Aa
A
A
Close
More lumps
Hi,

I was wondering what could cause lumps on your neck. I have had a lump on my neck that originally I thought was just a pimple not fully grown yet but it is still there after more then a week, it is painful when I move my neck around or touch it or lay on it but it doesn't seem to move.

Also, as of today I've noticed a second lump on the same side of my neck but this one is just starting and it's just behind my left earlobe so you can't see it if you look at me.

Just wondering if anyone knows what it could be and if I should worry at all.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
This kind of bump can be a swollen lymph node,a sebaceous cyst or a boil. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes.Treatment is usually cold compresses,over the counter anti-inflammatory analgesics(pain killers) like acetaminophen or ibuprofen,antibiotics if cause of infection is suspected to be a bacteria and surgical drainage if there is any abscess formation.

If there is a history of any recent viral infection then a swollen lymph node should be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for your help. I appreciate all the answers you have given me! I have a doctor's appointment for this next week!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2020005 tn?1472427714
Blank
KTowne Little man's name will be W... Comment
58 mins ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
19117566 tn?1472565120