Help with unidentified skin issue!
I've been in a five year monogamous relationship, and I've never seen any signs or anything questionable on myself before.  I've never had an STD, and less than six months ago had my annual pap smear in which she said everything was great.  I don't recall noticing this at the time or I would have asked.

My boyfriend started pointing out something in the area between my anal area and my vagina.  It did not spread or get worse, it was just there all the sudden one day.  It is almost like a wrinkled grayish skin discoloration, and I have noticed that the same discoloration (under bright light) that goes down to my anal area.  I thought this was just shaven inflamed hair follicles, but now I am becoming more paranoid because it's taking on a more ruffled, or wrinkled appearance.  When my skin is together it looks like a lumpy grouped bump type of shape, HOWEVER when I pull my skin taut just a little, it just looks like normal skin.  I don't think a genital wart can be pulled taut to look normal without much effort?  I examined it, and pulled apart skin but all I see is a tiny hair follicle like bumps, that's in line with the rest of the hair follicles on my buttocks etc.  I see no flattened bumps or white bumps.  When I did a vinegar test, I didn't see anything white.  When I picked at my skin a bit, all I saw were normal hair follicle type of bumps, no bleeding or discomfort.  I haven't had any itching or signs/symptoms. Also, when I stand up and lightly touch that particular area, it just feels slightly wrinkly.

I'm just really scared, and I've worked myself up.  I will go to a doctor, even though I was just at one not long ago.  I just need a bit of help before I go in because I can't go in for a few days.  If this is not an STD, are they skin tags, blocked hair follicles, just discolored irritated skin from shaving, keloid of some type, fordyce's spot?  I've looked all over the internet but I can't find anything similar, only Genital Warts, but the cauliflower shape that actually forms the cluster of warts in the images is just skin on me.    What is causing the wrinkled, and ruffled, bumpy appearance.  And if this is possibly some STD, wouldn't it mean my partner more than likely (90%) with almost certainty gave me something recently?  I mean it's been five years... I know viruses CAN become active years and years later, but I think I would have shown some signs or at least the worst signs a few months after first contracting it.    Also, if this is not just some weird skin thing, and since we are sexually active, wouldn't the blatant warts be very contagious and spread to other parts of my body or anal region, mouth, inside the vagina etc?

Thank you so much in advance for your answers!
The only thing I can think of, besides just general a change in skin tone that produces wrinkling, is lichen sclerosis.
It can be due to eczema or atopic dermatitis. You may try calamine lotion on the rash. You should also maintain hygiene and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or petroleum jelly applied directly to wet skin after bathing.

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a gynecologist. It does not look like a STD.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.