Mirena IUD pregnancy symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 601-684 comments:
About 1 week ago I felt a hard lump in my left breast that are sore to the touch. Freaking out I went to the Doctor to see if I possibly have breast cancer because first thought when you find a lump is Cancer. Well 2 days ago I noticed that my left breast is getting firmer then checking my right breast it as well is firmer and heavier. Both my breasts hurt as if they are filling with milk, like they did when I was pregnant with my daughter. Started noticing if I'm not working that I am sleeping. Craving Sprite and to be honest I hardly ever drink pop. Now I have to have Sprite at least once a day.

After already getting checked for breast cancer my doctor sent me to get a sonogram and a mammogram because they were concerned. They told me that the lumps showed no signs of cancer and now thinking about it if they were possibly cysts they would be able to see that in the sonogram and tell me.

Yet looking at breast cancer signs I now feel silly for even thinking it could be breast cancer since I'm only showing one possible sign and breast tenderness/soreness, fatigue and cravings are signs of pregnancy. I never thought I would get pregnant because I myself have the Mirena IUD (even though my Doctor did inform me that the IUD was not 100% I did understand there was a chance but never thought me). Ever since it was put in back in 2008 and never had problems. I haven't had a period but after these symptoms I started considering I may be pregnant. I got a test from a Dollar Store, it came back negitive but now I'm having headaches and lower stomach cramps.

The Doctors want me to talk to a Surgeon within this the week and I'm scared because nobody will listen to me when I say "I think I might be pregnant". They show little concern but still want me to talk to the Surgeon which scares me that they may do surgery while I may be in fact pregnant. The Doctors even did blood work and said that my white blood cells seemed a little high. When I asked them if they checked for pregnancy they said they did not. I thought that every Doctor check up when it comes to stuff like this that they have to check for pregnancy just in case you may be pregnant. Not saying it has to be through blood but at least through pee. I'm hoping to find money soon to get another pregnancy test before the visit with the surgeon.

Personally my fiance is very concerned for my health but once I said it sounds like pregnancy, he jumped with joy from excitement. To be honest I myself would love to be pregnant again but could I just be getting myself worked up? Could it just be cancer with just one sign? Or could it just be since I am getting closer to the 5 year mark to get it taken out that the hormones in it have in a way shifted and making my body feel pregnant when I'm actually not.

Responses would be nice but if not that is perfectly fine. I just wanted to let people know that you should review all the options on what it could be before just jumping to an conclusion. I will still carry on with seeing if it is breast cancer since my sister has survived from it 7 years ago. I know that I am likely to have it as well and even if it doesn't run in your family I do suggest checking your breast everytime you take a shower or bath. Doesn't hurt to check for lumps while or after cleansing your breast.

Thank you, Overly-Thinking-&-Concerned-Mother
I will be going on my third year this upcoming March and I am having much of the same problems. I am constantly tired to the point of it effecting my day to day life. I always have cravings for chinese food or something salty yet sweet. Since I got my IUD in 2010 me and my boyfriend have not been too worried about using other protection, though we do from time to time. On top of cravings and tiredness I am also sore and bloated. More than a few people have asked me when I am due and my mother asks if I'm sure I'm not pregnant almost every day. Since I got the IUD I haven't had my period and so it's hard to tell from that. To some degree I'm happy to see I'm not the only one having these problems but still I'm worried. I wouldn't mind being pregnant. In fact I'd be over joyed seeming a lot of medical problems I have give cause of fearing being unable to bear children. But I this not knowing is killing me.

I don't have insurance nor the money to go get tested and so I'm just praying that if I am nothing bad happens due to lack of medical assistance. I hope everything turns out alright for everyone else.
hi my name is katie and i have had sum of the same signs and i have had an IUD for about 4 months now and i have had nausia and a lot of hot flashes that dont end for days i have been having issues with sleep i cant at all and this has been going on for about a month now and i dont get it plz sum one let me no wat to do
This is my second mirena, my first one fell out, and in the process of finding a better birth control I became pregnant with my second child.  I had my current mirena put in a little over 2 yrs. ago during my c-section with her (thinking that was a better option than getting my tubes tied and not wanting another child anytime soon, and hoping it would be put in correctly this time) I didn't get a period for the first 10 months which I was told was normal because I was breast feeding for the first 6 months and I might never et a period while on the mirena.  Once I started to get my period back it was every month for the first 3 months then every two weeks for 4 months.  Both times it changed I went to the doctor fearing it had fallen out again( I can't check for my strings because my uterus is tilted weird and my cervix is positioned weird, no fun during yearlys) they all assured me it was in place and nothing was wrong.  Then it was normal once a month after that (although kinda strange because I had a popping sensation and then the next day I would start my bleeding)  
Recently I developed a cyst on one of my ovaries, which is nothing new I've been getting them periodically for the past 5 yrs.  Although this one was particularly painful and made my life miserable.  I went to the ER and they agreed it was a cyst and not any infection of any kind they also did a PG test because it had been 6wks since my last period which came back negative.  I had an ultrasound done which didn't give me anymore info.  I made a follow-up appointment with my doctor to go over my results from the ultrasound but they couldn't get me in for another 6wks.  I started to have pregnancy symptoms soon there after and waited a week still no period, no let up on pain and more PG symptoms, so I took an at home test it was negative again.  A week later still the same, I finally got my period last weekend which was a dark brown color with no real red looking blood.  I thought, It's not ideal but great I'm not pregnant and life can go on normally! Now a week after my period stopped I am bleeding again real red color but light and I don't understand why or what is going on with me, any advice would be helpful, thank you (I did call and try to get in to the doctors earlier still waiting to hear back.)  
Did you ever find out what's going on? I hope that you're okay and I'm praying for you & your family.
Well I guess enough said, I got my mirena Sep.26 2010 and my periods had stopped but then started back really heavy with really bad cramps and now I'm having all the pregnancy symptoms and its crazy cause I thought it was just me but the frequent urination, being really really exhausted, staying super hungry is driving me crazy. I took two pregnancy tests last week, the first one was light positive then the second was negative but I have four children already and I am not ready for a fifth but I have an appt in two months to talk about a different birth control... so good luck everyone
Hello everyone I've had my coil in almost 2 years now. I've had a laparoscopy because I was experiencing severe stomach cramps. My gyne discovered nothing except that my coil had moved and an ultrasound could not locate it , I've recently been experiencing bloating nausea and back ache I was wondering if I could be pregnant ? I usually have spotting and mild bleeding twice a month but nothing for over a month now :s  
I have also had the Mirena IUD for 4.5 years. I couldn't feel my strings any more so I went to get it checked out. It turned out that it had moved and is now in my uterus as well. I've also had the pregnancy symptoms, the bloating, breast tenderness, and most recently back pain (as if in pre-labor). I'm also feeling the "fluttering" as well. With my first child, I didn't know I was pregnant until I was in the beginning of my second trimester. I'm very interested in what other side effects there are and if I'm pregnant, but the home pregnancy test is just showing otherwise because of the Mirena..
In august 09 after having my second little boy, I got the iud mirena.that was 3 1/2 years ago. I never had a period after inserting the mirena.about four months ago i started experiencing all the symptoms of being pregnant..breast tenderness,nausea,a bit of weight gain, heartburn, and just last night I felt fetal movements! Today got a urine test done and negative.obviously not appeased, I got blood work and tomorrow are my results.my tummy is round and moves alot! Im hoping its gas but im not so sure.anyone having any answers?
I got my mirena back in June of 2011. Lately ive had nausea, cramps, my boobs hurt, heartburn, my belly is hard, and ive been getting the same leg cramps which led me to find out i was pregnant the last time. If im pregnant im gonna be so mad. My relationship is falling apart, we can barely afford to live now and we have a 3 year old and 19 month old twins. I cant afford to be pregnant again which is why i got the mirena...it better be working
i have had my mirena over a year now and i have a one year old....just recently i have been having lower abdominal pain and back pain, nausea, and dizzyness. my mom and boyfriend says im not pregnant but ive had dreams that i am. i even took two pregnancy tests which came out negative. any advice
have had iud for four years now...no bleeding...once in a while some slight spotting....all of sudden within last few months i am gaining a little weight...breast pain...like pms...this month i feel tired dizzy and breast are so tender ...as i feel i am pregnant...what is this....
I have had the Mirena for about 3 years come January 6th, 2013...I have a three year old son that I love to death and wouldn't mind another child but we have yet to plan for one. Now these three years have been not so awesome with this birth control...I had three fake pregnancy symptoms and now this day of December 17, 2012 I have breast tenderness, I am even leaking some sort of something from my left breast, I feel sick and I feel my breast fit more snug in my bra and bloated feeling...this time more then any other of the 3 I feel pregnant. I am not sure if I am pregnant I am waiting till payday not because we can't afford it but before I go spend money and yet another prego test I will see if the symptoms stop again...I need this birth control out...
Did you ever find out if you were pregnant? I read your post thinking "That's Me!" but found that no one ever posted their results. I just went to the Dr. today, and they scheduled me for a mammogram. She did a breast exam and isn't concerned, but said she knew she would want one if it was her for peace of mind. They didn't do any pregnancy tests. I've done a couple at home, with negative results. I've had my Mirena for about 4.5 years without any problems.
I had my mirena placed a couple of months after my daughters birth. (She is 4 now) so I'm going to have to replace soon enough. I had become intimate with my husband and all of a sudden I started bleeding. Nothing to bad but enough to notice it..

I've been feeling blah lately (plus I have baby fever ) and since the bleeding thing, I kinda want to take a PG test. :/
iv had mirena for 9 mths without any problems and with normal periods then last month my period was really super light and now im have all the symptoms of being pregnant and my mom keeps asking me if i am...she always knows...never thought i could get pregnant with mirena but now idk :-/
Just a question?
did you get the Mirena removed and are you actually prego?
I have been having strange feelings and my sence of smell has increased as it did with my last two. I have done two tests and all negative. My lower stomach seems to be getting bigger - although that might just be the festive season.
Please let me know
not to scare you but a family member of mine had the same problem.she eventually went to the doctor and found out she was pregnant and they couldnt find the iud anywhere.she had the baby 3 months early and he had mild retardation
Freaking out mirena strings are outside vagina pregnancy symptoms fatigue vomiting nausea sore breasts irritability irrationality had pain in side week ago. Have deep vagina so strings were really hard to reach now they poke out no news to go on. Scared help
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for some advice! I had the mirena inserted in may '09, I never went back after it was inserted for the recheck, but I havent had any issues. A few months back I noticed a couple times after sex with my husband that I'd get some intense cramping with occaisional bleeding, and my first thought was to check my strings, so I did and I felt them but they felt longer than I remembered! So I continued to just check them occasionally and its still there, as for my periods they have been pretty regular and consistent for over a year. I started my period the second day of Jan of this year and had a normal period, but three days ago I started ANOTHER period!!! But not a normal one, almost no cramping and pinkish, brown blood...sounds a lot like implantation bleeding. I'm worried I might be pregnant, I'm making an appointment to have my mirena checked and probably removed because through all my research on the mirena I have read a lot of horror stories concerning the mirena, but I don't know, I will find out what's going on with me first. My husband and I are not trying to get pregnant (obviously,) I already have two children and were dealing with a lot right now, but a miracle baby sounds like the story of my life right now and maybe a message from above! Please any advice or similar stories would be great, reply here or email me: Mia.***@****

Hello All!!

Thank you so much for sharing your personal griefs and experiences with Mirena. I'm approaching my 5th year on Feb. 14th with it and plan to have it replaced. Over the past 5 years, my menstrual cycle has ceased for months and come back regularly. It has been inconsistent at times, but never anything for me to be concerned about. The first 6-8 months were the worst because I would randomly spot or sporadically have an actual full period. Very unpredictable!! But after that initial adjustment period, things were fine. The past year my cycle has been regular and pretty scheduled. So, I'm looking forward to one this month. However, it's late! Not sure how late because I don't chart it as I probably should.

I don't recall the day it started or ended last month, but I know it was at the beginning of the month. I had unprotected sex towards the end of December and unfortunately have been under a lot of stress because of the loss of a dear loved one. On 2 separate occasions, I experienced I would consider the beginning of my cycle......light pink spotting. But, I have yet to get the real thing. I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative. I was confident with the results until I read some posts here. Mainly the one by @rozy24 where her initial test was negative, but a week later received a faint positive one. Unfortunately, I can't see my gyne until my appointment on the 14th. I don't want to worry, but I think it's in a woman's nature. Any guidance or advice?
Help Me Please!!!
I have had the mirena for 4 years now with no problems at all. I recently had a procedure done in which there was an option to remove my mirena or leave it in whilst they do this. We agreed to leave it in and they just cut the cords off. I have von willie brands disease a type of hemophiliac so i always always get my period every 3-4 weeks. It has been 2 months since this procedure and not once have i got my period. I am worried that I am pregnant?
Hey I had my IUD put in on 4/08/08. For the past few weeks I have been having all the symptoms of pregnancy. I know what they are b/c I have two children already. BTW I already took home pregnancy test they came out neg. Has anyone had these symptoms and weren't pregnant. Please let me know
HI, I'm 31 and had a Mirena inserted in April 2012. I have never been pregnant. I bled for months and months, had pain and cramping. Dr said my body would get used to it and it would stop. I lost the strings about 6 months ago called the Dr an she was not really concerned. She said not to worry she would check it out in spring when I had my annual checkup. About 10 weeks ago, the bleeding stopped completely. I was not feeling well, sick feeling until about 1pm then really hungry. I have had cravings that are insatiable until I have that food. Lately I want nothing but ice cream, no appetite for anything else. My breasts are really sore and heavy feeling, they have outgrown most of the bras I own. I had my annual and a PAP (which I usually bleed a lot after) but no bleeding this time. Her only comment was there was a lot of mucous (which she said was ok). She couldn't find the strings so booked me for an ultrasound (to check where it is) which is in a month! (I told her my symptoms and she was still not concerned) now I have done some reading here on this forum and I'm worried. amazingly there has been none of the "normal" pain from the IUD in the last 10 weeks, for that I am thankful. So my question is... how do I know if I am pregnant? When is a good time to take a HPC and how likely is it to get a false negative when I do take the HPC? Thanks for your replies :)
I had my morena place in May of 2012.  At first I had normal periods then a month later they came twice a month.  After returning to the doctor I found that I had a bacterial infection which was not detected prior to insertion of the morena.  I have since had 2 additional bacterial infections, which the nurse and doctor contribute to having sex (they state this is normal for some).  I have 2 children and have had unprotected sex prior to the morena w/o having any type of infection.  After being treated for the bacterial infections I have since had normal cycles lasting 4-6 days.  NOW, I have started feeling nauseous every morning for the last 3 days, bloated, and fluttering in my abdomen.  I had my cycle last month and my next is due in 12 days.  I have not taken a PT test at home yet, but was tested in December for my annual check up and the test was negative at the doctor's office.  After reading these posts and learning of new lawsuits taking place against morena, I am STRONGLY considering having it removed, but do not want to use the other options available for BC.  THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING TO SAY THE LEAST.  I wish you all well and if you have any suggestions or anything to add PLEASE do!!!! :-)
I've had my mirana since July 14th 2011, when i lost my son. and i recently met someone new in August of this year and ever since the first time October 23rd I've felt strange.  moody, tired, sick, && hungry.  i mean i had everything checked by doctors && it all came out negative.. but here in the past week my belly has been feeling so giant my pants that were threes are now five s. my boobs seem bigger && my face has been breaking out so bad this past week (which it never does) should i get my mirana taken out
Hi I am 23 and I have had my mirena in since june 2012. I have been having lower back pain constantly certain foods make me ill to my stomach. I have been having cravings like crazy. and also certain smells as well make me ill to my stomach. I have been having flutters in my stomach as well. I forgot to mention that I have been pregnant before while on the mirena. I have been peeing like every 5 minutes. I haven't had my period since December 10, 2012
when i was 17 i was diagnosed with endamitirosis (sorry i cant spell)  tried to get pregnant took 9 months to finally get pregnant with my first went on birth control when my daughter was about a year and a half i started getting lower back pain i was completely exhausted pain in my hips and had missed my period turns out i was having number two after that pregnancy my doctor and myself decided the mirana was a good option seeing as how the pill didnt work and i have had issues with the depo shot that it would help me not to get pregnant and help woith the endimitriosis have had it in for  just over a year now and in the past two week i have been experienceing some extreme tiredness lower and side pain and no period for the past two months (it has been pretty regular but light since getting the iud put in) and ive been putting country sweet dressing on everything i eat and feeling the lovely fluttering in my abdomin (abdomen). i dont go to the doctor until april but im gunna buy a home pt and take it tomorrow i know that even if it shows up negative ill still worry with my second  prgnancy it ook 3 tests all came up negative before the positive one finally showed up. no one is putting results up if they found out wether they are or not i havent mentions it to anyone yet because imy husband doesnt want a thrid and of course my cousin who has 2 children the same ages as mine (both pregagcies at the same time) just came out that she was pregant on friday . . . im sooo stressed and so scared!
I think i may be pregnant with the mirena ive had it on for 2 years and 3 months now but i never had problems before. Now i have fatigue all the time and i get very heavy periods im really scared of being pregnant and losing the baby. My son is 3 years old now and he wants a little sister. HELP!!
I have been o. the mirana for 3 yrs now and laty i keep fingmyself sick for no reason. i love sex with my fiance but its starting to hurt more and feel sick after. could i be pregnNt :'( plus the nwver ending hik up
I have had my IUD in for two years now. I haven't had any bleeding since I had it put I. I had sex 3 weeks ago and now my tummy hurts and all I want to do is sleep.. I have taking 5 tests and all came up negative..... wat do I do
ive had the mirena since january 2013 had no issues at all my period stopped no cramping no increase of food craving or weight gain... but i did find out that if u dont work out in some type of way with the mirena you will start to gain weight. but ive only had it for like almost 3 months and it has already fallen out ,
I guess I'm a lucky one then. I've had mine in for almost a yr and its great. Had a lot if bleeding at first but now I hardly bleed at all. Just spotting. I get some cramps when I'm about to start but they aren't even bad enough where I feel like I need to take something for them. It didnt hurt when I got it. Which I had just had a baby 6weeks before so that might of helped. I love mine.
Hello im 15 ive had mirena put in sometime in november 2012. Lately i've been having pain in my back certain smells and foods have been making me sick and i hardly eat cause i feel sick when i take a bit of anything. My tummy has gotten bigger and harder and my 17 year old boyfriend is trying to find out if i am or not i took a couple tests (4) two + and two - my last one was + and i'm scared that i am i know how to raise a kid cause i raised my god son for 3 months cause his mother left. But i can't find out if it's possible or not. Plase help me out anyone.
Hi!! I have had mirena for 4 yrs now and I also have symptoms like I'm pregnant off n on. I'm always sick to my stomach, have bad mood swings, any little thing sets me off, my boobs have periods of getting big, swollen, and have lumps all the time. My doc ordered ultrasound on my breasts and for he iud n I do have breast disease so it puts me at greater risk for breast cancer. Also had mammogram done. My doctor is doin a blood preganancy test today bc she says I have symptoms of bein pregnant. I only spot every 6 months bt I cramp all the time. N sex is painful .Birthcontrol shouldn't make u feel like this. Y would neone want to feel this way!!! I only have less than a yr left so i'm tryin to tough it out. Sometimes I feel crazy inside n I dnt like tht feeling at all.

Okay, I'm hoping u all can help me. 4/25/12 I had my IUD put in and I was ok for ten months. No bleeding at all, no pain, nothing. But after ten months I had extremely bad pain in my pelvic area, almost as bad as labor pain. The next day I began to bleed heavily and that lasted three weeks straight. When I finally stopped my husband and I had intercourse and I had pain in my lower back which sometimes moved to the front where my ovaries would be. The next day I began to bleed again and that lasted for three days or so. This continued for about another month. Finally no more bleeding and the pain came less and less. Finally there was no pain or bleeding but I would experience random pain sessions and when I laid/lay down on my back or stomach I sometimes feel a hard knot-like substance rise up and stay for a minute then go back down. Recently when that happened, after the hard knot-like substance went down I felt a muscle spasm like feeling in the middle of my stomach. It also felt like a baby doing Sumer-saults in the middle of my stomach- what the heck is going on?!? Should I take a HPT?
Be careful honey you can still get pregnant on the pill my cousin did so really there is nothing affective against  getting  pregnant which ***** I have the mirena in as well and i feel l ike a baby is kicking me and my breasts are bigger and i am nauseaed and i really hope im not cause i have 4 kids and my youngest is almost 6 months old
I had the merina in since my last child. Who is almost 3 now. Lately i have been tired and napping every day, then my pants are getting more snug, now my stomach feels like i am pregnant. A home test was negative. I usually workout everyday but since i have been tired i rarely workout. I usually have a light period every month, but now i dont. Can it be possible that i am pregnant?
I have had my mirena for a little over 3 months now and the past 3 weeks i have been having weird symptoms. a pinching in my uterus, only every once in a while for a couple seconds and then its gone. been nauseaus a few times, i spotted the entire time since having it inserted up until a few weeks ago then it completely stopped. the past 2 days my breasts have been tender and feel bigger. i have taken 6 hpts and they were all negative. i have an appointment today to have the mirena removed, and they are going to do another pregnancy test. i have done some looking online to see if anyone has had false pregnancy symptoms while on the mirena, and what i have found is that there are more women who have fallen pregnant with the mirena than those whose pregnancy symptoms were a result of the mirena. has anyone else had these false pregnancy symptoms? and if so did they continue getting worse by the day? i felt all the same symptoms before with my daughter, but not until well after i found out i was pregnant
im having the same symptoms and feel like im going crazy.
I recently just had a baby in December and after i got my IUD put in i bled for 3 months straight. But i haven't had a "period" since. And i have bad pains during sex. Is that normal??
Hi, I read a post you put on a women's health question about pregnancy on Mirena and I was wondering what ever happened. I have all the things you talked about; the mood swings, i almost swear I feel something move sometimes, people look at my stomach and ask how far along I am (i diet and exercise but it grows steadily), I am constantly tired, and the heartburn is uncontrollable. Im going to take a test in a few days but i was taking them the first couple months after getting it in and they always came up negative. Ive had it in since january and last took a test in march.
thanks for reading,
Kenzie
i have the mirana and i havent had a period in a few months and im not exactly sure whats going on im gaining weight like crazy even if i go to the gym for 4 hours a day 6 days a week and im just wondering if im pregnant i just dont know how to tell i have a 2 year old lil girl already at the age of 19  i need help finding out what to do i havent been to the doctors since i had my iud inserted.
I had the mirena coil put in 2011 after 4th child periods tailed away till I never have a period. I have been feeling a bit strange over the last couple of weeks and decided to check the threads of the coil to find they have gone. I went to the doctors and she also checked couldn't find them either so is now sending me for an ultra sound scan to locate the coil, she also said about a pregnancy test. When I got this fitted I was not aware of all the things that can seemingly go wrong, what a nightmare we trust the medical profession too much ....I certainly want it removed.
I had the mirena inserted on June 7 and before I got it I had unprotected sex I've been feeling really nauses and light headed. I've had cramps I was sup post to start my period on June 12 and I have not started and am really scared bcause am feeling the same way I felt wen I was prego  my son. And am taking diet pills but yet I get hungry all the time sometimes I wake up at 4 in the morning and I wake up starving. My stomach always feels empty and it makes me sick. And I sleep alott
Can someone help mee
I had my mirena put in after I had my daughter in 2009 and am now showing signs of being pregnant. I had pain a couple months ago whenever my boyfriend and I had sex, and it felt like it was in my uterus. Strange, I know, but I honestly thought that maybe we had moved my mirena out of place. I do not throw up and today I couldnt stop it, I have been moody, so tired all of the time and have even felt a flutter like with my daughter. I have not had a single issue with mine, no period, no cramping, and no weight gain other than from being a stay at home mom and full time student. I have an appointment in the morning and intend to talk to the ob/gyn about these hopefully phantom symptoms and if I am, how three tests can come back negative. Even at the emergency room last week they wouldn't test me for it because I have the mirena. To me, if the mirena isnt 100% effective, shouldnt they do a blood test to make sure? Especially if they already drew my blood??
I have had mine in for 4 years..next June is when I'm due to have mine taken out and I feel everything you described. I even have bloating that makes me looks like I have a little baby bump to the point where my family has noticed and even asked if I'm pregnant. I'm very worried, I feel as if maybe somehow the Mirena is forcing a false negative. I have taken home pregnancy tests that all come up negative and when I went to my OB/GYN they did a urine test that had also came up negative. NOt sure what step to take next but I feel exactly how I felt when I was pregnant with my now four year old. Help!
Back pain
Exhaustion
Headaches
Cramping
Bloating
Breast Soreness/Tenderness
Changes in Appetite
Nausea
Vomiting  

I got my Iud in may, prior to I was on Yasmin for 8 years. Since about two weeks after implantation my moods have been crazy whacky!!! I notice how irrational I am. It's driving me crazy!! And relation to the mirena??
hope this helps some of you... after having the mirena for 2 1/12 years i got pregnant... i took 2 test that showed positive but i didnt believe it so i went to the er and there also it was positive... still didnt believe it so i went to my ob/gyn and had a urine test and blood test & both were positive.... next the ordered a blood test that checks if its a tubal pregnancy and it wasnt so my dr removed the iud..... i am now 34 weeks preg.. everything is good! so yes it is possible nothing is 100% but not having sex period!!!!
so were u prego or no cuz that really sounded like u were from what i read i AM a mother of 4 and im having prego sysmtoms as well as friends are comenting to so im scared i have the meraina in plz get back to me
a conserned mother
Ohk I really need anyone's input this month when I had my period it wasn't a period it was just a bloody discharge and my lower stomach has been killing me for 2 straight weeks now. I'm so sleepy, I've actually lost like 6 pounds, also I've been having trouble using the restroom and I have heartburn I really think I might be pregnant.???? Someone help lol!!  Oh n I'm a waitress when I pick heavy stuff up it feels like stomach is pulling ??
I am in the very same situation and the gynocologist and his nurse won't take me seriously because of the stupid mirena i have had 4 1/2 years! I am going back tomorrow and insisting on an ultrasound.
I had mirena for 5 yrs. Then removed then new one replaced. I was hospitalized for a cyst the size of a golf ball it popped n I collapsed from so much blood loss. I woke to being given a blood transfusion!! Dr said its best I keep it and it was just my bodies way of trying to reject a foriegn object. My string are no where to be found now n I was sent to have an ultrasound to make sure it hadnt moved. Dr said iud was in place n its fine..i trusted her to now having pregnancy symptoms n top in all off my hair is falling oit. I have a 3" patch of missing!! I need answers..
im due to have my mirena taken out in January and now im having symptoms of pregnancy. the symptoms include tender breasts and peeing more often. anyone having these symptoms? or had these symptoms when they were near the end of the duration of the mirena?
I am so glad I found these posts! I too have had all of the typical pregnancy symptoms. I've only ad my iud for about a year and a half, and have always had cramping and light bleeding after intercourse. Moodiness, cramping, headache, nauseous, and this morning I felt a hard spot lump out in my belly-as if a baby was poking out! Stopped me in my tracks! I know if is highly unlikely to become pregnant wile using the iud, but does anyone know why these symptoms are so strong and happen so often??
I've been on the merina for a year. Since I've been on it I spotted 2 days every month for my period. This month for my "period' I got it for 8 days... spotted the 1st day, light flow the 2nd-4th day and spotting the rest. I have been getting really sharp pains in my lower stomach. I've been feeling, tired, nausea,  back pain,  having cravings,  tired all the time, heart burn like crazy and peeing every 10 mins. The other day I noticed I have a little bit of milk coming out of my nipples and moment in my stomach.  I already have 3 kids... 9 ,3 and 1.  Could I be pregnant with my 4th?? Please help me!!!!
I had an iud mirena inserted in me a couple of months ago. I've missed my period last month and I haven't gotten it this month either. I'm freaking out I'm only 18 and just got back with my bf who I left three years ago. I'm scared. How do I know if I am pregnant?? Help??
Well I had my mirena inserted last year and I got it checked they told me its fine but my periods are weird I haven't had mine in months I'm not pregnant tho cuz if I was I would have been growing a belly already n it would be dangerous from wat I heard in pregnancy with mirena but I been doing fine I'm not pregnant tho I haven't had my period in months everyones menstrual going to be different when they have mirena sometimes I start and I spot then off of it but other than that I haven't started my period in months not pregnant tho cuz I would have felt the baby but I do go for check ups to make sure everything is fine the clinic I go to is very good
Well I have had my iud for a year now and when it was put in I had a period twice and now I don't and I had symptoms at first but I knew I wasn't. but now I am gaining weight in my belly and only there. i'm cramping like I was before and still no period. I have sex with my sons father all the time without protection and I know that it is not 100% effective, but i'm getting sick off the things I did with my son..I'm worried but I don't want it to be negative and i'm just getting fat...but I would kinda like to be pregnant. I love my son and I would love to have another child...what should I do.
Hi! Well I'm a 35 yr old that got the Mirena IUD inserted in July of 2010 after I gave birth to my son..now going on 3 1/2 years since I've had this IUD with no problems...but, lately I've been getting really bad headaches everyday, I feel my eyes are going to pop out! Along with feeling nauseous!! I'm hoping I'm not pregnant! Or don't have an infection! I hope this is just one of the side effects and it will pass! Someone please help! Let me know if anyone feel the same!?!? Thank you!
I got mine in october2011, so for 2 years now. I spotted at the beginning for 6 months. Now I get my period every 3 months. I honestly think that if you gain weight its your fault and should take better care of what you eat. I have no cramps only on my period which lasts about 3days and is very light. Maybe its just luck if your body accepts it. So good luck girls.
I am on my second IUD.  My first 5 years were fantastic...no issues!  Then I had the second inserted two years ago and now I have an appointment to remove it!!!  I am experiencing all symptoms of pregnancy, negative urine and blood test, and have confirmed no other health conditions with my doctor.  Like I said, my next step is to have it removed and see if the symptoms will stop!!  I have a 7 & 8 year old.  I am very happy with being a Momma of two, but at this point...if I'm going to feel pregnant...I might as well be pregnant!  We are considering having Daddy snipped!!  Good Luck everyone!
I just got my mirena a 2 months.ago. i have 1 baby and in no way am i ready for a.sec. i dont know what is going on. I have every pregnancy sympton known to man. Throwing up and what really scares me is my breasts r so.tender. i have cked my strings and i dont feel anything. Please anyone out therr with any advise i am all ears....
the same is happenig to me i have had my iud for the past yr and a i think im prego i have all symptoms but is hard to tell because i never gotten my period
I have been having issues in the last week I had my peruid a week ago and the other day I spotted once then stopped mh stomach gets nauseas everytime I eat and feels like its going to explode....anyideas
I too am 35 with a 3 1/2 year old son.  I have been having signs of a pregnancy too.  I have been getting headaches, I'm always tired with absolutely NO energy, being irritable, weight gain, heartburn, my breast are getting bigger and mood swings.  I am going to make an appointment to see if I am indeed pregnant and if not, then I may need to get the IUD taken out.
I have had mine for 6 years. I had extreme pain the following days after getting it. That first year was bad and I had bad pain spells that would have me in the fetal position. After about two years the pain subsided. Every once in awhile there is pain during intercourse. I hardly have periods and they are irregular and VERY light... I mostly just get the symptoms of a period. You do get pregnancy symptoms once in awhile. I now think I am pregnant due to pregnancy symptoms that are not like the mock ones im use to, these are much stronger than they have ever been. My doctor did tell me a blood test would need to be done to detect pregnancy with an IUC.
Hi, okay so I've had the mirena for 3 years now, and I've had periods every month except for this month, I've been cramping like I'm going to start but I haven't started and I'm a month late. I took 2 pregnancy test and they both came out negative, but I'm having symptoms of being pregnant. Like frequent urination, feeling nausea after I eat. Idk really know what to do... Anyone know what I should do?
I've been on the Mirena for a little over a year now. When I first got it, I didn't have my period for a couple months then I finally got it and it last almost a week. After that I didn't get it for another 3 months. Within those three months I thought I was pregnant, not only because I was late but because I had all the symptoms of fatigue,  frequently urinating, cravings, nausea, very emotional and also I felt little flutters in my uterus. I also took a pregnancy test and it turned out to be negative. But again it's been almost three months since my last period and I'm getting the same symtoms (symptoms) again, only this time I feel really bloated. Took another pregnancy test and still negative. Not sure if this is normal or not and I'm starting to think this is my new cycle and if it is it's very scary because I don't know if I'm really pregnant or not.. anyone else get the same symptoms?
Were you pregnant or not? I have the same symptoms
Hi there, saw that u had these symptoms early this year, I have had the same symptoms for two months now, getting scared, how did u go?
I have had my IUD in place for around 20 months now, have had regular cycle since insertion, until about three weeks ago when I began to spot blood, very much on and off, with breast tenderness and swelling and overall feeling of pregnancy as I already have two children. Just annoyed and wondering if I am maybe over reacting? Also huge tummy!!!!
My symptoms to a tee, how did u go?
what ever happened? im getting fluttering and swirling and every test i take is negative too, im really interested to know what your blood test came back to say? im really close to going to get one myself! especially becaise i have surgery for a tumor on Jan 8th and im worried about doing it if im pregagnt, i had mirena put in jan 2013 and everything has been fine until recently
Did anything else ever come of this? I am on my 3rd Mirena. I've always gained a little weight when I get them in at first, but lose it easily. For the last month, I've convinced myself that I am pregnant. I also had a negative HPT. But still have tender breasts, swollen abdomen, extremely tired, and feel unhappy.. I just wonder if its possible to get a negative HPT, and still be pregnant. Did you go to the Dr.?  Are you pregnant? Please let me know. I really don't want to start my deductible over if the negative is definately a negative.  Thanks!
Had Mirena 5 months now,

First few days, potting
Light period first month, no period since
This last month or so I am tired all of the time and my breasts really hurt
The last 2 weeks I have been peeing more + heartburn
Strings are still where they were

Mood swings are better than while on pill
Not sure what to try next, pill was bad for mood swings/crying
40, 3 kids
I have had my mirena in place now for 4 years and 8 months. I recently have started to feel those same pregnancy symptoms. I have stomach cramps, spotting headaches and eating a lot more. I took a pregnancy test but it came back negative. The problem with that is that the test itself says that if you have ovarian cysts,  it can lead to a negative result. I don't have insurance and am very worried about ectopic pregnancy. I am wondering if because I am almost at my 5 year mark if it is not giving off as much hormone needed to protect against pregnancy. I normally feel nausea in the morning but it subsides by the afternoon. I already have to children and wouldn't be terribly upset to have another if that was the case but I am really scared with what could be going on. I would not recommend the iud to anyone. I believe that this iud is what caused me to get very painful ovarian cysts. Please anyone with info let me know
Yes! I have been having major breast tenderness and tingling for 5 weeks now, and have been also having frequent urination I get up 3times a night! I am off th get the iud removed tomorrow. Before I do I will take a pregnancy test. I'm scared, after hearing all these stories. I have had the iud for over 4 years. What happened .... We're you pregnant?
Has anyone actually came out pregnant or just symptoms?? I am not using protection and lately I've been very tired and moody. i feel flutters , having cramps, and even dreams of being pregnant while being woken up crying and staying o the verge of crying all day log...  all the home pregnancy test are negative... no insurance just yet (3 weeks) ... crossing fingers but don't want to get to excited.
i need  help i dont know if im pregnac or not i do have a iud in me and the last time i had my peirod was jan 22 before my bday and i been asking people but they say its nothin it could be just stress but i been feeling sick in the moring my throat would hurt and my nose would run and run or suff up i dont know i throw up but it was like clear and bubbles and i dont know i been eating alot and looking up what could it be so i need answers plzz guys help me i dont know  what to do im 23 year old yes im young i dont know if i should tell my mom bc she old and i dont think she could handle it i dont talk to the person i last had sex with so im scared i need anybody help that could help and tell he whats the problem
Hello my name is Ariel i'm 23 and my husband and I just had our first baby little less then 7 months ago.  I got the IUD 4-6 weeks after having my beautiful daughter Clover-Lynn and have had problems from the beginning.  First there was problems with the string and I had to go back several times to have it shortened and now there is no string for me to even do a check to see if its in right.  I have noticed pregnancy symptoms for about two months now.  I get random periods some time a little painful.  My breast hurt almost everyday, intercourse is some times very uncomfortable just like during my pregnancy. I am very confused and scared, I my self do not want any more children my pregnancy was very rough.  I'm always tired my seance of smell is unbelievable and I'm losing an enormous amount of my hair, these were also all the signs i had when I was pregnant.  I have not taken any tests I have called the doctor twice and they brush it off like I'm nuts.  I feel no lumps or anything in my stomach but that doesnt always tell you everything.. I've also had a eptopic pregnancy before so my odds are even greater.  As I read all these blogs I begin to wonder if maybe all these symptoms we are having is being cause from all the hormones in our bodies. I think the IUD needs more research behind it.  
Viewing 601-684 comments: