Miscarriage
I have a question about getting pregnant after a d&c. In 2007 i had a miscarriage when i was 5 months almost 6 months pregnant. Ever since then i have wanted to have a baby especially since my sister told me she was pregnant and a lot of our friends were pregnant right when i lost my first one. In April of 2009 I had another miscarriage at 6 weeks and i had to get the d&c done. My doctor told me to wait atleast 3 months to get pregnant. Well I am going to school right now and 2 of my classmates have announced they are pregnant and it is killing me inside. I feel as if my bad luck is everyones good luck. I just need to know how long i should really wait before i can try. My doctor also told me that the 2 miscarriages have nothing to do with each other. Please share your thoughts with me. Thanks.
sounds kinda like your ttc for the wrong reasons. "especially since my sister told me she was pregnant and a lot of our friends were pregnant" you cant want to have a baby because everyone else is doing it. i understand you lost a baby at almost 6 months pregnant but you need time to heal. you shouldnt want to rush into trying again because everyone around you is having babys

you said your still in school...im assuming college.....having a baby makes college hard....not to mention expensive.

i would recomend waiting. finish school. get married. then try and have a baby. make a family for your baby, become financially stable, BUT GIVE YOURSELF TIME TO HEAL. 2 miscarriage in the past 2 years. and you keep mentioning wanting a baby because everyone else is having them
Its not that i want a baby because everyone else is having one.. I want a baby for all the right reasons. I have a good home for a little baby. I am married and i will be done with school this month.. I have healed as much as any who could if they have been in this situation. It bugs me that everyone around me is getting pregnant and talking about it around me knowing what i went through. When they arent even ready to have kids. I dont want to get pregnant because they are. I have always wanted to have kids it just hurts me that they get pregnant right after i lose one. All i need to know it when people think it is safe after having a D&C at 6 weeks.
I'm sorry you have had to endure mc twice.  I understand what you mean about everyone else having a child when you lost yours...it makes it worse to be around people having kids cause they can't help but talk about it.  I think everyone handles losing a baby differently. And you are the only one that knows what will help you in your healing process.  I too feel a desire to try again.

But to answer your question I have done alot of research and from my understanding the waiting is more for the purpose of dating the pregnancy. But you can do that after one cycle. However I wouldn't recommend going against what your doctor says but you should ask him/her if dating it is the reason they are asking you to wait. I didn't have a D&C so I'm unsure of problemss that can cause but talk to you doc and let them know you wish to ttc asap. I just got my first period and plan on trying from the day it goes off  :) Good luck to you
i just lost are bby at six weeks im nineteen and married but i was just wanting to know how long do u think we can start trying again i know i would be a great mom and so would my husband soo if u could could u plzz help us
im 10wks 5 dys pregnant today i wuz told my babys heartbeat stopped he wuz measuring 10 wks 4 days....this is devastating im really hurt....i havent misscarried yet....but its da worst feeling