Gas pains and Acid problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Gas pains and Acid problems

To start off I have had stomach problems since I was 17. I suffered for years and got worse lost a lot of weight from being so sick all the time. In Feb, 2011 I got my gallbladder removed. It seemed to help me but I have still randomly had stomach problems. My GI doctor and other doctors just basically keep giving me different types of acid reducers but their all about the same to me and they don't always help. I'm able to eat now and I have gained a lot of weight since 2011 (which now I would like to lose some weight) but now my main problem is acid buildup which causes a burning sensation and I will get nasous from it until I eat something if I don't eat I will feel real sick from it. Which I think is whats causeing me to gain weight. Acid reducers just give me a lil more time till I have to eat but I still feel sick until I'm able to eat something. My other problem is trapped air and belching. Its a very uncomfortable feeling and this happens often. Its kind of painful and its hard to eat with the air all in my stomach. Sometimes it feels like I could throw it up like I use to when I had my gallbladder but now I just dry heave and the air stays usually until 24 hours. It can happen just because I took a sip of milk (happen last week) or a sip of coke which is what happen to me this morning and now I'm paying for it. If I take Beno before hand I'm usually ok but sometimes I do ok without it so I never know. Once I get the gas pain nothing helps. I just have to wait it out and suffer. I have tried Gas X, Beno, all kinds of acid reducers, anti nausea meds, and Probiotics. I don't even get to see my real GI doctor anymore its only his assistants and I have told them all of my symptoms they just try me out on different acid reducers. I asked what should I do about the gas they just said theirs not much I can do about it because its mainly caused from what I eat but that's not true sometimes I'm able to eat and drink without taking anything and I'm fine. I don't want to be like this forever its very miserable and frusterating. I just recently started babysitting for my friend and I noticed that when I have to wake up early in the mornings I get sick weather its acid and nasuea or gas pains all day. I hate feeling like that while trying to work. My boyfriend also has stomach problems and he gets real nasous and throws up acid or whatever he ate for dinner every morning right before he has to go to work and he usually gets better but some days it lasts all day. When hes off work hes fine. Its like something in the mornings triggers our stomach problems and makes them worse. I would just like to get to the bottom of this. Does anyone have any ideas whats good for gas pains? and whats the best kind of acid reducer? Any extra tips would be helpful. Thanks.
For your symptoms gastroesophageal reflux disease needs to be ruled out. The other possibility is of   peptic ulcer disease. The symptoms are maximum in the morning due to the reflux of acid in the lying down position at night. Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy is a common way of diagnosing GERD. Elevation of the upper body at night is recommended as this decreases reflux of acid from the stomach. Diet modification is essential - avoid the substances that increase your symptoms. You could take some over the counter antacids - approximately one hour after meals or just before the symptoms of reflux begin after a meal. You need to talk to your doctor about proton pump inhibitors and other prescription medications for GERD.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello, I have had 2 upper endoscopys. One was a few months ago. They just say I have to much acid and a little inflammation. I have tried several acid reducers and proton pump inhibitors their all about the same to me. They just give me a little extra time until I have to eat or I will still feel real sick. Sometimes eating or drinking certain things help the acid but can make me get the gas pains and belching then other times Im fine and can eat/drink whatever I want. I'm not exactly sure what peptic ulcer disease is but I have been checked for ulcers. I talk to my doctors all the time their no longer much help anymore. All they do is put me of different acid reducers but acid isen't my only problem. I just mainly need something to help reduce the gas pains and to keep them from happening. My grandpa had similar symptoms as I do most of his life until he had heart surgery it somehow fixed him but docots never did figure out what was wrong with his stomach or how heart surgery helped him. So my family thinks I probably have whatever it was he use to have. Doesnt help me much though since they never did find a dignosis.