Mirena IUD pregnancy symptoms
Hi guys!  I had a mirena inserted in march 06, i bleed for 2mths straight and then stopped, and got a normal period a month later.  I am 3weeks over due for my period, im always tired, frequent urination, weight gain (eating heaps)...and feeling sick like i want to vomit.  I have also had problems with my bowels (which is common in my pregnancies).  I have three children already oldest is 3 and the young 8mths.  I have got pregnant on the pill, the implant (in the arm)...and im scared im pregnant again.  I had a home preg test which came up neg, then a week later it came up lightly positive.  Just to make sure i took another one three days later and it came up neg.....what is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Rosalind
Be careful honey you can still get pregnant on the pill my cousin did so really there is nothing affective against  getting  pregnant which ***** I have the mirena in as well and i feel l ike a baby is kicking me and my breasts are bigger and i am nauseaed and i really hope im not cause i have 4 kids and my youngest is almost 6 months old
I had the merina in since my last child. Who is almost 3 now. Lately i have been tired and napping every day, then my pants are getting more snug, now my stomach feels like i am pregnant. A home test was negative. I usually workout everyday but since i have been tired i rarely workout. I usually have a light period every month, but now i dont. Can it be possible that i am pregnant?
I have had my mirena for a little over 3 months now and the past 3 weeks i have been having weird symptoms. a pinching in my uterus, only every once in a while for a couple seconds and then its gone. been nauseaus a few times, i spotted the entire time since having it inserted up until a few weeks ago then it completely stopped. the past 2 days my breasts have been tender and feel bigger. i have taken 6 hpts and they were all negative. i have an appointment today to have the mirena removed, and they are going to do another pregnancy test. i have done some looking online to see if anyone has had false pregnancy symptoms while on the mirena, and what i have found is that there are more women who have fallen pregnant with the mirena than those whose pregnancy symptoms were a result of the mirena. has anyone else had these false pregnancy symptoms? and if so did they continue getting worse by the day? i felt all the same symptoms before with my daughter, but not until well after i found out i was pregnant
im having the same symptoms and feel like im going crazy.
I recently just had a baby in December and after i got my IUD put in i bled for 3 months straight. But i haven't had a "period" since. And i have bad pains during sex. Is that normal??
Hi, I read a post you put on a women's health question about pregnancy on Mirena and I was wondering what ever happened. I have all the things you talked about; the mood swings, i almost swear I feel something move sometimes, people look at my stomach and ask how far along I am (i diet and exercise but it grows steadily), I am constantly tired, and the heartburn is uncontrollable. Im going to take a test in a few days but i was taking them the first couple months after getting it in and they always came up negative. Ive had it in since january and last took a test in march.
thanks for reading,
Kenzie
i have the mirana and i havent had a period in a few months and im not exactly sure whats going on im gaining weight like crazy even if i go to the gym for 4 hours a day 6 days a week and im just wondering if im pregnant i just dont know how to tell i have a 2 year old lil girl already at the age of 19  i need help finding out what to do i havent been to the doctors since i had my iud inserted.
I had the mirena coil put in 2011 after 4th child periods tailed away till I never have a period. I have been feeling a bit strange over the last couple of weeks and decided to check the threads of the coil to find they have gone. I went to the doctors and she also checked couldn't find them either so is now sending me for an ultra sound scan to locate the coil, she also said about a pregnancy test. When I got this fitted I was not aware of all the things that can seemingly go wrong, what a nightmare we trust the medical profession too much ....I certainly want it removed.
I had the mirena inserted on June 7 and before I got it I had unprotected sex I've been feeling really nauses and light headed. I've had cramps I was sup post to start my period on June 12 and I have not started and am really scared bcause am feeling the same way I felt wen I was prego  my son. And am taking diet pills but yet I get hungry all the time sometimes I wake up at 4 in the morning and I wake up starving. My stomach always feels empty and it makes me sick. And I sleep alott
Can someone help mee
I had my mirena put in after I had my daughter in 2009 and am now showing signs of being pregnant. I had pain a couple months ago whenever my boyfriend and I had sex, and it felt like it was in my uterus. Strange, I know, but I honestly thought that maybe we had moved my mirena out of place. I do not throw up and today I couldnt stop it, I have been moody, so tired all of the time and have even felt a flutter like with my daughter. I have not had a single issue with mine, no period, no cramping, and no weight gain other than from being a stay at home mom and full time student. I have an appointment in the morning and intend to talk to the ob/gyn about these hopefully phantom symptoms and if I am, how three tests can come back negative. Even at the emergency room last week they wouldn't test me for it because I have the mirena. To me, if the mirena isnt 100% effective, shouldnt they do a blood test to make sure? Especially if they already drew my blood??
I have had mine in for 4 years..next June is when I'm due to have mine taken out and I feel everything you described. I even have bloating that makes me looks like I have a little baby bump to the point where my family has noticed and even asked if I'm pregnant. I'm very worried, I feel as if maybe somehow the Mirena is forcing a false negative. I have taken home pregnancy tests that all come up negative and when I went to my OB/GYN they did a urine test that had also came up negative. NOt sure what step to take next but I feel exactly how I felt when I was pregnant with my now four year old. Help!
Back pain
Exhaustion
Headaches
Cramping
Bloating
Breast Soreness/Tenderness
Changes in Appetite
Nausea
Vomiting  

I got my Iud in may, prior to I was on Yasmin for 8 years. Since about two weeks after implantation my moods have been crazy whacky!!! I notice how irrational I am. It's driving me crazy!! And relation to the mirena??
hope this helps some of you... after having the mirena for 2 1/12 years i got pregnant... i took 2 test that showed positive but i didnt believe it so i went to the er and there also it was positive... still didnt believe it so i went to my ob/gyn and had a urine test and blood test & both were positive.... next the ordered a blood test that checks if its a tubal pregnancy and it wasnt so my dr removed the iud..... i am now 34 weeks preg.. everything is good! so yes it is possible nothing is 100% but not having sex period!!!!
so were u prego or no cuz that really sounded like u were from what i read i AM a mother of 4 and im having prego sysmtoms as well as friends are comenting to so im scared i have the meraina in plz get back to me
a conserned mother
Ohk I really need anyone's input this month when I had my period it wasn't a period it was just a bloody discharge and my lower stomach has been killing me for 2 straight weeks now. I'm so sleepy, I've actually lost like 6 pounds, also I've been having trouble using the restroom and I have heartburn I really think I might be pregnant.???? Someone help lol!!  Oh n I'm a waitress when I pick heavy stuff up it feels like stomach is pulling ??
I am in the very same situation and the gynocologist and his nurse won't take me seriously because of the stupid mirena i have had 4 1/2 years! I am going back tomorrow and insisting on an ultrasound.
I had mirena for 5 yrs. Then removed then new one replaced. I was hospitalized for a cyst the size of a golf ball it popped n I collapsed from so much blood loss. I woke to being given a blood transfusion!! Dr said its best I keep it and it was just my bodies way of trying to reject a foriegn object. My string are no where to be found now n I was sent to have an ultrasound to make sure it hadnt moved. Dr said iud was in place n its fine..i trusted her to now having pregnancy symptoms n top in all off my hair is falling oit. I have a 3" patch of missing!! I need answers..
im due to have my mirena taken out in January and now im having symptoms of pregnancy. the symptoms include tender breasts and peeing more often. anyone having these symptoms? or had these symptoms when they were near the end of the duration of the mirena?
I am so glad I found these posts! I too have had all of the typical pregnancy symptoms. I've only ad my iud for about a year and a half, and have always had cramping and light bleeding after intercourse. Moodiness, cramping, headache, nauseous, and this morning I felt a hard spot lump out in my belly-as if a baby was poking out! Stopped me in my tracks! I know if is highly unlikely to become pregnant wile using the iud, but does anyone know why these symptoms are so strong and happen so often??
I've been on the merina for a year. Since I've been on it I spotted 2 days every month for my period. This month for my "period' I got it for 8 days... spotted the 1st day, light flow the 2nd-4th day and spotting the rest. I have been getting really sharp pains in my lower stomach. I've been feeling, tired, nausea,  back pain,  having cravings,  tired all the time, heart burn like crazy and peeing every 10 mins. The other day I noticed I have a little bit of milk coming out of my nipples and moment in my stomach.  I already have 3 kids... 9 ,3 and 1.  Could I be pregnant with my 4th?? Please help me!!!!
I had an iud mirena inserted in me a couple of months ago. I've missed my period last month and I haven't gotten it this month either. I'm freaking out I'm only 18 and just got back with my bf who I left three years ago. I'm scared. How do I know if I am pregnant?? Help??
Well I had my mirena inserted last year and I got it checked they told me its fine but my periods are weird I haven't had mine in months I'm not pregnant tho cuz if I was I would have been growing a belly already n it would be dangerous from wat I heard in pregnancy with mirena but I been doing fine I'm not pregnant tho I haven't had my period in months everyones menstrual going to be different when they have mirena sometimes I start and I spot then off of it but other than that I haven't started my period in months not pregnant tho cuz I would have felt the baby but I do go for check ups to make sure everything is fine the clinic I go to is very good
Well I have had my iud for a year now and when it was put in I had a period twice and now I don't and I had symptoms at first but I knew I wasn't. but now I am gaining weight in my belly and only there. i'm cramping like I was before and still no period. I have sex with my sons father all the time without protection and I know that it is not 100% effective, but i'm getting sick off the things I did with my son..I'm worried but I don't want it to be negative and i'm just getting fat...but I would kinda like to be pregnant. I love my son and I would love to have another child...what should I do.
Hi! Well I'm a 35 yr old that got the Mirena IUD inserted in July of 2010 after I gave birth to my son..now going on 3 1/2 years since I've had this IUD with no problems...but, lately I've been getting really bad headaches everyday, I feel my eyes are going to pop out! Along with feeling nauseous!! I'm hoping I'm not pregnant! Or don't have an infection! I hope this is just one of the side effects and it will pass! Someone please help! Let me know if anyone feel the same!?!? Thank you!
I got mine in october2011, so for 2 years now. I spotted at the beginning for 6 months. Now I get my period every 3 months. I honestly think that if you gain weight its your fault and should take better care of what you eat. I have no cramps only on my period which lasts about 3days and is very light. Maybe its just luck if your body accepts it. So good luck girls.
I am on my second IUD.  My first 5 years were fantastic...no issues!  Then I had the second inserted two years ago and now I have an appointment to remove it!!!  I am experiencing all symptoms of pregnancy, negative urine and blood test, and have confirmed no other health conditions with my doctor.  Like I said, my next step is to have it removed and see if the symptoms will stop!!  I have a 7 & 8 year old.  I am very happy with being a Momma of two, but at this point...if I'm going to feel pregnant...I might as well be pregnant!  We are considering having Daddy snipped!!  Good Luck everyone!
I just got my mirena a 2 months.ago. i have 1 baby and in no way am i ready for a.sec. i dont know what is going on. I have every pregnancy sympton known to man. Throwing up and what really scares me is my breasts r so.tender. i have cked my strings and i dont feel anything. Please anyone out therr with any advise i am all ears....
the same is happenig to me i have had my iud for the past yr and a i think im prego i have all symptoms but is hard to tell because i never gotten my period
I have been having issues in the last week I had my peruid a week ago and the other day I spotted once then stopped mh stomach gets nauseas everytime I eat and feels like its going to explode....anyideas
I too am 35 with a 3 1/2 year old son.  I have been having signs of a pregnancy too.  I have been getting headaches, I'm always tired with absolutely NO energy, being irritable, weight gain, heartburn, my breast are getting bigger and mood swings.  I am going to make an appointment to see if I am indeed pregnant and if not, then I may need to get the IUD taken out.
I have had mine for 6 years. I had extreme pain the following days after getting it. That first year was bad and I had bad pain spells that would have me in the fetal position. After about two years the pain subsided. Every once in awhile there is pain during intercourse. I hardly have periods and they are irregular and VERY light... I mostly just get the symptoms of a period. You do get pregnancy symptoms once in awhile. I now think I am pregnant due to pregnancy symptoms that are not like the mock ones im use to, these are much stronger than they have ever been. My doctor did tell me a blood test would need to be done to detect pregnancy with an IUC.
Hi, okay so I've had the mirena for 3 years now, and I've had periods every month except for this month, I've been cramping like I'm going to start but I haven't started and I'm a month late. I took 2 pregnancy test and they both came out negative, but I'm having symptoms of being pregnant. Like frequent urination, feeling nausea after I eat. Idk really know what to do... Anyone know what I should do?
I've been on the Mirena for a little over a year now. When I first got it, I didn't have my period for a couple months then I finally got it and it last almost a week. After that I didn't get it for another 3 months. Within those three months I thought I was pregnant, not only because I was late but because I had all the symptoms of fatigue,  frequently urinating, cravings, nausea, very emotional and also I felt little flutters in my uterus. I also took a pregnancy test and it turned out to be negative. But again it's been almost three months since my last period and I'm getting the same symtoms again, only this time I feel really bloated. Took another pregnancy test and still negative. Not sure if this is normal or not and I'm starting to think this is my new cycle and if it is it's very scary because I don't know if I'm really pregnant or not.. anyone else get the same symptoms?
Were you pregnant or not? I have the same symptoms
Hi there, saw that u had these symptoms early this year, I have had the same symptoms for two months now, getting scared, how did u go?
I have had my IUD in place for around 20 months now, have had regular cycle since insertion, until about three weeks ago when I began to spot blood, very much on and off, with breast tenderness and swelling and overall feeling of pregnancy as I already have two children. Just annoyed and wondering if I am maybe over reacting? Also huge tummy!!!!
My symptoms to a tee, how did u go?
what ever happened? im getting fluttering and swirling and every test i take is negative too, im really interested to know what your blood test came back to say? im really close to going to get one myself! especially becaise i have surgery for a tumor on Jan 8th and im worried about doing it if im pregagnt, i had mirena put in jan 2013 and everything has been fine until recently
Did anything else ever come of this? I am on my 3rd Mirena. I've always gained a little weight when I get them in at first, but lose it easily. For the last month, I've convinced myself that I am pregnant. I also had a negative HPT. But still have tender breasts, swollen abdomen, extremely tired, and feel unhappy.. I just wonder if its possible to get a negative HPT, and still be pregnant. Did you go to the Dr.?  Are you pregnant? Please let me know. I really don't want to start my deductible over if the negative is definately a negative.  Thanks!
Had Mirena 5 months now,

First few days, potting
Light period first month, no period since
This last month or so I am tired all of the time and my breasts really hurt
The last 2 weeks I have been peeing more + heartburn
Strings are still where they were

Mood swings are better than while on pill
Not sure what to try next, pill was bad for mood swings/crying
40, 3 kids
I have had my mirena in place now for 4 years and 8 months. I recently have started to feel those same pregnancy symptoms. I have stomach cramps, spotting headaches and eating a lot more. I took a pregnancy test but it came back negative. The problem with that is that the test itself says that if you have ovarian cysts,  it can lead to a negative result. I don't have insurance and am very worried about ectopic pregnancy. I am wondering if because I am almost at my 5 year mark if it is not giving off as much hormone needed to protect against pregnancy. I normally feel nausea in the morning but it subsides by the afternoon. I already have to children and wouldn't be terribly upset to have another if that was the case but I am really scared with what could be going on. I would not recommend the iud to anyone. I believe that this iud is what caused me to get very painful ovarian cysts. Please anyone with info let me know
Yes! I have been having major breast tenderness and tingling for 5 weeks now, and have been also having frequent urination I get up 3times a night! I am off th get the iud removed tomorrow. Before I do I will take a pregnancy test. I'm scared, after hearing all these stories. I have had the iud for over 4 years. What happened .... We're you pregnant?
Has anyone actually came out pregnant or just symptoms?? I am not using protection and lately I've been very tired and moody. i feel flutters , having cramps, and even dreams of being pregnant while being woken up crying and staying o the verge of crying all day log...  all the home pregnancy test are negative... no insurance just yet (3 weeks) ... crossing fingers but don't want to get to excited.
i need  help i dont know if im pregnac or not i do have a iud in me and the last time i had my peirod was jan 22 before my bday and i been asking people but they say its nothin it could be just stress but i been feeling sick in the moring my throat would hurt and my nose would run and run or suff up i dont know i throw up but it was like clear and bubbles and i dont know i been eating alot and looking up what could it be so i need answers plzz guys help me i dont know  what to do im 23 year old yes im young i dont know if i should tell my mom bc she old and i dont think she could handle it i dont talk to the person i last had sex with so im scared i need anybody help that could help and tell he whats the problem
Hello my name is Ariel i'm 23 and my husband and I just had our first baby little less then 7 months ago.  I got the IUD 4-6 weeks after having my beautiful daughter Clover-Lynn and have had problems from the beginning.  First there was problems with the string and I had to go back several times to have it shortened and now there is no string for me to even do a check to see if its in right.  I have noticed pregnancy symptoms for about two months now.  I get random periods some time a little painful.  My breast hurt almost everyday, intercourse is some times very uncomfortable just like during my pregnancy. I am very confused and scared, I my self do not want any more children my pregnancy was very rough.  I'm always tired my seance of smell is unbelievable and I'm losing an enormous amount of my hair, these were also all the signs i had when I was pregnant.  I have not taken any tests I have called the doctor twice and they brush it off like I'm nuts.  I feel no lumps or anything in my stomach but that doesnt always tell you everything.. I've also had a eptopic pregnancy before so my odds are even greater.  As I read all these blogs I begin to wonder if maybe all these symptoms we are having is being cause from all the hormones in our bodies. I think the IUD needs more research behind it.  
Hello there.. my daughter is fixing to be a year old and I got my mirena when she was 2 months old and im experiencing what feels like the fluttering, back pain, spotting, nausea, which to me seems like pregnancy symtoms. Im constanly tired no matter how much sleep I get. Hunger like a wolf to. Im thinking im going to get my removed. Any other IUD suggestions? Does it cost to get it taken out?
So I got the Mirena around six months ago I think. I got it to alleviate period cramps and it has been great so far. A few weeks ago I was possibly raped. I haven't had sex other than that (and I can't remember all of what happened that night). My boobs are a little tender and I've been feeling nauseous and had a lack of appetite for the last week or two. I've continued to spot just like normal with the mirena in the first few months. Do you think it is possible I might be pregnant? I know the statistics are so low (especially just from one instance), but who knows--I'm 20 and probably pretty fertile otherwise. If you think there is a chance I could be pregnant, should I buy a cheap test at the drug store or go straight to the doctor. I'm in college so I have lots of free (well, paid for by tuition) resources at my disposal. Thanks for your advice.
If you are having symptoms of pregnancy you need to get your self tested right away as ectopic (tub) pregnancys are uncommon they are a higher risk with birth controls such as the marina. More then that the risk of being pregnant on marina according to my recent research is no longer 1% or 1 out of 1000 but instead it is 8-10%. Now that's just according to what I have found. I have had my marina since February of 2013. My periods have been lighter and shorter. How ever then the more recent months I have been having symptoms of pregnancy such as nausea. Feeling tired all the time. Cravings. Feet selling. And a decreased sex drive. Really bad heart burn too.  I have a almost 3 year old and wasn't really planning to have any more kids right now. I asked my doctor about it and all she could say was I don't know if it's normal. And left it at that. Since having the marina I have never been more then 3 days late with my period. Now I'm 7 days late and feeling worse then ever. I am going to the doctors Wednesday and if all is well I'm having this thing taken out. I have recently learned that if I do become pregnant on the iud it may not be able to be removed as in doing so could result in a miscarriage. By leaving it in it could cause a miscarriage anyways and possibly birth defects. I could handel the 1% but the more research I do on this the more I find that pregnancy on the marina is more common then I originally thought. I'm worried that if I am pregnant that the iud could harm the baby. I'm playing safe and having it removed. I feel that there are things that weren't disclosed to me before have the iud implanted. I did research but I guess not enough. everything I have found has me. Very worried about my health.