Feels like something caught in my throat.

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago because of burning from my throat all the way down to my stomache, I also had been horse on and off he told me the horseness was probably due to allergies and prescribed me flonez, he also gave me 14 day sample pack of Prilosec, he thought because I had to take Prednzone for a spider bite a weeks before that the steroid might have aggrivated my system and caused me to have acid reflux, since taking the Prilosec the burning feeling is gone, the horsness also is gone as long as I don't sleep in the living room with the air conditioner blowing on me, but for about 2 weeks maybe a little less I have feet like there is something in the back of my throat, sometimes I don't feel it and I think it's gone but then it's back,does any one have any suggetions??
Avatar n tn
I don't really know. Do you have white things in the back of your thrat. Take a flash light and look. there is a post on here about it. i would see an ears throat and nose doc. I hope you feel better. I'm sure it is aggrivating to you. Wish I could help more.
Avatar n tn
I will get tested for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, I just looked it up and one of the side effects is weight gain, which I have had, true I've had 4 kids but after the first 3 I've gone back down to normal size about 125 lbs without diet or exercise but I keep gaining no matter what I do, I've told my husband something wasn't right, even though he says because I'm 33 and not 23( I know that has something too ) but the Hasimoto thyroiditis would make more sense, what did they do to treat you?? Do you still suffer from the symptoms??Also did the feeling of something in your throat come and go or was it always there??? Thanks for the imput.
Avatar n tn
go check out the "thyroid" forum. they talk/ask about the same things you are wondering about. just scan the post and that should help you out a lot!!
I once had an xray because I felt something was stuck in my throat...along with a raging sore throat.  Years later I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.  Also the hoarseness is a symptom.  A blood test is necessary to diagnose thyroid disease...make sure you get a copy of your test and check it out for yourself.  Many labs still use an old range and doctors don't realise you have thyroid problems.
Avatar n tn
I went yesterday to the doctor to have my thyroid checked,Please pray that's it I know that may sound odd but I would rather it be that and I can have it corrected with meds. than something like throat cancer, I'll let you know, thank you all who have responded it has really helped me, Bless you all.
Avatar n tn
ive had something felt stuck in the back of my throat for about 7 months now, sometimes it goes away and sometimes its there, no pain, i can swallow fine, my ear hurts as well and i dont know what to do, i am scared.
Belle313 See journal for 5/24/16 Comment
KTowne commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals