Far back Cervix

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Far back Cervix

This happened at my last PAP:

The doctor was checking me, and says "hmm, you're cervix is really far back.. and to the right." I asked him, "uhh... is that okay?" To which he replied,"yes, it's a normal variation, probably genetic."

So, I guess that means my cervix is far back..to the right and it's a normal variation... but, what does that 'mean'? I asked my mother if her cervix was "far back and to the right" and she said hers was 'normal' and started to worry when I said that's what the doctor said about my cervix. She scrunched her face and said "so is that normal, what does that mean?" Doctor said it was fine, but I really don't know what the terminology would be for it...I have not asked my grandmothers or other women in my family yet about their cervix placements.

I'm wondering if there's some special name for this so I can learn more about it. Has anyone else been told this and given more information? I've looked on the internet and found a couple of explanations for uterus placements, but the focus was on uteri tipped forward, which I know I don't have because my doctor felt my abdomen to make sure I didn't have one. I am not sure if you need a special looking cervix in order to have a certain type of uterus, or if these factors are interchangeable. I know your cervix naturally fluctuates in softness and position throughout your cycle, but it just seemed a little weird that my doctor would mention something if my cervix looked...well, like a "normal variation". If anyone has information, I would love to know because I can't find information and the doctor gave me a very brief explanation. I've since asked other doctors about it and they just look at me like I'm a nutter. Is this because they are not specialists or because this far back and to the right is uncommon? My main menstrual symptom is lower back pain (Not sure if that will offer more insight for answering my question...). Thanks everyone who replies.  
did you ever find anything out? i just had a pap done and she said that mine was far back and down..... thought it was kind of weird ....lol
Hi, I just had my pap as well and my doc said: "wow your cervix is really far back" and that was pretty much it. So now I am researching about it and all I've found is related to pregnancy which I am not. Any info you ladies can share is appreciated.
Paxiled commented on Individuals with soci...
55 mins ago
specialmom commented on Jade59's status
gymdandee commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals