Women's Health Community
Inflamed Cervics
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Inflamed Cervics

I Went to the doctor back in October because I was having bladder problems. I always had to urinate every hour weather it was a lot or not always felt like I had to urinate. I took anticbotics it seemed to make me worse and they said I didnt have a UTI but when they examined me vaginally they said my cervics was inflamed. They didnt really seem worried or give me and explination on what could of caused it.My bladder has finally gotten better on its own but I have never been told my cervics was inflamed and I get my yearly pap smear this month. Im just wondering if anyone knows what can cause an inflamed cervics? and how long does it usually last?
Tags: inflamed cervics, frequent urination, bladder urgency
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Inflammation of cervix or Cervicitis is most often caused by an infection, usually caught during sexual activity. However it can be due to use of diaphragms, allergic reaction, pessaries etc.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
1222076_tn?1380475426
Hi, Thanks for your reply an infection meaning and Sexual Transmited Infection or an STD? I dont use diaphragms or pessaries and I dont think Im allergic to anything so this concerns me but the doctors that told me my cervics was inflamed didnt seem concerned. They just did a urine sample maily to check my bladder and I think swabbed me and said my tests came back normal Im not sure what all they checked me for at that time. I will be going to get my yearly physical exam in a week so hopefully everything will be ok by then.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...