Hysterectomy still have ovaries now pain
I had a hysterectomy about 4 years ago, they didn't take my ovaries, and had not one problem since, however, over the past week I have had on a regular basis lower left pain below my belly right where my ovary is.  I had alot of problems in the past with the left ovary, (5 cyst surgeries), can I still get cysts even though I have nothing in there to work with it. if it might not be the ovary what else could i be.  the pain i haven't felt for years and now that its there i remember why i chose the hysterectomy...thanks in advance!
I'm not sure, but you can still ovulate, right?  If you ovulate, you can develop cysts.  Could be.  Not sure though.
It sure could be a cyst.  Your ovaries don't know there is no uterus to catch the egg, so they can just go right ahead and ovulate.  Can't they do a needle aspiration rather than a surgery to remove the liquid in the cyst?
Had Right ovary removed at age 24 due to a Dermoid,  Had 4 healthy kids after that,  Now 52 ,  Have not had period for about 3 1/2 years menopause...just discovered Complex Cystic mass on left ovary 3x3cm.  Going to have it removed soon,  Option to have uterus removed at same time?  One doctors suggest to remove it, second states can leave it .  Up to me? Not sure what to do? As far as removing the Uterus at the same time.