HTA procedure: What's it like?
Has anyone had an HTA procedure done recently? My doctor is sure this is what I need. It sounds like a better option than hysterectomy but I'm not sure. My doctor told me the procedure is similar to the Hysteroscopy I recently had done...is this true? I know I need to do something about the never ending periods I have been experiencing lately. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
HI shadow I had the HTA done may 23 of this year.  It was super easy.  I had no cramping or any pain what so ever afterwards.  I had (& is normal) a watery pink discharge for 2.5 weeks and now  I have nothing.  Still too early to tell if the periods will stop all together but even normal periods will make me happy.  I am glad I did it!  You are aware that you can have no more children after.  I have 2 and am done so it was a good choice for me.  Just a down side to the procedure.  If you have any ?'s I will gladly answer for you feel free to email at babymelyo at yahoo dot com. of course fill in the at and dot with symbols!
Thanks for the info. I am aware that pregnancy afterwards is not an option. My husband and I do not have any children due to various health problems. We are planning to start adoption procedures in 2007 if all goes as planned. Thanks again.
adoption is wonderful!!!  Congratulations I hope the procedure works for you if you decide to go that route.
What is HTA??
HTA is short for Hydro ThermAbualtion. Basically the doctor inserts a thin tube filled with heated saline into the vagina to eliminate or "cook" the lining of the uterus. I am hoping it greatly reduces my menstrual cycles as 15 days is getting a bit bothersome. If this does not work, a complete hysterectomy may be needed. My procedure is scheduled for July 13 and I am on a low level hormone until then to reduce the build up. I am not thrilled about needing to have this done, but I need some relief.
I had one done about 4 years ago, and praise the Lord, haven't had AF since.  One note of caution though, don't have ANY sex until after the two week mark, like they tell you.  I felt fine and thought everything was "good to go".  I ended up with yeast and BV infections for a year and a half.  They said it was from all the antibiotics they run thru you during the surgery, but I still think the sex played a role as well.  But no biggy and it does work.  Good luck!

Pam
I had this procedure done abou 2 weeks ago in the docs office under just pain medication.  I wouldn't recomend being awake during this to anyone, it hurt really bad.  I would do it under anesthia though.  Im not sure if it has helped my bleeding probs yet its too early for that.
I had the a hta done July 9,2011 It's Aug It's a month now, and I still came on bleedin heavy.My doctor told me give it sum months I should see a change.So I don't know if it really work right I'm sayin no,But if I see a change sum months from now I will keep you post.
Sorry to hear your woos, I am considering getting this procedure as well but the more Im reading I am concerned I will eventually need a Hysterectomy in my later years...so Im thinking I should just do it now (Uterine hysterectomy)...??

hi I've got 6 Weeks to decide wetha to have this procedure done im rather worried about it as my stomach bloats regular now!!! and don't fancy a hysterectomy later in life im 44 with 3 children so children isn't my worry ...I just don't think I can live with a constant bloated stomach I no it sounds daft but this gets me really down!!! I have 6 weeks plz help im very emotional about this and cannot stop crying x