Hormone issues?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Hormone issues?

I think im having hormone issues but the blood test appears to be normal (have to chat my doctor more about the results though).
Here is what has happened so far:
August: Diagnosed with ovarian cyst
October: Told to go off the pill (yasmin). Had been on it for about 3 years.
November: Surgery to remove ovarian cyst, left ovary and tube. Anaemia. Did not have a period, due to come a week after surgery.
December: Haemoglobin was up again, first odd period (3 days of spotting before and after my normal 7 day period)
January: Period was completely off, 2 weeks of spotting, no bleeding. Increased hair loss
February: Hair loss continues. Period like december. Vaginal dryness.
March: Hair loss & vaginal dryness continues. Not due to have my period yet.

I had blood taken 5th of march. My february period started (properly) 24th of february. Im 23 years old, normal weight, no children.

I only got two results over the phone so far:
FFH or maybe FSH? 8.1
LH: 11.6

Is this normal? Doctor wrote it off as normal, but then why do I have symptoms? Is my ovary coping or are the results a bit low?
Bump
Ok so I found out FSH and LH is produced in a gland in the brain. Can anyone explain to me how you can conclude anything about how my lonely ovary is coping without testing for oestrogen (oestradiol) and probably progesterone and testosterone as well?

And how can you get a reliable result testing on day 12? FSH and LH spike up around that time.

Somebody please reply, this is driving me insane.

gjjl have to have an MRI with a ... Comment
KTowne, Des_a_rae, and Belle313 commented on KTowne's status
Belle313, gloryrose, and Shannon79 commented on Belle313's status
Feb 06
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals