How can I tell the difference between semen and cervical mucous?
I always read that a good way to know when you are fertile is to check CM.I know how to check the cm, but I am often confused between what is semen and what is cm. Does anyone else have this problem? How can I tell the difference? I have read websites like webwomb.com, but I just need another person's input. Since I am actively TTC, I constantly have semen inside my body and I find it hard to tell the difference. I want to start checking it every day and charting my temperatures since I have been TTC for 6 months without doing this and nothing has happened.
Um, the taste? ;)

Seriously, semen should be more liquidy, but I suppose this could be difficult to figure out.  Semen smells kind of ammonia-y, too but I really wouldn't want to be smelling my fingers after fishing around in there.

Good luck figuring this one out!
semen has a very distinct smell, smell it next time you are in contact. that is pretty much the only way to differentiate between the two, smell and taste.