Aa
A
A
Close
IUD, misoprostol, nausea after 4 days
I had a nightmare experience with misoprostol prior to an IUD insertion: severe pain and vomiting.  The IUD insertion was practically painless though.  It has been about 4 days since the insertion and I am still feeling very faint and uncomfortably nauseous.  Is this a common side effect to a small dose of misoprostol?  I have had unprotected sex with my long term boyfriend since the insertion, with no pain, but am worried about:
1) infection
2) pregnancy
3) the length of time for misoprostol side effects to last.

Is this normal?!
I'm very uncomfortable.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
nausea and lightheadedness are still there, 9 days after insertion.  strong cramping and a fever of 100 degrees F for only one day, three days ago.

just looking for recommendations.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Did you use misoprostol for abortion or did your gynecologist use it to soften the cervix before insertion of IUD? If you used it for abortion then get an ultrasound uterus done to check whether the abortion is complete or not. Otherwise the possibility of an infection also needs to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
563773_tn?1374250139
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
IUD, misoprostol, nausea after 4 days
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
16744917_tn?1451270439
Blank
gjjl have to have an MRI with a ... Comment
4 hrs ago
12940884_tn?1454283997
Blank