Itching between labia minora and labia majora

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi girls, I'm hoping that you can give me some insight. So for the past week I've been experiencing itchiness and sensitivity on only one side inbetween my labia minora and labia majora, it hurts to touch the area and it's pretty red. It doesn't itch all the time but through out the day I will notice some sensitivity and itchiness.
It also itches near my clirotis hood.
Just recently I noticed white discharge.
But I'm not having any problems on the inside at all, it's just on the outside and only on one side!!! It's really freaking me out!!! My OBGYN hasn't gotten back to me I hope to get a call on Monday about it! But I would like to know if any if you had a similar situation and what it was, or maybe some opinions on what it could be.
It can be due to fungal infection or intertrigo. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore.

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful (apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Application of mild steroid cream after a doctor’s prescription also helps. For the itching take some over the counter antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed.

It is very difficult to pinpoint one diagnosis without clinical examination and cervix swabs or blood tests. So I feel that you should consult your gynecologist for a complete evaluation as treatment will depend on the diagnosis.

Ok so I went to my gyno, she has prescribed me flagyl then diflucan, nothing has really helped!!! I have noticed that in between again is sore to the touch and it ALWAYS looks wet!! And shiny!!!! What could it be!!! I have been suffering for far too long!!!! I believe that my discharge is normal now, but I also have a red spot under the clitoris hood, that doesn't hurt but it sometimes itches and throughout the day the redness will go away then in the morning it looks super red and irritated again! I'm going crazy!!! I feel like I'm never going to be normal!!! Should I consult a dermatologist?? Now it doesn't itch too much anymore, but it hurts of I touch my labia at all!!! Yet there is no open sore or bump or cut or anything like that! Please please help! Cortisone helps a little but if I over use it then it gets irritated again! I feel helpless! I've tried using feminine washed, dove, all kinds of soap, but nothing helps! I just want to b normal!!!!