WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
If I'm pregnant should I take provera 10 mg?
by Evelise, Oct 27, 2005

I have already missed 2 periods. I went to the doctor and took a blood test that came out negative.  My doctor thinks I'm not pregnant. She gave me a  prescription for provera 10 mg.
I'm afraid because I had all the pregnancy symptoms and suspected pregnancy.
I've already taken 2 pills. what  if i'm really pregnant what can happen to the baby?

Please let me know if you had a similar situation or know anything about it.

Thanks,

Evelise
Member Comments (48)
by IWantToBeAMom, Oct 27, 2005
Your doctor gave you Provera to make you have a period.  

I think the test is correct.  If you've missed two periods and then took a blood test at the doc's office then you can be about 99.9% sure that you are not pg.

Now, you will take the Provera and you will have a period after you finish taking all your pills.  

To fully answer your question though, if by some crazy chance you are pg, then Provera would cause a miscarriage.  But again, being that you've been to the doctor and they tested you, it's about 99.9% sure you're not pg.

Good luck!
by IWantToBeAMom, Oct 27, 2005
Another thing....again, I'm sure you're not pg, BUT if you were then if the Provera didn't cause a miscarriage then it puts your baby at an increased risk of birth defects.

Why do you still think you are pg even after a negative blood test?
by Evelise, Oct 27, 2005

I missed one or two pills and had unprotected sex with my husband.

I felt really sick before I missed my period. I had dizzness nausea. I still have sometimes. I also have pain on my back and at the low abdomen. I could be pregnant or couldn't.

Thank you for your comments!
I appreciate that!!

Evelise
by chrimullins, Oct 27, 2005
hello .i thought i was pregnant a month ago after no af since august 6th. the pregnancy tests were negative and dr tested for thyroid problems and for pcos because they also could cause me to miss af. he put me on 20 mg provera for 7 days to start af and 2 days after last pill i had af start.i see a dr on monday about thyroid because it came back high so i think they will have to put me on med for it.but you sound like i did .i had symptoms of pregnancy also and i was worried because i had my tubes tied in march of this yr.you should be fine .good luck.
by Celestia, Oct 27, 2005
And let's not forget that if you're worrying about it and such, you can psychologically cause yourself to have pregnancy symptoms when you're not pregnant or in anything.  I hope everything goes well.
by IWantToBeAMom, Oct 27, 2005
Yes, chrimullins makes a good point - pain in your lower back and abdomin could very well be cysts and could explain why you missed a couple periods.
by Evelise, Oct 29, 2005

I'm trying not to think I'm pregnant. Maybe I am worrying too much. I'm taking  provera 10 mg.
Today I'm feeling very sick, nausea and dizzy. I think it's normal and hopefully my period  will come.
I would be happy if I knew I was  pregnant, but now that I'm taking provera I better not be.
Thank you for your comments. I'll let you know how it goes.

Evelise
by moimoi, Jul 20, 2007
hi im 18 yo and i dont have my mens since 5 mnths i think.and i think im pregnant which i dont want 2 happen but after i had tested myseLf it appeared + and i want 2 take provera so that i can have my  miscarriage. . .does this heLp me in getting rid of the baby??
ls heLp me. . .im stiLL studying and im not yet ready for this it was an accident. . .ls help me
by tissant, Nov 07, 2008
I'm pregnant took the test and it was positive. I want to know if I take provera if it will make me have a miscarriage.