Is this a cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Is this a cyst?

I'm 19 years old and for about three years now I've had a bump About the size of a Pencil eraser right between my anus and the opening of my vagina, It is only on one side, I don't remember exactly how it started,  However when I first got it I used to be able to pop it like a pimple and it would ooze large amounts of puss and blood, And would fill up again within hours. Then it would quit bothering me for a few months and then it would act up again, It's very sensitive to touch And has two small holes in it that are closed over but are still visible. It feels like there's a lump under the surface of the skin,  And I always been too embarrassed to ask anyone
Hi Katie, If I was you, just get to your doctor,his has come up before, you may find its an STD.
Good Luck
Hi there and welcome. Well, I agree you need to see your doctor.  While std could be the case, it could be a boil that needs lanced by a medical professional.  I would absolutely not be embarressed.  Doctors see it all and are trained to do so.  An ob/gyn would be bet to see and I'd make the appt. today.  lots of luck and do not be embarressed.  No big deal and much grosser things happen than this.  good luck
I had ruled out STD because I obtained the lump two years before I was sexually active