I am so ill and getting worse with pregancy

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

I am 29 year old female:
I have been having these issues off and on since 2007. They seem like flares to me but I notice that when I get pregnant my issues get so much worse. I have miscarried 3 times. My first pregnancy was normal and had a healthy son and not one day of sickness. I was very healthy.

My entire body hurts and the pain goes from joint to joint in the matter of minutes. Sometimes both my knees get puffy. My knees and wrists seem to get the bulk of the joint pain. I have vertigo and now that I am pregnant I can't drive or walk down my stair without help. I have broken sleep all night from about 11 pm to about 9am and sleep the majority of the day waking for an hour at a time. I literally fall asleep sitting up trying to eat. No amount of rest helps when this happens.

My stomach hurts. Not sick, but it hurts to the touch painfully. I also have the morning sickness on top of that.

All of my symptoms:
Panic
low grade fever
swollen lymph nod on the neck on the right side. Found by dentist 3 years ago. Never fully went away.
night sweats
debilitating fatigue
hot flashes
cold chills
painful joints or painful body
sickness with exercise. I tired thinking it would make me feel better.
Vertigo
Joint selling in knees. Both knees at the same time.
Intestinal pain and extreme gas
Pain in colon and rectum

These are what happen when I have flare up, but these also get magnified when pregnant much much worse.

Been tested for:

Lupus: Negative
HIV:Negative
Celiac: Came back elevated.
RA:Negative
Infections:Negative

OB said I have low progesterone too.

I ended up miscarrying.
I am so sorry about your miscarriage and would like to know if you had any success with a diagnosis after that.  I will say two things. 1,if you have elevated celiac blood levels then you do have celiac disease.  Continuing to eat gluten when celiac can cause many many symptoms and miscarriage is a possibility as well.  Joint issues are common because gluten is causing a body wide inflammatory reaction. Not all doctors are aware of it and will say things like lower your wheat intake not realizing that it is actually killing you. 2: celiac and hyper mobility syndrome or familial loose joint syndrome tends to go hand in hand and the loose connective tissue includes your cervix and uterus.  I had to have a cerclage because even though my cervix looked normal it was extremely soft and flexible and I had had many still births beforehand we figured it out. It gave me wonderful baby girl.

Please please try going completely gluten free and see a perinatologist experienced in doing cerclages. My joint pain and looseness is so bad that I was in a wheel chair by the 6 th month of pregnancy. Try it and maybe you will have success.
Shannon79 commented on photo
1 hr ago
spider6 commented on photo
Shannon79, and KTowne commented on renae176's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals