Im getting my Period every other Week....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Ok, so since June im getting my period EVERY OTHER WEEK..this is leaving me tired, and nausious. I have cramps that go down my legs and on my right side i have cramps,which feels like stabbing pain, and between my overies and the bottome of my rib cage on the righ side, it feels bruised.  I have been to 4 docs now, had blood tests to rule out std's and thyroid problems..all tests come back that im negative. I have had a pelvic and trans vaginal ultra sounds.  No one seems to give me a clear cut answer, all they tell me is they "think" i could be endometriosis or ovarian cancer.  But i have not gotten a real answer.  I can't keep doing this every other week..Im becoming very emotional and cry alot, which is out of my character, and the pain won't go away.  Im starting to get fevers now, I catch it usually at 100 and take advil to get it to go down. Can anyone PLEASE help me with this?  Also, I can't get pregnant to save my life.  I had an eptopic 3years ago.
Have you found out the cause of your bleeding yet?  I have been having the same problem for about 4 months now, I get my period every other week.  I have had thyroid tests done, pelvic and trans vaginal ultrasounds, which all seem to be negative.  I had cervical dysplasia about two years ago right after having my son, two months after having the bad cells frozen and removed I had a thyroidectomy, I am only 26 now and my mother died of cervical cancer at the age of 28, So I would like to know what the cause of this bleeding really is.  I am in alot of pain because of this, I bleed very heavy, I am tired and do not know what is causing this.  The doctor says that I am ovulating more than normal, but I am not getting pregnant.  If you have any more information on what you think may cause this problem please share.
I have started my period again after a week of being off of it. That cycle lasted a week. Before that, I haven't had my period for months. What is wrong with me??
I take thyroid meds and have cardiac issues, I'm 35 and had the LEEP procedure in 92 for abnormal cells on my cervix, but I have no other answers.  I, too, am having my period every other week.  I'm not on birth control and I haven't had sex this year.  I have 3 children aged 16, 12, and 8.

My last PAP in 06 came back abnormal, they did a biopsy and found what I already knew, that I have a chronically irritated cervix.

The only other symptom is severe PMS--VERY moody!
omg i had my period 4 a week and came write back on and i just got back on im sick of this......... :[ and im only 16 did u find out wat it was??
ok i am only in my teen year and i have hate my period everyother week, but i have no craps, and didnt know they started, whats wrong im scared!
sorry cramps not craps so my bad
i am 17 and i got the same thing a few months after i was due to get another birth controll needle my peiriod stoped only a few days then came back i got my needle again on wenday and nothing so far but i dont want to stay on birth controll my whole life just to stop it i want kids one day
I have been have my period ever two to three weeks and its really starting to irrate me what is wrong with me?!?
I'd been on the depo shot since January of 2009.  I stopped the shot about six months ago.  I've been bleeding every other week since the last week of January 2010 though.  I've had an ultrasound, but the doctor found nothing abnormal.  I don't get cramps per say, but I've been having lower back pain since this started.  My periods have always been irregular in that I just never had them yet now it's every other week.  I'm starting to get concerned especially when not even a doctor can figure out why this is happening.  If anyone finds out anything from their doc, please let us all know!!!
The pain that you are feeling might be ovarian cysts. It sounds like the pain that I have,and it is because I have one large cyst on my left ovary, and one that had burst which caused a lot of pain. There really isn't much they can do about that except put you on birth control. I was on the depo shot and that took the cysts and the pain away within the first month. Now I am on the regular pill and I am in constant pain all the time. My doctor said that there is nothing they can do for me.
Eventhough I am on birthcontrol, I sitll have my period about every other week. I'm not really sure what is going on. I'm only 22, but ovarian cancer and uteran cancer runs in my family. Now that I am done with college and have a good job with health insurance, I am going to see a specialist. If I find anything out about what it might be or what can help, I will let you know.
i have had the same thing i had my periods three times last month and have not come on this month i heard this can lead too not having children is that true
im having the same prob im only 14 and i dont know what to do i dont know about the cysts i havnt been to a  doctor yet but can you tell me what they tel you ***@**** thank you(=
im only 15 and ive started getting my period close every other week and if not just a few days apart and i dont know whats wrong with me. they last about as long as 7 days to more. it gives me cramps and lower back pain and makes me very moody also. if you could help me please let me know.
pls help i always have period every week! its just like a normal period because i always got cramps when my period starts! my doc said i should take birthcontrol pills maybe because of hormonal irregularities.. pls help me what are the causes and effects for having period every week! i dont wanna take pills coz it makes me fat! thank you so much for reading! hope to hear your feedbacks :)
I came off the Deppo injection a few months ago, and ever since I've come off it I have been having my period every week for 4 months! Is this normal? and also it's a bright red colour and some days it's really light and then other days it's really heavy!
For the past 7 months I haven't had a period.. not until 3 weeks ago.. I started bleeding a little.. more like spotting for about 5 days. Then it was over. I thought it was my period but I started bleeding again about 4 days ago, this time it is heavier.  I haven't been on any birth control and my last child was back in May 08'.  I have a feeling it could be PCOS but I'm not really sure.  If you have the same problem as me or similar please add me on yahoo. nj.mama.. thanks
i come of the depo only 3 mnths bein on it . when i come of i was bleeding for several months without a break . i went doctors and had tests and things seem to be fine but know they are every week . im tryin for a baby but the periods are gettin in the way
I have the same problem ive been trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Ive been on birth control since i was 13 because my period was only days apart im 21 now and i am so sick of taking pills. my boyfriend and i plan on having a baby within the next year but every time i stop taking my pills i wont stop bleeding. i dont know what to do anymore ive been to a couple doctors but none of them were any help. i just need an answer to why this is happening please if you find something let me know.  
I'm 17 and this has been happening to me since I was 14. When I was 14 I was put in the hospital for 3 months because I was bleeding so much that I could fill up a bucket in 10 minutes it literally poured out of me, plus I had the worst pains I had ever experienced in my whole entire life, I could barely walk. They gave me premerine IV's and eventually it began to get better. Recently it has come back and I've learned that I had endometreosis. Maybe you should check into that! I hope things get better for you!
hey, I am 12 and Recently I have been getting my period about every two weeks...Altough this Has only happened twice so far (so only this month if that makes sense?) and it's been worrying me, I am not going to tell my mom because she'll make a big deal out of it and tell my older brother who is 15 to embarrass me or just randomly say "So hows your period" D:

Can anyone help? I know alot of people on here are having the same problem but is it regular to have it this young?

they arn't getting any heavier or lighter though, just regular. And I have been on my period since I was 9 :( I could never go swimming with my old school :/ so if any one could help I'd really appreciate it <3
xxx
Amy
There is something that the gyno can do about ovarian cysts other than birth control. it is called  a laparoscopy (i'm not sure if that's the correct spelling) with an evacuation of the cysts.  It is common for women to develop ovarian cysts...some are more prone to them than others.  If they do not diminish after use of birth control than they need to be drained or removed before they burst. however women usually develop cysts prior to menstration which is typical and after menstration they fo away.  
I too have been having the same issue for the past 3 months. first they were twice per month and now they are every other week. I am scared. I went to the doctor and i had an ultrasound done earlier this week and i am awaiting the results.
im 40 years of age. i havent got my period since 2009, the last wast maybe feb 2010..and last week after a year i had period. It lasted for at least 10 days and the first day i had it was really bad! heavy and painful. But, i ignored it. The cramps gone and my blood stops and then few days i was happy as it stopped and i was getting just a bit watery blood or what u call-white blood but still red, then it started again last night! blood clots, went to my GP in May and she said maybe due to my diabetis as maybe my ovary covered by fats as i am a bit overweight...when i was 19 I had a hormonal imbalances that they perform D and C..I thought i was fine after as I had normal regular menstration, my GP told me to come back in april-i wasnt able to as work is hectic.Ive no kids-I had a cervical smear test last april and the result was negative.My GP said I am not ovulating, ive no pain though when i bleed for the last few days..Can someone advise me? thanks
I was 19 when i had a D and C (med term for like sunctioning blood from ur cervix?)..the Gynecologist told me I had hormonal imbalances. The Blodd nevers stops, i also skipped college for maybe 2 weeks when i was operated.
It is better to check it up at an early stage.

Now Im 40 years of age-no kids, married-im diabetic too. My GP here in Ireland told me that i am not ovulating, due to my high blood sugar poorly controlled by me! im supposed to come back for blood tests in July I wasnt able to due to work schedules.Had cervical smear test in april 2011 came back normal. When I went to an accupunturist(chinese way) as i have problems with my feet .she told me straight away, ure blood circulation is poor, after this accupunture, u will have menstration, and I did.This October 23,2011..And It stopped after 10 days and its on again last night. its on and off...Im getting worried too..
I have had the same issues for years. I have my period every other week, sometimes for a month straight. It causes fevers, mood swings, unspeakable pain, even shooting down my legs. I cannot get pregnant either. I have had all STD's ruled out and have been tested for cancer and Endo. (which my sister has). I want to the ER one day and was talking to a doctor that actually listened. He thinks the cause of it comes from a part of the brain that controls a certain type of hormone. He said that is controls your immune system all the way to your menstrual cycle. I had a compromised immune system in June that took my white blood cell count down to 100, they usually only find that with someone with full blown AIDS (which came back negative). They had no answer. Unfortunately I don't have health insurance, so I am waiting for my new job's insurance to kick in, in order to see this doctor again. He told me the only way to diagnose this, is to keep track of my symptoms on a day to day basis for about 3 months. I urge all of you to do the same. I have a note pad by my bed side with the days listed to write them down each night. Talk to your doctors about this theory, hopefully they listen. Apparently is all solved with just a type of daily oral medication.  
hi lexx0-thanks for all the infos...last november 23, 2011 i had my regular period.this time it only lasted 5 days and stopped.My check up si due on december 14, which i hope they find nothing.im due for my diabetis blood check up every  3months.another minor problem occurs -i think again-im being paranoid.My boobs(nipples) both wre itchy, before and after my period.Its not that bad-its just itchy.have read on the internet bout ITCHY NIPPLES-could be a sign of IBC(inflammatory breast cancer)-:(..but my nipples has no symptoms such as-swelling/crusty skins or pain-ive nothing like them signs-i thought could be my bra or maybe the washing liquid i am using.yesterda i bought an e45 cream for my nipples.i have applied and somehow stopped the itchiness..my nipples are perfect in colors no discolorations/swelling or redness so i said could be just a minor itch ..im still praying though.i think youre right could be also part of hormonal imbalances as i think too much..stress is also a big factor for hormonal imbalances..goodluck to u and i will post any updates with regards to my health...
I'm 15, I have had operations for ovarian cysts and ever since my surgery iv had bad pains through my pelvic region. I get sharp pains around my period time. And usually my period lasts for only 2-3 days but for the past 20 days iv been getting heavy bleeding then it will stop for a few days and come back. I'm on the 20th day now. I can't deal with this pain my doctors say it's just period pains but I know somethings wrong. I fall over in pain and most of the time I'm curled up in a ball crying on the floor cause I know no ones going to find out what's wrong with me. Iv had ultra sounds about 3months ago and all clear,. But Iv been getting sick feelings the past few months and really bad cramps then I bleed. Someone PLEASE HELP ME!
Iv taken tests too I'm not pregnant.  
I was searching for something else and came across your post. I know it is old but I have my period every other week and was diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus with a full septum (or septate uterus). Basically I have a period on each side of my uterus and an ovulation but because of the shape, it can cause infertility. The condition is actually not that rare it is just hard to diagnose unless you are looking for it.
I got my iud placed in march 2012, and spotted for about a month and a half. Then no period for a while. The July comes around and my first normal period it seems like pops up. A week later, I'm off like before when I had normal cycles. Then bam another period the following week. This has been going on for a month. I can't help my emotions. I'm happy, content as could be one moment and the next I'm furious and want to cry forever. It's starting to take a toll on my body. I'm nauseous, tired, my cramps are indescribable the pain is so intense and weight gain. I've had to go up a pant size because of it. I went to the doctor, did urine pregnancy test and  it was negative. Obviously meaning They can't think of anything else that could be wrong with me. For some reason what I'm going through is normal. Can anyone help or give advice?
I am 22. I have pcos which was diagnosed over 3 years ago when i had actually started my periods at the age of 8. Before i found out i had pcos my periods always came late, were always heavy and i suffered from cramps which stopped me from going school/college. I was put on the pill  for over 2 years and i began to put on a lot of weight so i stopped taking the pills. Asca result of this i didnt come on my periods for over 3 months. And when i finally come on, i have been coming on for 10-16 days leaving me extremely exhausted, moody and uncomfortable. And inbetween my periods i have a gap of few days to a week. Its getting really frustrating and i feel that my only option is to go back on the pill. If anyone has any suggestions, please do let me kmow. Thanks.
Hey, Im 28 with Thyroid and Celiac disease and have four children. I have been having my period every other week also for about 2 months. This is my fifth menstrual since the beginning of June. Im very concerned and wondering if you have found any answers
I am 17 and have been having my period at least 3 times a month for the past four to five months. I don't know what's wrong with me, maybe hormonal imbalance? Does anyone know what the cause may be?