this past year. Can you have a bacterial infection without discharge? It drives me CRAZY sometimes, the only thing that calms it is gold bond ointment, which is minty and refreshing but I'd like no itch. No "rash" that I can see, unless I give in and scratch. I take cranberry supplements to keep me flushed out for a UTI, which I was treated for last year. My doctor is unsupportive, and unhelpful-told me was due to regrowth from not getting waxed. I just want some facts to arm myself with before trying the doc (new doc) office again.

Any suggestions?? All you cooch experts feel free to speculate.
I am having a had itch. Not only that my labia minora has changed texture. Its bumpy and around my clitoris some bumps also that dont seem to pop...i have been to my obgyn and all she keeps telling me is yeast infection.... ugh....what do i do.... oh and something weird too. After taking a shower becomes very itchy and when both sides if my labia touch it becomes ectremely itchy...... am i the only one with this problem???? someone please help..... this has been going on for about 6months and im tired
I'm posting because I visited this forum when I was looking for answers.I suffered with the itching for too long. It was totally contained to the left labia area and the skin seemed to have thickened and was extremely dry when it wasn't swollen from the scratching. Never had a yeast infection so I knew it wasn't that but tried many of the things you've all tried, too. Finally went to my doctor and she referred me to a dermatologist who specializes in gynocology. That's right ladies - there are gynocological dermatologists! The derm took one look at it and prescribed an ointment called Protopic, which was to be applied twice daily. On top of that she said not to use scented detergents and to use a fragrance free body wash. I had tried using different soaps before and had not noticed any difference so I didn't change a thing other than to apply the prescription. Within a week the symptoms had totally ceased and they've never come back. So, I only used the Protopic for that first week although I keep it close by just in case. It's been nine months now and still all clear. I wish I had gone years ago. Hope this helps someone.
I love bubble baths I bet that would help irritate it more... thanks for sharing your experience!
Yes! I agree cold helps, hot/warm increases the itching too. I got a pack of those little water balloons, filled 2 up with water to freeze them. I did 2 so I could alternate. I just park one there and go to sleep. It works well because its small and balloon doesnt make wet because its contained in balloon. When I wake up, I rinse it off then put it back in the freezer.
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!
i have been anemic my whole life due to Crohn's disease and i have been on corticosteroids for a few months now and this itching in unbearable. yesterday i noticed i had angular chilitis again as well, why didnt this click before?! im off to bed and stopping past the kitchen to have an iron tablet!!
I have been suffering as you all have for 9 month all the same symptoms I decided to change Gyno after my long term gyno could not figure my problem only giving me more medicine to take! Well the new Gyno decided to do a byopsy on the area that was itching (which hurts by the way) :/ but one week later I have the answer it is Squamous Cells Hyperplasia as my dr put it its kinda of like" eczema " I was given a steriod cream I finally have relief! Good luck to you all.
good news for all~!  there is a cure.  I suffered for months tried all the otc meds none worked.  finally 3 Flucon pills plus 2 weeks of clotrimazle and Betamenthasone Dipropionate cream 1%/0,05% twice a day got me out of this horrific ordeal.  the pill and cream both need prescription.  and the pill took at least 1-2 weeks to fully working through your body.  and i stopped using detergent to wash clothing and worn no underwear to bed as Dr. advised.  also every morning i chop couple of clove of garlic mixing with chopped apple and plain whole milk yogurt as breakfast.  taking acidophilus and vitamin C as well.  At times it felt like hopeless.  But healing is a slow process.  Keep at it.  You will regain balance again.  Good luck~!
I have had candida albicans since I would say about 14 and these dumb *** doctors don't know nothing. I have had to find out so many things on my own like their killing us with this food the body is becoming more and more food sensitive which allows all of the **** to keep going on!
I am only 17 and I have had this off an on for 5 years. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with sex, birth control pills, giving birth, or reaching menopause. At least for me it doesn't, as I haven't been doing any of those things. Please just help me. :( It's driving me insane and I'm too shy to go to the doctor.
I have similar issues, with dryness and dry skin combing off when its scratched. I read about liquid silver its like a natural antibiotic and clears up bacteria and viral infections, you can take it internally or douche with it or put it on a tampon and put er up there. im gonna start taking it orally, and see how she goes. also acidophilus should help if there is yeast. if its a yeast issue, you need to stop eating sugar and white carbs, they make it grow like wild fire.  
Your symptoms are the same as mine.  I started with an intense itching about 2 days before my last period, then it went away as fast as it came.  2 days ago, it started again.  I am due to start in about a week or so.  I have been using Vagisil which seems to work but I have to use it several times a day.  But all I want to is scratch the mess out of it!  It's driving me crazy!
omg no you are not... Mine is terribly itchy, and even though I know im ripping myself apart, I cannot help to itch. It is also burning. I shaved a few weeks ago, and I also feel that the hair is kinda poking me. Like a stabbing pain. I too need help. I have tried so many things, and NOTHING is helping. I cannot even seem to find a pictue to match it....

Im going Cazy.. Feel Better
Just got back from GYN for itching on the labia.  She said it could be one of three things, yeast candida, lichens skin disorder, or vulvar cancer.  I now have to get a biopsy to determine which it is.  You can't tell by looking at it which one it would be.  I've had this for 3 years so I would highly recommend that you have a GYN test and treat you.  Don't wait and try to doctor it yourself.
I have been having a terrible itch and it is driving me insane. it started this past saturday. and before that i have been completly fine. :( i need relief or help, but i dont have insurance and i dont want to go to the emergency room with this.... :(
I use Vagisil and it works well on the itch; I also have dryness.  I did go to the Dr last week and told her about it.  She said I'm not in menopause, so that's not related.  However, she said to use Replens for the dryness and that should help.  Haven't purchased any yet so I can't say it helps.  I think she called it Vaginitis.  
To all you ladies suffering with the extreme itching, burning, stinging, and extreme sensitivity in the vulva area, I have been there. After every test under the sun, and no infection of any kind, I finally found a fantastic Doctor who prescribed me triest, the three estrogen's that your body produces when young. I was forced off the pill, by an awful doctor due to my age, and was plunged into menopause so severe that I had no idea what hit me. Never before had I had an issue. Apparently there are receptors in the vaginal area that are sensitive to estrogen, but I'm not sure which of the three in the cream. Also anyone at any age can have this condition,as our bodies are all unique as far as hormonal balance. For a woman in menopause, I am extremely lucky the hell is mostly over. The cream is just estrogen and glycerin. Once I started putting just a little directly on the spot two days ago, I am almost pain free, and it is a miracle as far as I am concerned. Too bad not all Doctors are sensitive to this reality. We live in a time that big Pharma rules, and since this triest can't be patented, so many of us have suffered with lies and scare tactics. I hope that someone is helped with this. You must have a doctor who can check your estrogen levels,make sure it is right for you, and it has to be made by a compounding pharmacy. Good luck to you!
I have had "the itch" for about a year now.  I have tried all the creams, yeast infection treatments, oils, cotton underwear, etc..  Nothing worked.   I then started to think back to when the itching started, and realized that it was at that same time, I started using garlic & herb, salt-free Mrs. Dash on my food, at the suggestion of my GP, to help lower my blood pressure.  I looked at the ingredients, on the Mrs. Dash label, and noted 3 spices that I never have eaten before.   They are all commonly used in Indian cuisine, which I never eat.   Anyway,  I stopped using the Mrs. Dash, and about 5 days later, the itch started to subside.  It has been 7 days now, since I stopped the spices, and the itch is gone!  I know it is too early to know if I really found the answer to the itch, but I am very hopeful!  I will come back to this site and post again, in about a week, to let you ladies know if I am still itch free!  Good luck to  you all.
I am sorry.  I forgot to post the 3 spices.  They are Cumin, Cayenne Pepper and Coriander.
i'm also hving itchic in my vergina all over sided......and i'm hving thick pieces from my vergina i'm really worried abt it...and my periods has not came yet plss suggest me what do i do?
Try baby powder or baby oil. I experienced something very similar to what you have and when i put baby oil over the outer parts of my vagina (NOT INSIDE) and sat down for about 5 minutes, i felt soooooo much better. Sometimes it is something simple like dryness or dehydration. Drink a LOT of water. It helps. But if it doesnt go away after a while or it gets worse, go back to the doc.
Your diet is causing the itching once you have ruled out STDs and vaginal infections. Be cautious with SUGAR, yes, sugar. Particular, you should remove from your diet:
Table sugar (white, brown, honey, sugar substitutes)
Complex sugars (rice, beans, corn, bread & pasta)
That includes sugar added in any products off the shelf. Preferably, you should prepare all your meals to be sure no sugar is added. Seriously.
I could not believe sugar in any form can cause this much pain and distress for so many, many years (15yrs), in my case. My vagina is free. I do at nights, some times, get a slight feeling to scratch but nothing that is concerning. It use to be extremely severe, painful and stressful every night for 15 long maddening years.
I have cut out all of those things as part of my low carb lifestyle.  Sadly, it hasn't stopped my symptoms.  :(
Hi....I've been suffering from vaginal itching for about 6 months and it was driving me crazy.  I ordered some Diprosone cream (15 grams) which is for eczema I believe from Amazon.com.  It cost about $15 for the cream and the shipping.  I think it's a prescription cream in the U.S.  Anyway, after about 1 week of using it, my itching is completely gone.  So hope this helps someone.  
I am having the same symptoms! Itchy vagina and anus area, also a burning sensation when urinating. I have been to the doctor and a yeast infection has been ruled out! They don't believe that I have a uti because I am mainly itching in the mornings. Waiting on test results to come back for parasites. They have told me to discontinue itch creams that it could make it worse, there for all I can do is sit baths! This is driving me insane!
Hello everyone...welcome to the not so nice club!  I too am a sufferer of vaginal itching.  Drivesme out of my mind...particularly when the cycle of itch, scratch, itch, scratch starts...no relief..

However, I do have what is called Lichen Simplex....it causes much of the itching, dry, flaky and whitish skin, even around the lips and buttocks.  I am using Clobetasol Cream (prescription).  Yes, it helps, but not all of the time.  I have resorted to just accepting this annoying and depressing problem the rest of my life.  Don't get discouraged...it may work for you.  Best Wishes
I have been reading so many posts with the same symptoms . All say family doctor or OBGYN can't find cause. One says too much acid, another it was a fungus or something like it. Even blaming the hormone spike at that time of the month. I'm 66 and have no hormone spikes, acid problems, or any infection that causes labial itching. It has affected so many different ages of women, and no one know how to relieve the itching, and evidently no cure.
I accidentally found a prescription cream that works for the itching. I apply it, liberally, to the outside of the top of the labia, and then continue across the top and down the other side, Eventually the area gets smaller, then stops itching. After it quits itching apply every 3-4 nights. I was given a tube of this cream,Triamcinolone Acetonide cream, a cortisone cream prescribed for a horrible burning and itching reaction to a salve, I had, containing Lanolin. I'm allergic to lanolin and was climbing the walls, so went to ER. Received a steroid shot and that cream. Face cleared in 2 days. I was suffering with the labial itching at that time but after the shot itching disappeared. It returned when the shot wore off, after4/5 weeks. When itch returned I used the cream they gave me, had cortisone in it. Itch went away for 5 days but then I had to use it again, but it does work for the discomfort of the itching. You have to get it from a doctor. Many ladies ended up at the dermatologist, it really is a skin decease.Hope this helps! (:-)
Well I have been dealing with this itching for going on 2 years now. Dr's have treated me for yeast and test come back ..NO YEAST INFECTION. I said well maybe it is something I am consuming. I started taking mental notes to things I eat and when it starts back itching , I stop eating what I had been consuming , which was a lot of Milk ...whole milk...and wow..so for, been itch free! .and it has been so nice not to have to deal with such and embarrassing problem, that no Dr., so for, can find a cure for in my case. Been 3 months free  of the itching and burning now ..no milk for 3 months. So hopefully this is what I have found to be a end to my ordeal. So if you are consuming whole milk , skim milk, or any milk that is not organic( which I have not tried to see if it is ok for me) maybe try staying away from milk for awhile ...Just may end your ordeal with the unwelcome problem that seems to be no cure for...from a DOCTOR.  :)
in asia there are so many herbal pills that cure this problem either it is yeast infection of involving any discharge ...if you want to konw more about something that you can take to solve this problem u can contact me on my email ***@**** maybe i can help ... been having the same problem and cured also suggested to many friends of mine and they are free from this embarrassing and torturing problem
I've had this for 7 years (no pun intended)!  For me it's turned out to be eczema.  I have to use emollient cream to wash daily & moisturise 3 times daily.  Topical steroids for flare ups.  I've not found a permanent solution yet but the above things ate generally managing the worst of it.  I think stress, heat, alcohol & hormones seem to trigger it too!  It's so annoying & I feel gross sometimes :(
I didn't realize this was so common.  I'm 68 and it began with lumps appearing on my labia.  When I wiped, I felt like I was on an obstacle course with moguls here and there!!!  Seriously!  what a mess!  One would go away, another would appear...all sizes.  But none were ever really painful until this last one which is slowly going down...I used a triple antibiotic ointment with pain relief and it worked immediately!  The itching started shortly after the first lump and I've been bathing my whole vagina in A&D Ointment alternating with a triple antibiotic ointment (without pain relief).  It helps keep the itching down.  I am so grateful for this site and all the input you ladies offered.  I am going to start watching my diet and taking this it more seriously.  Also, the info on detergent, scent free stuff, has also opened my eyes.  Ah, this started when I began using Equate Body Wash with shea butter.  Stopped using it after a couple times.  Am stopping the anti-bacterial soap in the private parts, stopping the use of Carefree light scented shields.  I've been wearing them for 40-some years. Gosh!  Who'dda thought it!!!!  Live and learn!  Thanks again, Ladies!!  The Lord bless each of you!
I have the same problem and searched and searched for something to STOP the itch!
What I'm using works (for me)!
It is LANACANE Anti-Chafing Gel
It's in a tube, not messy at all and easily washed from hand after use.
BEFORE applying have clean hands and clean area with an adult wet toilet tissue. I use Charmin and have learned to have my "kit" with me at all times! Find a small pretty make up bag that will accommodate the tube and wipes.
Hello ladies,

I have been dealing with similar symptons for years and been given different drugs, creams and diagnosis from many different gynos with no releif. I shied away from having a biopsy of the labia, but now think I will go back to same gyno to schedule the procedure because I came across this article. I suggest everyone read it as it is quite informative to these issues/ conditions that we all seem to be experiencing. Best wishes for quick healing and relief!

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletters/Harvard_Womens_Health_Watch/2008/November/Managing_common_vulvar_skin_conditions
Is that right. I'm a very young 60 yr old. In the last 2 months I've had two bout of unbearable burning, itching, dryness problem with flakes, of all things. Dr has checked and medicated twice. There is nothing. No changes in lifestyle. Next he says he'll do a biopsy. I do not want that. What else could it be?  Please help.
I have been suffering from these symptoms for a few years now. Very recently I have started eating grain free because it makes me feel like crap (basically eating Paleo style) My symptoms have COMPLETELY GONE AWAY! I hadn't even realised I wasn't itchy anymore until I stopped & thought about it one day!
I have been researching lots on going grain/wheat free and finding out some pretty amazing things. I challenge you all to look into it. You may just be surprised at what you find :)
what solved the problem for you?
I stopped eating wheat germ and wheat bran that were added to morning oatmeal and within two days unbearable itch to left side of scrotum (male homologue of female labia) was gone. Not all grains have gluten to which you may have sensitivity -- get blood tested for sensitivity to gliadin and glutenin, both components of gluten present in wheat and rye grains.  I wash itchy area daily with cool water, no soap, on wash cloth and damp dry. Coconut oil rubbed onto skin gives me nearly immediate relief for several hours when itch became unbearable - there are research claims the oil has antifungal and antimicrobial actions, definitely it lubricates dry skin and nourishes hair root.  Hope this helps.
First75
My itching has been here over a year. It begins the moment I get wet, especially whenever my husband comes to me. It ruins our love making as I cant bear the itching that ensues once am so wet. He cleans me up and applies TCP and am fine but missing the sex. Its affected everything about me. When am in the market, am struggling to not scratch and I loose focus of the bargaining.  I have been tested for yeast, nothing.  I have tried all sorts of prescribed vaginal cream, tablets, etc...no show. Two years ago I had an implant in bicep for family planning. I am 34. I need assistance. Anyone advise plssss.
Hello Everyone,

I really hope someone can help me, I am 21 years old and have had an extreamly itchy Vulva for the last 5 years, My mother told me that i had very sensitive skin down there when i was a baby, but also found out that she used demestos on my nappies. Could this have caused this uncontrollable irritating itch that i can't resist itching, I've tried many different creams, Doctors have said it's thrush tried the creams they gave me but didn't work, I've had paps like 3-4 times, the itching becomes very painful where it begins to weep clear liquid I don't have a sex life because im itchy every day and it liquid gets in contact with the area it really stings/burns, it's not an STD or an STI i've also been tested for this.

I am sick of going to the doctors and they keep prescribing me creams and they never work! Please help me I am very depressed I just want it to stop.
Wow, identical to my situation.  When I was 30i went to my Gyn. Complaining of hot sweats and missed periods and he told me what yours told you.  My mom also had an early hysterectomy, so no info. from her.  Dr. Wouldn't even test me for menopause.  I suffered for 3 years in menopause before they tested me and found I was post-menopause.  I now have been suffering with this same awful itching.  I'm already om a gluten free diet, so it is not flour in my case...but I Do not know what the cause is.  
Ok, so I've been following this thread for a year now and haven't posted anything because I was doing my own research - until now.  I have tried everything listed in the prior postings or at least contemplated everything!  Here's what I have found to work for me:  gluten and dairy free.  OK, so I know how awful that sounds, it sounds awful to me too!  I love lattes, cheese and bread and pasta - but my diet was including more than I thought (of course I was eating organic but it doesn't matter) I was still allergic.  I started thinking about this:  I have had eczema when I was a very young child, and had it bad.  It has cropped its ugly head over the years but disappeared for a while then came back later in my 30's and 40's - I'm 46.  So I started thinking:  what am I ingesting every day?  Drinking lattes and eating cheese daily.  Ah ha!  Eating pasta and bread almost every day - ah ha!  I have cut them out and guess what?  My itching around my labia (vagina) has gotten so much better I can sleep at night!  My skin is feeling better and not so inflamed!  Now granted, this is a process it doesn't happen overnight.  You learn about so many foods that have dairy and wheat and sometimes when its too late (cause you've ingested it already) but as you go you will get better at it and there are so many wonderful recipes and foods out there for gluten free.  If you love pasta then try Barilla (from Italy located in Safeway stores) and its gluten free and so wonderful you don't even know its gluten free.  Get the book "Grain Brain" and you'll understand what I am talking about!
Also one other note that I want to EMPHASIZE:  it's not just gluten it's also dairy.  It could also BE ONE OR THE OTHER that you are allergic to.  So if you are on a gluten free then try removing all dairy - do your symptoms get better?  On a separate note, it could be hormones and estrogen dominance or not enough estrogen too, although estrogen dominance is more common but not spoken of by medical doctors.  I am estrogen dominant so I have been working on removing estrogens from my body for over a year now.  That's a whole other posting!  Let me know if you want info on that...
Read my reply at end of string....
LADIES! I have been reading almost all of your comments for the passed day because I have been having the same issue; redness and itchy irritation on the labia minora and occasionally around the anus. Now, before you judge, please keep on reading because I truly 100% believe that I may have found the culprit behind this incredible itch.
I'll start from the beginning...Late December I was given a med card for cannabis (I have extreme anxiety). Ever since, I have been smoking consistently (about once, maybe twice a week). During this time, I began to have this awfully annoying itch. Why I waited until now, I don't know, but yesterday I said enough is enough and I want to find a "cure". Upon reading this forum, I began to have multiple theories. But the one that just popped into my head could be the ONE. Naturally, TCH (prominent in cannabis) is present in your urine for up to a month. It is considered rare, but I am notorious for being allergic to many other plants and I believe I am allergic to THC. Peeing is something that happens (we all know that!) and it won't stop till the day we die. Cotton underwear, baths, creams, all of those things would never get rid of the main problem. I believe the same thing is happening to many of you. An allergy in your urine, I mean, not saying that you all smoke, but that there is something you are consuming that you are allergic to. I think some of us have come close to the culprit (take out sugar, watch your diet, etc). Maybe you aren't taking the RIGHT thing out of your diet. Nutrients (and it could even be preservatives) are the culprit. Unfortunately, with the chronic itching, what is in your diet could be something that is present in many foods. I suggest looking at ingredients, preservatives, ANYTHING that can be leading to this itching.
I'm not promising that an allergy in some food or preservative is the reason behind this irritation, but watching ingredients and preservatives, it may be. I say its worth a try. After all, the ones who have had this going on chronically, what does it hurt? There has been so many other things.
I may seem a little too confident about this, but you know when something just feels right? Well, this does.
TRY IT. It may be a lot of work, reading ingredients, searching preservatives, but I think it may be worth a try. And once you find the culprit, you will know what to look for and not have to suffer from that itch again. (Note that I think the worse the itching, the more you are consuming the culprit that causes the itching)
Hi...so sorry we are all having these difficult problems. I have not read all the posts but wanted to say that I was diagnosed by a gynecologist-oncologist several years ago with squamous hyperplasia and then eventually lichen planus of the vulva. (I also have a bladder disease called Interstitial Cystitis) The vulva itching is extremely painful and disruptive. The diagnoses was made via a biopsy in the doctor's office. The biopsy was not very painful and once she had the diagnoses it was such a relief to know.
I had suffered for quite awhile. I was given an ointment called Clobetasol (a potent steroid) for the Lichen Planus and hyperplasia. I use it twice weekly on the vulva area. It has helped quite a bit. Also rinsing with cool water several times a day is comforting too. I have been very fortunate to have found an excellent urologist and gynecologist. Do as much research as possible to find doctors who are very well versed in these issues. It makes a world of difference when your doctor is bright AND sympathetic. I am much better when using the ointment. I also wear white cotton underwear, use a detergent that has no dyes or fragrances, and do not use fabric softener. Best wishes to all.
had this same problem several years ago, and it just flared up again. The gyn I went to before advised me to use A&D ointment, but didn't clear it up, and she finally said I should go to a specialist.  Thankfully, it cleared up.  but no clue why, or what caused it.  So now am in the same dilemma. I just started using coconut oil tonight, and will see if that is more effective than the itch/rash cream, and the A&D Ointment.  With so many women going thru the same issues, I'm surprised doctors don't know the cause.  So I'm thinking it must be an allergic reaction to something....but if it was something in the foods we eat, why would it only affect the labia??  
there is no cure for this. its been a two year battle of remedies that dont work, doctors that are morons, moving, vacuuming daily, washing bedding daily etc etc etc. And silly me, id thought id won. But no. Not even close. they have completely re infested my third apartment. two weeks ago i had none, my body is covered now.  the mental destruction is to much to bear now. i wont even visit my daughter now for fear of infecting her with this living hell. i havent hugged her in two years. but theyre in for a surprise. i dont lose. ever. i know that they cant survive without a host so therefor the only logical solution is to destroy the host. and though i know what this means for me its a trade im willing to make now. ive thought about this for quite awhile and didnt come to this decision rashly living like this isnt living. ive come to terms and am at peace with it. And as i go ill know im taking these mother ******* with me. I hope those closest to me will understand after a day or two and forgive me for the inconvenience ill be putting them through. ok its time. for all of you in your various stages of this please do me a favor and DEMAND better from the doctors. do not pay them for their incompetance and hold them accountable for the lack of effort and caring
Ladies,
I have been struggling with a lot of the same symptoms.  They now seem to be gone.  I had a bartholin Cyst marsupialized and the itchy, dry skin that I felt is not gone. It's only been 3 days since the marsupialization and what I felt before is gone.  Just in pain from the procedure.  

I think the lump caused by the cyst was stretching my skin.  I think of it like a pimple on the cheek.  It will cause pain all the way up to the ear and even the jaw.  
I discovered the lump and told the doc to help me.  
Anyway, I  hope this helps you.  
oops, I meant to write, " I had a bartholin Cyst marsupialized and the itchy, dry skin that I felt is NOW gone."

Ask the doc to see if your bartholin glands are ok or if any of them has a cyst.  if they drain it you will feel much better.
good luck.
I can't believe I have never seen this forum but I am so happy I finally did. I have been having this strange pattern of itching over the last 2 and 1/2 years. It luckily doesn't happen every day or every week but suddenly it can happen (mostly in the night time). I wake up and itch, and then it won't stop until I force myself to go back to sleep spreading my legs like I am making snow angels. I did go to the doctor and he told me to try some yeast infection capsules, however this didn't make it stop because it came back eventually, and I do not believe that I have some sort of yeast infection because there is no discharge. So I have created this strange theory that it was caused by stress because I convinced myself that it always happened at stressful times, however I am not a stressed person. I had given up on trying to solve it, I just went with the crazy itching. So I read through a lot of the comments and evaluated if these problems and thankfully solutions could apply to me too. The answer of watching your food and drink intake is very important and this is also very important for the answer about the urine - and that there may be something you are allergic to or irritaed by (specifically in that area) that causes it. And be careful with toiletpaper, rubbing it down there can be like rubbing sand paper on another body part. Good luck to you all!
having bad bad itchying and sweating problem i cant take it anymore i asks my docter she say i was close Bld and that why the extremely  itchying please can someone tell me how to control the itchying  wend i leave on under cothes to lone it get s really bad but wend i have on none it ease some but not much what can i do please this just start it a month a go
I have to say that I came back to this forum for the same reason you did, and I was given the same thing. I went to a dermatologist who told me it was a condition called lichenification because of what may have originally started as a yeast infection but because I had scratched it so much, the skin had become damaged and was not itchy ALL THE TIME. She gave me a topical steroid to use at night for 1 week, then Protopic to use at night after that and since this regimen started the itching finally was gone for the first time in 6 months. It was the only thing that worked and I literally tried everything including trying to survive on 50 mg of Benadryl every 4 hours for weeks. See a dermatologist!!!!!!!!!
Girls, girls, girls, I have been suffering the itching, burning, sore feeling for 4 years now since I had my hysterectomy. I get bouts of it every few months and have tried all the creams to no avail. At last I found the answer .........
Live Yogurt. What an immediate relief.  Just apply it for a couple of days when
you feel the itch starting. You've nothing to lose by trying, it's cheap and no medical expenses involved!
I recently had a yeast infection and treated it with success this way.  I used Monostat ONE DAY treatment (which has a higher concentration of medicine so is a little more expensive but worth it).  You insert it at bed time.  It takes a couple of days to work but over those days, the symptoms decrease.  I also used vagisil wipes.  I would wipe the area and also put on a thick pad and then left the wipe on the area for about 15 minutes as it was soothing.  I also ATE probiotic yogurt --  Dannon Activia brand.  

I was better in three days.  good luck
I started developing itchiness all around my vagina (vulvar) last August 2014. And I am currently on TCM wash powder and another powdery medicine to steam my vulvar and my bum.

The Chinese medicine works so well and all my itch/ stings/ needle poking feeling/ sore feeling subside!! I am now feeling extremely normal on my vagina and bum! My Chinese doctor advised me to continue to use these powders till symptoms such as itch, dryness and redness/sore on the vulvar and bum disappear before stopping the application. I am sooo relief now. I came into the link and read that there are so many women out there suffering with many of you similar to mine case. I feel so sorry for you all and especially many are enduring such long period of time!! Seriously very bad to sleep and stressful! I broke down to cry few times because I totally lost clues and help to my severe itchy vagina! No doctors prescriptions seem to really works for me and each cream I applied just sting and made me jump after barely 10 mins!!

If you developed:
1)severe itch around your vulvar (with no other indicated disease) may also itch all day long!
2) have needle poking feeling or stinging feeling on the vulvar ( and especially more severe around Clitoris also) and not inside the vagina
3)Vulvar skin feels and appears dry and scaly
4) Also develop itch and sore around the butt ( after wash, both areas feel extremely stinging and sore

Some of guidance which I gathered to help lessen the cause of infection are:
1) I cut down sugar in-take (sugary in urine does contribute the growth of bacteria which can commonly develop quickly when our vulvar lost ph balance or severely destroyed by strong wash like soap and other liquid wash which contain greater ph. Our vulvar is generally a bit acidic during young age when fertility is high, and after menopause, vulvar is less then acidic then requires different virginal  cleanser.
2)Wear cotton undies
3) During menses, hopefully use less fibre irritated pad and if possible I do not use daily liner so not to irritate my vulvar skin.
4)Cut down on spicy food and if really want to eat, maybe less spicy.
5) Take supplement of Vitamin E family as Vitamin Es do good for skin. So vulvar skin will gradually grow and heal.
6)Increase your immune system so help boost body resistance to minimize infection.

Well I can only remember so much but I sincerely hope you all will find my message and links help you get rid of the agony.

Mrs Green
I was diagnosed with squamous cell hyperplasia. I've had nighttime vulvar itching (and sometimes anal itching) for 12 years, and I scratch off a soft film.I have my suspicions that there is a fungal root to it, but I am not certain. I also am hypothyroid and am compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations (not sure how these may play into it).

The clobetasol and other ointments they have prescribed over the years just end up irritating it more. The only other treatment they have offered was an estrogen cream, but I haven't tried it. I've tried various prescription and natural anti-fungals as well as an anti-fungal diet, and have not seen a change yet. I also do not wear underwear, and it seems that any discharge or sweating irritates the area, and it is often flared up around my period. Boric acid vaginal suppositories or Melrose/Palmarosa/Oil essential oil suppositories can take the edge off of a bad flare up.

I have recently discovered that detox baths before bed that include at least a 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar dramatically reduce the itching most nights. It's been my best management solution so far.

Good luck to us all - hope we can figure this out, determine the root of the problem and fix it one day!
I have Lichen sclerosus which is basically the same thing you have.What cream of ointment , over the counter can I use. The prescription cream is $250.00 for 2 oz, which I can not afford.
You and I have the exact same diagnosis, however I am just now getting some of the prescription such as the Clobetasol ointment and find that it is sooo expensive, $250.00 for a 2 oz tube and no insurance. Are there alternative over the counter ointments that are just as effective.  If you know or can answer more questions I would appreciate it.
I have been dealing with itchy vulva and clit for too long. After not being satisfied with my Dr. Diagnosis of bv I looked further. Turns out there is more than one type of bv, including one called cyclotic vaginitis. This matched my symptoms to a T. A warm baking soda sitz bath twice a day for a week and then once a week thereafter, has changed my life. I tried everything, this works so fast.
Wow , I am so glad  I   went looking , I thought I was the only one, I  am  71 and this started about a year ago   , at first I thought It was hormones , so I use a  little  cream for that , didn't help, then I thought  moistures , I don't itch  so much  until  I go to the bathroom and wipe,  then  it feels so  good to  scratch  I  bleed  at night I  do  in my sleep and  more blood . I have tired  cream for    jock Itch , help some  and  wash and  keep very  clean and make sure I am very dry  before I put on clean underwear . So the best  relieve is a big jar from Walmart  for  diaper rash .Put it on  thick and it will last until the  next morning  and when you go to the  bathroom   pat your self  and it will be good for   one full day  and by patting  you will not scratch  and I thought I was the  only one  thank you  all
what were you able to end up eating. Vegetables and meat?  I really think my issue is sugar/diet related.
I've had this problem for many, many years.   Oxyclean and Spray and Wash and other spot cleaners were the problem for me.    I had been using Seventh Generation clothes detergent and thought I was OK.   So I had to stop using these products and then get the remaining products from my underwear.     I soaked my underwear in Seventh Generation detergent, vinegar and baking soda and let it set for awhile, then rinsed over and over again.    The itching went away almost immediately.    I got a pair of underwear out of my drawer that had not been treated and the itching started again.   It has taken about a week for all the wounds to heal but now I am very sure what the trouble has been.
hi there i have a similar issue, been itching for about a year now both my rectum/anus and vulva.My gyno said it was lichen simplex, she prescribed me protopic, just wondering if the itch went away? or does it come once in a while? i hope this works for me im tired of spending tons of dollars on creams that dont work
wow thats amazing youre so lucky it worked for you,Has the itch came back at all?
my problem is the same thing i had a very bad yeast infection and i guess after it was gone my nerves kept itching this has been going on for a year now, my Gyno recently diagnosed me with lichen simplex and prescribed me protopic Im Praying to God it works im so tired of wasting my money on creams tha dont work ugh
whats the name of the Chinese medicine?
Can you find out what the Chinese herb formula was? I have been dealing with this issue for 10 years. I take chinese herbs for health in general and would be so appreciative to know what formula your TCM Dr. used with you. Thanks!!
Are you continuing to have success with your new detergent formula? Or have your symptoms returned at all?
Thank a lot and ill like to know that Any side effects of this cream let me know asap.thanks
I have been suffering from itching and fissures for almost 5 years.  I did a lot of research and tried a lot of natural things.  I went to dozens of doctors who gave me lots of different medication.  Biopsies, drugs for lichen sclerosis etc.  The suffering didn't stop.  Finally I decided to take digital pictures of what I would see often, but often hid when I saw the gyno.  the doctor said it was a recurrent yeast infection.  I was tested and it was candida.  She gave me a cream to use for 14 days and it got much better but still didn't completely go away.  I am now on weekly diflucan and the candida diet to see if I can fight this.  I finally have a diagnosis.  I knew I wasn't crazy and it was not in my head.  Just because the doctor's couldn't figure out what it was doesn't mean I wasn't suffering.  Some doctors told me to do Yoga or find something to relax me and it would go away.  Well I am on my 4th week of diflucan and 6th week of the CAndida diet.  Feeling much better but not quiet 100%.  Praying that I will soon.  I just thought I should share, to help anyone out there that might be going through the same thing.  NO you are not crazy, yes their is something wrong. No it's probably not cancer even though they can't figure it out. take pictures and have them test you even though it doesn't look like yeast, it could be.  My liquid looks milky.  Many docs before said it wasn't yeast without testing it.  This new doctor tested it and has tested every time I have seen them.  It is always Candida. I will try to update as I feel better but I hope this helps.  We shouldn't have to suffer!
I can't seem to figure out what is causing my intense itching. Sometimes it looks dry down there and other times it looks a little puffy and bright red with little bumps. No discharge and I shower every other day. I have allergies but I take my medication every day but the itch is still here. I don't use soap to clean down there only water. I use cotton panties and unscented and non dyed detergent. I apply an OTC anti itch cream which seems to sooth it for a while but I have to apply it several times a day. It has been going on for several months and I can't seem to figure out what could be causing it. Any body know what could it be or what could help? I am 24 and not pregnant and was tested for STDs last year and have been with the same partner for 7 years.
I am in my third trimester of pregnancy and for the past 6 weeks I've had an absolutely incurable vulval itch. My doctor thought it was a yeast infection, so I went on a 7 day treatment for Monistat AND two separate rounds of Diflucan. went back to the gyno since the itch persisted in my vulval area, but she couldn't see any yeast in her microscope. She prescribed the generic cream of Lotrisone, which has an anti fungal agent (clotrimazole) and I was so hopefully it would work after seeing many people post about it's success. However, for me, nada. I went back a week and half later, still with no resolution and the vulval area not improving at all - totally affected my relationship with my husband, my ability to concentrate at work, and my sleep...all of which I worried would affect my unborn baby. My gyno then prescribed a very strong anti-inflammatory steroid (started with a "c" and ended with propriate") which is basically the strongest steroid ointment on the market...NOTHING. I felt completely helpless. I do think this ointment helped reduce the inflammation, but certainly not the itch. The fact that the itch hadn't gone away and I had changed absolutely everything that could have been an allergen (used new, seventh generation detergent, bought new 100% cotton undies, changed bathroom cleaning products, changed air filters, etc.) led me to believe it wasn't an allergen. I noticed the itch seemed to get worse when I would apply the cream, so I started to let the area "dry out" and apply no cream and no underwear...it still itched, but not nearly as badly. I wondered again if the itch was fungal, but just maybe not a yeast infection (which would explain why my OB couldn't see it under the scope). So, I took out my husband's $5.99 athletes foot spray (Lotramin generic, 2% Miconazole nitrate) and sprayed it all over my vulva. Wow, did it sting the first time! BUT, the itching went away almost immediately. I have used it twice a day for the past week and it's been a miracle. I am 95% better. I'll still have an occasional itch here or there but the fact that it's a powder spray keeps the area DRY and I think keeps any sort of other fungus from growing. My OB and dermatologist said they would have never thought of using athlete foot powder spray "down there" but that it's completely safe for me to keep doing. I just wanted to share this in case there is anyone else out there who has been told they don't have a yeast infection....you may still have a fungus on your vulva! I'm so thankful to have a safe solution to help with this issue...I"m hoping in another week or so it's CURED!
Hi there just read your comment, Ive thought about this before but im trying other things at this moment hoping for a cure.My itch started with a yeast infection as well BUT the itch on my vulva / anus NEVER WENT AWAY
ive been dealing with this for a year now i have an appointment with a dermatologist this Wednesday (hoping my period doesnt come before means i would have to reschedule and wait another dam week to see her !)Anyway
Ive been to vulva specialists and tons of Gynos and they can Never find yeast so im hoping the dermo tells me its fungus related i hate this ! i hope to hear how youre feeling a week from now
http://m.md-health.com/Itchy-Labia.html
I have this same problem on and off for 3 years now. No infections...doctors have no idea...it is unbearable. I finally found something that works! Coconut oil! I swear by it. Put it anywhere down there where it itches and burns. Instant relief..by 2nd day...vagina back to normal.If your itchy inside you can slather the oil on a tampon as well.
Thank you,I just tried it last night instead of the Calmoseptine I had been using. It seemed to work better. I will keep using it and see if it is the answer
Fox Fordyce or maybe Hidradenitis Suppurtiva