Fibroadenoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Fibroadenoma

I noticed a mass in my right breast early in June and had it checked out. Dr. checked it again about 6 weeks later and ordered a fine needle biopsy which returned normal. So it confirmed that it was a fibroadenoma.

Basically since then, the size has fluctuated with my menstrual cycle but in general, it's still growing. So the size at roughtly the same time during a cycle has more than double. About 1 week after my period, it shrinks back down and a size difference is only noticable say if I soap myself in the shower. But from then on, it just grows and grows, becoming more and more tender the closer I get to my period (the rest of my breast/the other one is not tender at this stage). Basically, from about the end of week 2 after my period, the size difference becomes visually noticable. Now, it's so sore that when someone gives me a gentle hug, it hurts.

Basically, my question is, when will it stop growing and/or how do I/can I do anything to aid this process. I understand that it's hormones but still, it's getting rather irritating
Oh, I also should mention that I'm in my early 20s