Hormone imbalance

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hormone imbalance

Here goes another question. For the past yr Ive been having recurrent yeast infections...I got off the patch, not currently on any bc and Ive seen the difference while Ive been off it. I used to get it every single month, now I dont so Im guessing it relates to the bc. My dr mentioned that this can all be caused by the ph of my vagina so I usually try the boric acid once I feel one coming. Now about the hormone imbalance, Ive noticed that my hair over the past yr has been falling out a lot... Im dr says this too is related to hormones..has anyone gone thru any of this??
Hi, as a starting step, you might go and have your thyroid checked, this includes a complete thyroid panel as well as thyroid antibodies, to check for auto immune disease of the thyroid.  I too, have many symptoms as well as thinning hair.  The thyroid has a way of effecting every function of your body, also your periods, also hormone imbalances have a way of altering your pap smear results.  Just a thought, a lot of thyroid onset is started after the birth of a child and also the use of birth control.  Just a thought, Have any more questions, jump on the thyroid forum, you might just read some of the threads on there and see how your symptoms might compare.  Good luck Shannon
I had the same problems and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism.I found out by accident. I went in for a pap smear and the dr. found an enlarged ovary which has to be removed.I'm 49 and premenopausal.But the dr. took bloodwork because I was having two periods a mo.That's how I found out about the hypothyroidism.I think my ovarian problem and thyroid are both autoimmune diseases,stress,hormonal. It all seems to run together.
I had my thyroid check not so long ago becuz I mentioned it to my general dr. She did a whole physical on me and everything came back normal. I even took the results that included my thyroid results to my dermatologist. I also thought that was the case since my mom has that but turns out it wasnt it. Is there anything I should do?
I think that I had  my thyroid problem before it showed up in a test. I've heard that it happens to other people.But stress will effect the immune disease and can cause other problems.I would keep getting checked for thyroid problems every six mo. or so, if I were you.
Hi Shannon...well if I do have this thyroid problem, I guess it didnt stop me from concieving either b/c I just found out Im expecting!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, do you have kids? did you have problems conceiving?
Hi there, I have 3 kids, a 12 year old and 5 yr old twins, I have never had any problems what so ever conceiving, which is strange to me, since my hormones are a jumbled mess, of course my thyroid problem happened directly after the birth of my twins, so I'm not sure about now, haven't tried.  Shannon
Thanks for your advice. I made an appt with an endocronologist for the 11th to get that checked. Honestly I hope its nothing but its better if I do this now than later. Im 22 and I have so many weird things happening to me lately, the yeast infections, gain weight (not a lot but from how skinny I was, its big to me) and now hair loss. I try not to get depress becuz it could be worse but its hard. I will keep you posted. Hey do you have children?  I would like to start on having a family next yr and I want to know if u had any problems concieving?  Thanks again.
I have a question I've noticed since I got my tubes tied 5 years ago almost 6 my hormones seem to be all out of wack 1 minute i'm happy next sad next mad I'm hot all the time break out in sweats exspecially at night early morning I heard that having tubes tied can cause u to go through menopause early is this true I'm 29 yrs old. Its worse now than ever Please help!!! I feel I'm loosing it!