Iron taste in mouth & dizzyness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Iron taste in mouth & dizzyness

I've been feeling faint the last few days and yesterday I woke up with an awful taste of Iron in my mouth, it made me feel like I needed to be sick but when I went to the toilet I just had to constantly spit, I couldn't get rid of the taste. Im still feeling faint, but I only seem to have the metal taste in the morning, but my faintness stays all day.
Maybe you should try a pregnancy test....just to rule that out?
I did think that but I've just started my period so i dont think its that. Thanks anyway x
Still could be....alot of women have a period through out pregnancy. Anyways, you should probably go to the doctor to see why you have these symptoms (if you still do).
I agree that you should see a physician, or at least a dentist. The taste of iron could suggest that you are bleeding from somewhere in your mouth. If it's way in the back, you may not be able to see it. If you are bleeding, that could also explain feeling faint. In any case--bleeding, pregnancy, or something else--have a health practitioner check you out. Good luck.
this can be sign of hypoglecemia. Your body doesn't have enough sugar cells to help maintain your bodyand mainly your brain cells. It will also explain why you feel dizzy. If I were you, I would take a blood test in the morning before eating anything.