Women's Health Community
Feeling pregnant
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Feeling pregnant

Hi. I've been taking HPT's for quite a while now, and all of them have come back negative, even 2 Beta hCG's. I've also been having what seem like normal periods, although this month I had brown spotting in between, it was discharge like and a lot lighter than my normal period. I was due for my period on the 15/12 although I have not come on yet (20/12). I have had every symptom of pregnancy apart from missed periods and a positive HPT/BhCG. At the moment, my stomach is definately swelling like mad, unless I'm daft. I also keep feeling these weird movements in my abdomen, like flutters and is I have a trapped nerve along with pulling or clenching feelings. They're very spontaneous, and happen on left and right sides, sometimes higher and sometimes lower. I was wondering if they're is maybe a possibility of being pregnant afterall? It does feel as if I am, as strange as it is. Thank you for comments, Kay x
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there,
You said you have every symptom of pregnancy apart from missed periods and a positive HPT/BhCG.  But those two things are a pretty big deal.  I would venture to say you are not pg.  

The swelling is probably bloating because you're about ready to start your period (being late like this is not uncommon).  The flutters you feel are probably gas bubbles.  I am not pg and once in a while I get a flutter that feels exactly how it felt when I first felt my son moving.

Period symptoms are almost identical to pg symptoms in the very beginning like this, so without a missed period and with negative hpt's then I'm pretty sure you're not pg.
Blank
You also don't feel fetal movement util well into the second trimester especially for first time moms.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...