How to treat vaginal friction burn? Please help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

After having rough sex with my boyfriend I usually notice a little tenderness. This time the pain lasted a lot longer so I looked with a mirror and noticed redness and something that kind of resembled a canker sore. Its really painful and feels like a papercut. I'm assuming that this is just friction burn but I don't know how to treat it. I have put some ointment on it but it doesn't seem to heal it. Does anyone know how to treat this or have any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it.
have you tried using monistat before. Its a chaffing cream and I use it where my thighs rub and where my bra rubs under my arm pit. Maybe try using it before sex and again after so you dont aggrivate it so much after. Use more lube durring and if you shave maybe wait a day to have sex after you shave.
Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking also he may have cut me while fingerings me. I'm not really for sure. I'm just trying to figure out a way to heal it now and nothing is really working.
Slow down there, ladies! Firstly the sore you are describing sounds very much like a Herpes sore, specifically comparing it to a canker sore and that it hurts & won't heal; it will eventually, but you'll still be prone to more sores, spreading them on both you and your partner as the skin sluffs & possibly spreading it to both of you orally. The only treatment for Herpes as it is not curable is suppressant therapy & during an active outbreak upping the the dosage while using a medicated cream version as well. Both need a prescription & diagnosis by a gynecologist.
Monistat is NOT a chaffing cream, and should not be used for what sounds like rugburn due to vigorous sex, or possibly his "scruff" rubbing up against thinner, tender, more sensitive skin. Monistat OTC or RX IS a MEDICATION and is specifically used to treat yeast infections,not just symptoms which obviously can indicate something different. If you aren't a physician and have self treated, it was probably luck if the draw, or you actually had an infection. Keep in mind that the vaginal skin is not exposed to the elements & the closer you get to the entry  the more tender and sensitive that skin is. Outside of the vagina on your outer and inner labia and the surrounding areas such as the groin and pubic area you can use balmex. It'll help soothe and allow fissures to heal by protecting them from more irritation. You can also put it on the vulva or hood area but not under/ directly in your clitoris or in the entryway. Avoid tamping use for a while, and repeat sex, especially vigorous sex, oral sex, or fingering because it can cause more irritation and tearing. I also suggest using unscented baby wipes; feminine wipes have scents and deodorizes tgat can cause irritation & infection. (Ask your Dr. about tucks pads as well) You can also try refrigerating witch hazel (maybe not if there is an infection such as yeast, heroes, or BV) and dabbing that in in the same fashion, and taking warm, NOT hot, baths. Either way, most importantly see a Dr. for Dx and take time off physical intimacy, if you DO in fact have Herpes, even foreplay can spread it! And the witch hazel was directed to me by my Ob/ Gyn.